Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    you could try doing any social studies course, you'll eventually gain a sense of guilt.
    What a wonderful life, where i have a sense of guilt for my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Has anyone here actually read both posts?

I came into this thread when there was ~2 pages, read both the full posts that were linked in the OP and then read all the comments up to here.

In fact, I would argue that the vast majority of people didn't even read the posts that were linked in the OP.

5. In the article, it is argued that most people who abuse children arn't actual pedophiles but rather people who offend because the opportunity presented itself, which I think is a rather strange line of argument that should be discussed more here rather than the drivel some people are spouting
    Yes, That is the part that struck me. I've even quoted one of the sentences in an earlier post. It's wordplay. A child gets abused by abuser, there being evidence that that the abuse was repeated (in many cases). How one comes up with the conclusion that said abuser is not a pedophile has no logic.

For someone who acts like a pretentious philosophy student you're not great at comprehension.
    "Your argument is that thoughts are bad if they contain harmful feelings." has nothing to do with what ive said at all.
    My fantasies involve consent. I'm not one to fantasize about people unless they want me to. Etc etc.

Fantasy is something that exists only in thought in one's mind. That's all. Your premise has been that thoughts can somehow violate another person's rights. I mean, you can be upset with me for pointing this out to you if you like, but that's what you said. There's no twisting of words required here. I could quote whole conversations back to you, but I won't be that guy that chops his post up into 57 quotes and responses.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Of course it is a disease it is a paraphilia.

I hope you get found out by your ip and don't go near children with 100m distance.

Seems it's now ok to just call people pedophiles on MMO Champ.

Stay classy mods.

15+ Year Old Account
    No? I have people with whom ive had sex with and have made it quite obvious that we are both comfortable seeing eachother in a sexual way....
    I don´t think that was what people had in mind when talking about sexual thoughts of someone.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    "Is it ok for you if i think of you naked humping a pillow?" - "No?" - "oh damn, ok then i will not think that"
    But don't you already begin to have such thought before you ask? It doesn't appear out of nowhere. Unless we decide to call it "having thoughts about having thoughts" or "having thoughts about asking someone to consent to be subject of further thoughts to be had". But in that case, wouldn't the person in question need to consent to them anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this something you learned in social studies?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And that's fine. For example, I find scat disgusting. I doubt I'm alone. But I'm not going to say that those who practice it are bad people, let alone those who only fantasize about it. Obviously, in case of pedophilia I condemn those who do practice it, but I'm not going to say people who just have this paraphilia and don't act on it are evil.
    I would not say they are evil either if they actively try to suppress it and seek help. On the same side of it I would be cautious around them and ensure they cannot work with children too much risk there obviously. Scat is also disgusting to me. I do enjoy doing a good poo though on the toilet but thats mainly so I can play angry birds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But don't you already begin to have such thought before you ask? It doesn't appear out of nowhere. Unless we decide to call it "having thoughts about having thoughts" or "having thoughts about asking someone to consent to be subject of further thoughts to be had". But in that case, wouldn't the person in question need to consent to them anyway?
    I know, i just wanted to point out how ridiculous the idea is.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes because we're in an environment where it's quite normal to leer at women and objectify them...
    Just as normal as it is to leer at men and objectify them, what´s your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    @ The thread, we defend homosexuals for being born with the brain mutation of finding the same sex attractive as a sexual partner. Yet, when a person is born with the mutation of finding children attractive as a sexual partner, they are hated and shamed because it is seen as taboo in our society.

I'm not defending pedophiles, but where do we draw the line on these defects? (Probly going to get hate for using that word)
    Homosexuality is not a mutation(neither is pedophilia), but what reasons to pedos have to come out in public?

yes because we're in an environment where it's quite normal to leer at women and objectify them...
    Is this environment called reality by any chance?

So you have people that tell you for no reason it´s ok with them for you to have sexual thoughts of them? That is not weird at all.
    But think about all the new kinds of thought prostitution that will appear out of it. If you legalize it, it would be awesome for the economy. Start at 5$ for "I consent to thinking about me without a bra" and go on from there.

So we´re talking about ethics now?
    And guilt, apparently.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2015-10-08 at 12:21 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I'm glad your mind doesn't exist in reality. It must be quite nice to have reached such an enlightened state.
    How do my unexpressed thoughts affect anyone outside of me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    What about the Afghans? In their culture it is a status symbol to have many underage boys as sex toys. Are they also insane?
    Yes, they are monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's called religion. But I think they just pretend.
    I must admit I'm so evil I'm not aware of a religion that has the core tenet of needing consent to think about someone. Where do I find one? I guess just pretending is a good start anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone want to explain what ethics is to Mayhem?
    A part of philosophy. Moving further away from what we were talking about doesn´t really help you making a point, you know?

Yes because reality is dominated by vidya playing nerds most of which are male.
    I hate to break this to you but most females and non-nerd males have fantasies too.

Also, I'm not sure if you know this, but leering is an action.

- - - Updated - - -

because thoughts and actions are not separate
    Yes, they absolutely are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Homosexuality is not a mutation(neither is pedophilia), but what reasons to pedos have to come out in public?
    In theory there's no reason for someone to have their sexuality be a public thing. However, it does happen that people are outed or what not for whatever reason. In which case, someone who is a pedophile is automatically ostracized , same with how gays used to be. The fact that people can be gay and be proud of it...well, pedos can't, and probably won't ever be proud of it (not t hat sexuality is something to be proud of).

But the thing is..they shouldn't be considered as monsters for something that they literally have no control of, and the posts in this thread show that it's incredibly dangerous as well, something that shouldn't be.