Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

4300 VP every week

You earn 4300 VP weekly, if you do:

- all HFC / BRF & HM LFR wings (150/75 VP per week per wing)
    - all 7 mythic dungeons (once per dungeon per week)
    - every day the first random heroic dungeon of the week
    - the weekly event

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...-valor/#post99
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2015-10-21 at 06:23 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, 2 weeks at 8000 vp (dw), 7500 (2H). Assuming you completely apply yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    So 2 week of hard graft, or 8 week of slow but gated graft. No cap is better in my opinion, though knowing me I probably wouldn't even hit the 1k cap if there were one /lazy

Deleted
    8 myth dungeons
    7 hc dungeons
    bonus weekly quest

=3600 vp

Fuck LFR. Way too much time wastage for pitiful gain. But tasks described above can be done pretty easily and quickly. It's a fair bit of gameplay but not fifteen fucking hour-long LFR queues bit of gameplay.

Doing that for 3 weeks you will have enough to upgrade everything + still some points to spare. After all your loot is 2/2 you'll be fine by doing bonus quest + maybe a mythic dungeon or two. Having a high "soft" cap allows you to play more on weeks where you acquire lots of upgrades. You didn't had this opportunity in MOP. After 4x upg got introduced, your whole weekly cap was enough to upgrade just 1 (ONE) item. This resulted with loot rotting in your inventory, waiting to get upgraded. That sucked, but with high "soft" cap this won't happen.

If your guild "forces" you to run all of the LFR cesspools in order to get from 3,6k to 4,8k valor... get the fuck out of this guild. Just type /gquit with no second thoughts. No, seriously.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-10-21 at 06:45 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, I am likely to only run lfr and upgrade my Mythic (socketed) or Mythic Warforged (socketed) items only. May take me longer but I don't have to step foot in stupid dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    If your guild "forces" you to run all of the LFR cesspools in order to get from 3,6k to 4,8k valor... get the fuck out of this guild. Just type /gquit with no second thoughts. No, seriously.
    If a guild is serious about getting 10 ilvls, they can run normals of everything in 10% of the time it'd take to do LFR.

I've done sub 30 minute HMs and 40 minute BRFs. I've done a 90 minute heroic HFC so I suspect normal can be done in under an hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Run LFR as a guild, instant queue and you'll smash it down in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    If a guild is serious about getting 10 ilvls, they can run normals of everything in 10% of the time it'd take to do LFR.

I've done sub 30 minute HMs and 40 minute BRFs. I've done a 90 minute heroic HFC so I suspect normal can be done in under an hour.
    VP doesn't drop from normal, heroic or mythic raids - only LFR. So, yes, you are still forced to do LFR if you want to min max cap your gear upgrades.

3100 (no weekly event) and 3600 (weekly event) doesn't sound too bad. Skipping the LFRs will only add less than a week worth of time to upgrade everything. Doing the LFRs is totally not worth it considering it's an investment of atleast 4-8 hours to do all HFC, BRF and HM.
    Last edited by tuesday the paladin; 2015-10-21 at 07:09 PM.

Deleted
    Will be definitely looking for premade 730+ LFR groups. I fuck the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    VP doesn't drop from normal, heroic or mythic raids - only LFR. So, yes, you are still forced to do LFR if you want to min max cap your gear upgrades.
    Well the alternative is to actually do LFR. Set 700+ (realistically 725+) ilvl req, fill to 25, then queue for LFR. They're all way easier than normal if you actually have the same group, so the time would drop even so. No summoning/flying around too.

It's also pretty stupid that it only drops in LFR. We're going to queue with 25 defeating the purpose of putting currency as a reward on LFR ("help bad players do trivial content"). Blizzard is wicked smaht.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    So, 2 weeks at 8000 vp (dw), 7500 (2H). Assuming you completely apply yourself.
    -500 from each. Legendary ring can't be upped so that saves 1 slot. Be pretty OP if it could just gain +10 though

I'm finding amusing how excited people are getting to having to grind stagnant or irrelevant content just to keep up on the ilvl.

Seriously.

It's 4875 total per week,

8 mythic dungeons at 300 each is 2400
    500 from weekly event
    100 per daily heroic for 700 total per week
    150 per wing of HFC at 5 wings for 750 total
    75 per HM/BRF wing at 7 wings for 525 total

2400 + 500 + 700 + 750 + 525 = 4875, 4375 on petbattle weeks.

at 250 per upgrade failing to do all lfrs loses you 5 upgrades plus change.

at 15(16 if MH/OH) item slots (assuming legendary ring can be valor upgraded) thats 30(32) upgrades needed to get full effect. It would seem lfrs would only be needed first week for raiders.
    Last edited by Nazmina; 2015-10-21 at 07:30 PM.

Why you don't get VP through actual F'ing raiding is beyond me.

pretty awesome system like this

I only wish Valor gives gear as well in Legion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Why you don't get VP through actual F'ing raiding is beyond me.
    I'm sure they'll add it, every raider is already complaining about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Doing the LFRs is totally not worth it considering it's an investment of atleast 4-8 hours to do all HFC, BRF and HM.
    5 Wings in HFC at 150 VP per = 750 VP
    4 Wings in BRF at 75 VP per = 300 VP
    3 Wings in HM at 75 VP per = 225 VP

Mythic Dungeons = 2400
    All LFR = 1275
    1st Heroic Dungeon Daily for a week = 700
    Bonus Weekly Quest (excluding Pet Battle)= 500

LFR does seem to be a decent chunk of valor (a bit more than half than Mythic Dungeons). I suppose if you formed a guild group or took your raid team it would be over quickly. Given the power difficulty of LFR (BRF and HM especially), you could probably breeze through it with a minimum number of players. Maybe 5~6 players well geared and experienced players could probably grind LFR fairly quickly.

Of the LFR wings, the only one that's still a crapfest is Archimonde.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure running full heroic would be as terrible as running lfr. A guild group should be able to run LFR in under 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I'm finding amusing how excited people are getting to having to grind stagnant or irrelevant content just to keep up on the ilvl.

Seriously.
    I'm excited because going to 745 will mean easier carries on alts etc. It's also going to act like a reset on WCL. I'm also pretty excited about the heroic mount because sales.

We'll also be able to sell mythic dungeon carries since this next patch incentivizes the hell out of running them.