View Poll Results: Is Amy Schumer A Rapist?

Voters
295. This poll is closed
  • Yes

227 76.95%
  • No

68 23.05%
Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is Amy Schumer A Rapist?

Apologies if this is slightly old, I just came across it.

Just to be clear from what I understand of the story:

- He was "wasted" when he called her
    - She was sober and in control
    - She had a creepy crush on him and wanted to have sex with him but he was out of her league

- Upon arriving, she was immediately aware that he was barely verbal, couldn't focus his eyes, passing-out drunk
    - He could not consent to sex
    - She took advantage of the situation to have sex with him

- He passed out repeatedly, fell out of the bed, crawled back in, she continued to have sex with him
    - She eventually gave up and left

http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/read-...la-speech.html

"It was 8 a.m., my dorm room phone rang. "Amy, wassup? It's Matt. Come over." Holy shit! This is it, I thought. He woke up thinking about me! He realized we're meant to start a life together! Let's just stop all this pretending that we weren't free just to love one another!"

"Finally, the door opens. It's Matt, but not really. He's there, but not really. His face is kind of distorted, and his eyes seem like he can't focus on me. He's actually trying to see me from the side, like a shark.

"Hey!" he yells, too loud, and gives me a hug, too hard. He's fucking wasted.

I'm not the first person he thought of that morning. I'm the last person he called that night. I wonder, how many girls didn't answer before he got to fat freshman me? Am I in his phone as Schumer? Probably.

But I was here, and I wanted to be held and touched and felt desired, despite everything. I wanted to be with him."

"He started to go down on me. That's ambitious, I think. Is it still considered getting head if the guy falls asleep every three seconds and moves his tongue like an elderly person eating their last oatmeal?"

Compare to:

https://reason.com/blog/2015/06/11/a...ed-for-rape-bu

"Amherst College expelled a male student who was accused of sexually assaulting a female student while he was blacked out. Again, while he was blacked out. The woman he allegedly assaulted was fully lucid.

How did that happen? It didn’t. The evidence overwhelmingly suggests that the male student did nothing wrong. If anyone committed sexual assault during their encounter, it was in fact the female student."

This is one of the few cases where we have an actually good idea of what happened the night in question. Doe accompanied the accuser (who was Doe's girlfriend's roommate) to her dorm room. The accuser performed oral sex on a blacked out Doe (Johnson notes that even the Amherst hearing found Doe's account of being blacked out "credible"). Doe leaves. The accuser then texted two people: First, a male student she had a crush on — whom she invited over after a heavily flirtatious exchange earlier in the evening. Then, a female friend.

The accuser said during her hearing that she only texted one friend to help her handle the assault as she felt "very alone and confused." But her texts with her female friend give no indication of an assault. Rather, the accuser texted her friend "Ohmygod I jus did something so fuckig stupid" [sic throughout]. She then proceeded to fret that she had done something wrong and her roommate would never talk to her again, because "it's pretty obvi I wasn't an innocent bystander."
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2015-10-18 at 05:51 PM.

Is Amy Schumer a comedian?

10+ Year Old Account
    If the story is true

yes, she is a rapist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Is Amy Schumer a comedian?
    The proof is ambiguous at best.

And no, I don't think that's rape. He initiated contact, he came over for sex. You're not a victim just because you're drunk, man or woman.

The idea that this is rape, only because she didn't down a bottle of vodka before undressing, is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post

And no, I don't think that's rape. He initiated contact, he came over for sex. You're not a victim just because you're drunk, man or woman.

The idea that this is rape, only because she didn't down a bottle of vodka before undressing, is ridiculous.
    So, he was so wasted that he couldn't have legally bought a hamburger, but he could still give consent to sex?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Uhm, she came over, everything else seems to be correct. Seriously, if you call someone to come over and start the whole thing, it hardly can be called rape unless it´s becoming violent of course.
    I'm pretty sure if we switched the genders, she would be doing time now, or at least thrown out of college or weherever she was.
    Last edited by mmoc30052307fd; 2015-10-18 at 02:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Uhm, she came over, everything else seems to be correct. Seriously, if you call someone to come over and start the whole thing, it hardly can be called rape unless it´s becoming violent of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Have you missed on the amount of 'being drunk does not give consent' stuff, and all that stuff that women have been preaching for the past 5 years?

