also all servers are "merged" into a mega server. The only reason you pick a server is for WvW. Everything in the game is cross realms, this isn't WoW.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    also all servers are "merged" into a mega server. The only reason you pick a server is for WvW. Everything in the game is cross realms, this isn't WoW.
    Good to know. Though its funny because WoW is the only MMO I know who are doing the same thing with several servers compared to all the other MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Good to know. Though its funny because WoW is the only MMO I know who are doing the same thing with several servers compared to all the other MMOs.
    WoW only merges a group of servers, not all. Which is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW only merges a group of servers, not all. Which is stupid.
    Agreed, its the dumbest solution they could have come up with and its so obvious they just want to continue milking $25 transfers. I would know, I've purchased $500+ worth of them, character customizations, and about 5 faction changes over 10+ years.

Also doesn't help that they merge the smaller servers together when they should be merging smaller servers with the larger ones its also dumb they kept the old realm names so people couild keep their names. You're already breaking a few eggs, people will get over a forced name change for better convenience if they're intelligent (which a lot of MMO players aren't tbh).
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Agreed, its the dumbest solution they could have come up with and its so obvious they just want to continue milking $25 transfers. I would know, I've purchased $500+ worth of them, character customizations, and about 5 faction changes over 10+ years.

Also doesn't help that they merge the smaller servers together when they should be merging smaller servers with the larger ones its also dumb they kept the old realm names so people couild keep their names. You're already breaking a few eggs, people will get over a forced name change for better convenience if they're intelligent (which a lot of MMO players aren't tbh).
    It is very irritating to lose names based on being on the "wrong" server though. It happened for me in SW:TOR when they merged, and I lost half my names that I'd had since pre-launch. Maybe if there was some system where the other server didn't automatically "win" the name.

But really, lets be honest, no matter what benefits the linked servers have over just merging (names, char-slots), the reason they're doing this is to avoid the bad press of "WoW is dying, servers merging!". Plus, it is many YEARS overdue in most cases.

(And a last side note, doesn't https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=15&v=mzqhejcuTJ8 that look like a bit much like a mordrem wolf with armor?)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the main problem with the names isn't even the server stuff, but the limitations of naming in many MMO's vs something like GW2's system. There are just a lot fewer (non-stupid) names in WoW or TOR or whatnot.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The fact that the naming system in GW2 is so free form (max of 19 characters total, but can be 2-3 surnames or whatever) makes it that much easier to come up with an unique name. Can't recall how many times I would go to move servers in wow only to find the name I was using taken...urgh.

And yeah, their server "merging" is simply a ploy to placate the need for mergers all without the publicity that comes with "so and so game is merging servers, so it must be dying" all the while collecting those $25 transfers from folks wanting to find a decently populated server (which there are all of a dozen or so left per region).

So today, "do 4 events in Dredgehaunt", hop on out, run up to the top of Tribulation Rift Scaffolding jumping puzzle, kill the earth elemental for the event. When I loot the chest, it gives me another event completion. Run along and do the Caverns, loot the chest and get an event for that jumping puzzle also.

DO they count jumping puzzles as events for the daily? Has it been like this for a long time?

events as in dynamic events? If so jumping puzzles are not dynamic events.

- - - Updated - - -

So I've been trying to find the "ritualist" in the engineer. Some proffession inspiration came from a ritualist so I've been making each of those proffessions but now I'm left with engineer - I hate this class the most. So trying to make a turret "spirit" build for PvE just isn't working and now I remember that as a ritualist you can drop your weapon skills for added effects AND THAT'S WHAT MED KIT IS

Now time to make this thing work

The closest I've found to a Ritualist was a Guardian and spirit weapons.

In reality, there is nothing that comes close to a Ritualist.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The closest I've found to a Ritualist was a Guardian and spirit weapons.

In reality, there is nothing that comes close to a Ritualist.
    I have a Spirit druid in the works.

events as in dynamic events? If so jumping puzzles are not dynamic events.
    Exactly so. The daily was "complete four events", I did the earth elemental, the dredge/skritt thing n the tunnels below, and also got an event credit for each of the chests of the two jumping puzzles. I hopped over to another zone and did a puzzle and didn't get an event notice.

Not sure whats up

on a side note tested med kit with full cleric gear

it is straight up trash like holy shit how am I going to make this work. It's purely ST heal and its soooo hard to land heals.

Tested it today, events in Snowden Drifts, head off to the puzzle.
    http://i.imgur.com/LBIUT03.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Repeated the puzzle on an alt, got another credit.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-10-14 at 01:05 AM. Reason: resize images or use thumbnails.

What is this puzzle thing and where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What is this puzzle thing and where is it?
    Regular jumping puzzles apparently count as an event for the daily for the zone they're in, when you loot the chest.

So King Jalis Refuge (jumping puzzle in Snowden Drifts) gave me credit as an event, so now since I did it on 2 characters I've got 2 events for the daily.

If I do a jumping puzzle in a different zone that is NOT the daily, it does not give me an event credit.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh that's nice. I didn't realize jumping puzzles counted. I'd much prefer to do those over other events. Good find!
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Does anyone know if Heart of Thorns is a midnight release?

Or is it at a set time on the 23rd, for example, 10am GMT? (I'm EU).

I have a spare few days of holiday to take before christmas, and wondering if it's worth it.

ArenaNet tends to do spur of the moment releases, so there is no real set time on it. Unless you really want to, I wouldn't spend my holiday time on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valar morghulis

Wizard 101 is on that list? That's a bizarre game to rank up there, particularly since they included Path of Exile opening up that entire genre. And no Glitch, that's too bad, poor game.

errr....

I like it at number 2, but I'm so done with WoW it's hard to remember people still like it.