This doesn't seem to be the reality we live in, though I agree with you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    So, he was so wasted that he couldn't have legally bought a hamburger, but he could still give consent to sex?
    What?

And yes.

While drunk:
    Drive - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Destroy property - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Fight - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Cheat - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Steal - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Buy things - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Take drugs - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Have sex - you're a victim.

Why? Why is having sex treated so differently to all other choices in your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    I'm pretty sure if we switched the genders, she would be doing time now, or at least thrown out of college or weherever she was.
    Yeah, and that's a disgrace. Just because it happens doesn't make it right.
    Last edited by Revi; 2015-10-18 at 02:29 PM.

if the story is true, then by Feminist standards (Amy herself being outspoken to the "Cause" lulz) then she most certainly is a rapist.

but i guess theres 2 sets of standards, feminist Standards and non-feminst standards.

Do as i say not as i do. . .

What?

And yes.

While drunk:
    Drive - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Destroy property - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Fight - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Cheat - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Steal - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Buy things - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Take drugs - you're responsible for your own actions.
    Have sex - you're a victim.

Why?
    But if the Shoe was on The other foot, the male would definitely be labeled a rapist. Just saying.

I think you're missing the somewhat not-really-concealed sarcasm or satire in this thread dude
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    But if the Shoe was on The other foot, the male would definitely be labeled a rapist. Just saying.
    Without any question at all.

Deleted
    Awww yiss manakin missed his bait rape threads!

But the law would consider him incapable of consent as it would a women, actually pressing charges and obtaining evidence is another matter entirely, even despite her account of it a smart lawyer would be able to work around it easily enough and then add the time disparity.

Let's take a moment to congratulate this dude on what is an amazing accomplishment though. He was blind fuckin' drunk and still able to get his donger to work even in the presence of this goddamn hog.

That is impressive. He should be taken to a medical center to have like stem cells and blood collected for future cloning projects.

End of Whiskey Dick in our lifetime people!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Yea, reading the whole story she doesn't claim to really intiate anything. Besides going over there, it's more of thr drunk guy intiating everything and her sort of relunctantly going along with whatever. If you intiate sex, and then fall asleep intermittedly through (For small periods at that) I fail to see how that is rape on you, regardless of gender.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Let's take a moment to congratulate this dude on what is an amazing accomplishment though. He was blind fuckin' drunk and still able to get his donger to work even in the presence of this goddamn hog.

That is impressive. He should be taken to a medical center to have like stem cells and blood collected for future cloning projects.

End of Whiskey Dick in our lifetime people!
    You're telling me son.

I think he's more than earned his man card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why? Why is having sex treated so differently to all other choices in your mind?
    Because it´s not masturbation. I´m not in favor of this witch hunt, but there´s quite a difference between the things you listed and someone taking advantage of your condition. Still there´s the difference in who started it and it´s really hard to prove when there´s only someones word against another.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Yea, reading the whole story she doesn't claim to really intiate anything. Besides going over there, it's more of thr drunk guy intiating everything and her sort of relunctantly going along with whatever. If you intiate sex, and then fall asleep intermittedly through (For small periods at that) I fail to see how that is rape on you, regardless of gender.
    The law would view it as the exploitation of a vulnerable adult, in the sense that even if he did intiate it all his current physiological state would render his consent be it physical or verbal as null and void and the responsibility would be on the woman not to engage in reciprocal relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Ah if only every University,Judge,legal system thought like you.
    One can dream,

I like Amy as an entertainer and think she is cute...subjective being...well,subjective.

I would have to dwell on this awhile more, not sure it meets the criteria as I understand it ...in my state.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2015-10-18 at 04:46 PM.