Page 2 of 247 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I really don't understand how ignore pain works to be honest.

I like that you have your shield wall and your spell reflect to clearly deal with physical and magical but I have no clue what ignore pain does.

Defensive

Shield Block

10 Rage, Instant, 12 sec recharge, 2 charges
    Raise your shield, blocking every melee attack against you for 6 sec. These blocks can be critical blocks.
    Shield Slam deals 30% additional damage while Shield Block is active.
    They weren't kidding when they said Active Mitigation is too punishing on the player, a 50 rage cost reduction is massive, especially since you can increase its duration by about 4 seconds without procs.

Ignore Pain

40 Rage, Instant
    Fight through the pain, ignoring 90% of the next massive amount (based on maximum health) of damage you take.
    I'm honestly a bit surprised we're losing our only non-CD heal, but seeing as Warriors have always been about damage-prevention instead of healing, it looks alright.

Spell Reflection

Instant, 25 sec cooldown
    Raise your shield, reflecting spells cast on you and reducing magical damage taken by 30%. Lasts 5 sec or until a spell is reflected.
    This is HUGE, a lot of bosses don't cast spells on your directly, so it's basically a mini-shield wall for spells only, that's great.

Additionally, to give you an idea of how some talents may build upon this, here’s an example of one of their Protection-specific talents:
    Shield Discipline
    Passive
    Shield Slam extends the duration of Shield Block by 2 sec.
    Shield Block increases the damage of Shield Slam by an additional 30%.
    Pretty cool that you can extend Shield Block's duration, you'll be able to keep up Shield Block for a really, REALLY long time without procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    I really don't understand how ignore pain works to be honest.

I like that you have your shield wall and your spell reflect to clearly deal with physical and magical but I have no clue what ignore pain does.
    Next "Large" hit you take is reduced by 90%

Definition of "Large" is gonna scale with your max HP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post

So it would help if they put the scaling then? What is large anyway? 10? 15? 20?

Overall i'm quite pleased with these changes, seeing that spell reflect change made me really happy! The changes to rage generation feel a bit odd, but i don't think they'll have too much effect since they dropped the rage cost of sblock so heavily. Would love to get some better explanation on what "massive amount based on max health" actually means, but atm it seems like it'll only be useful against some extreme spikes.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was "up to 90%", so if you pop it when you're at low health, it'll reduce it by a full 90% but if you use it at high health, you'll get less out of it, like 20-30%. Even so, it seems a pretty overpowered ability since it has no cooldown and is only dependent on your rage.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    So it would help if they put the scaling then? What is large anyway? 10? 15? 20?
    Lyuben, the change for prot seems great, low cost shield block for melee, and spell reflect and ignore pain for big hits, and the new bear will come in 12 hours, I can't wait

Deleted
    Honestly if we can't figure out what the skill does from reading it, it needs to be changed or clarified.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seems to me like they are inadvertently enouraging warriors to go for as little HP as possible to ensure that they can use ignore pain as much as possible. Or we will go for as much HP as possible, keep shield block up and take as much damage as possible to generate more rage to spam heroic strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlane View Post
    Seems to me like they are inadvertently enouraging warriors to go for as little HP as possible to ensure that they can use ignore pain as much as possible. Or we will go for as much HP as possible, keep shield block up and take as much damage as possible to generate more rage to spam heroic strike.
    It only affects one attack and costs a huge amount of rage so I guess it's kind of intended for timing for those big magic breath attacks and boss telegraphed strikes and that sort of thing, rather than being spammed or anything like that.

Honestly if we can't figure out what the skill does from reading it, it needs to be changed or clarified.
    ... I had no problem figuring out what it does. It's the Kilrogg trinket.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense what it does they just haven't put in the actual values which makes it hard to determine how useful it is :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Yeah, like an Active version of it I guess.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    It only affects one attack and costs a huge amount of rage so I guess it's kind of intended for timing for those big magic breath attacks and boss telegraphed strikes and that sort of thing, rather than being spammed or anything like that.
    I understand the purpose of the ability, but without any details it seems to open up for scenarios where you want to avoid upgrading your items because you're at a tie breaker where you either take the full hit from the ability due to having too much health or you go with some items of lower quality to mitigate those hits.

Deleted

Not "large" hit. First of all, they said it's meant to be used for AoE tanking. It only working for a single hit makes no sense. From the wording it gives you 90% damage reduction from all damage until you have taken x amount of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Not "large" hit. First of all, they said it's meant to be used for AoE tanking. It only working for a single hit makes no sense. From the wording it gives you 90% damage reduction from all damage until you have taken x amount of damage.
    I hope this will be the case. In fact that got me thinking. What if

-> Ignore Pain reduces 90% of all damage taken up to your maximum HP (or multiples of your maximum HP)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Haven't seen anything about AOE tanking. That's in a different post?

If that's the case then I completely agree with the earlier post - it is pretty misleading and unclear. They need to give some actual details on that.

Don't really understand the logic in this if it works that way... they said they wanted the two AM abilities to not compete but if what you say is true this just makes one AM a weaker, cheaper version of the same thing... which isn't very interesting at all :/

- - - Updated - - -

Would be nice to know the duration too in that case. How long does it last if you don't take any damage while it's up?

The new changes seem ok, though the lose of Shield Barrier will hurt soloing capabilities and just regular out-in-the-world combat. I enjoyed greatly pulling the whole temple of Shanaar and just absorbing all damage through Shield Barrier, while spamming revenge for great numbers. Or being practically unkillable by any rare, even the elite group one like the new Highmaul ogres. Now we will have just block and whatever pathetic healing Blizzard will be gracious enough to provide through talents.
    But being able to survive stuff like Gruul's Inferno Strike easily with Ignore Pain is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    What the hell? It's nothing of the sort. It is basically monk's Dampen Harm but 90% instead of 50%, without a cd (so - OP) and on one next attack instead of 3.
    Last edited by Tirilka; 2015-11-11 at 02:11 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what happens with passive rage from crits and critical shieldblocks. or the base 1 rage per 3 second we had for so long.

All in all I am VERY pleased with this design. How Ignore Pain will work exactly will show how good it is as a substitute for barrier.

Also, did you guys notice, that it takes 1 style less to cast shieldblock now? If you had no luck with crits or proccs and couldn´t charge the boss, it at least took you 3 styles to generate 60 rage, whereas now it only takes a shieldslam + revenge. Awesome!
    Also, Revenge is now a cone attack instead of a cleave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    What the hell? It's nothing of the sort. It is basically monk's Dampen Harm but 90% instead of 50%, without a cd (so - OP) and on one next attack instead of 3.
    Prettya sure it is not. There are still some wording problems in the notes. SOmwhere was stated, that this is interesting in aoe situations - how would that be if it only worked on one attack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I hope Revenge gets a new animation to show that it's a cone-based cleave now instead of the same "Slam" downward strike animation which looks absolutely nothing like a cleave!

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I wonder what happens with passive rage from crits and critical shieldblocks. or the base 1 rage per 3 second we had for so long.

All in all I am VERY pleased with this design. How Ignore Pain will work exactly will show how good it is as a substitute for barrier.

Also, did you guys notice, that it takes 1 style less to cast shieldblock now? If you had no luck with crits or proccs and couldn´t charge the boss, it at least took you 3 styles to generate 60 rage, whereas now it only takes a shieldslam + revenge. Awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Prettya sure it is not. There are still some wording problems in the notes. SOmwhere was stated, that this is interesting in aoe situations - how would that be if it only worked on one attack?
    I agree. The "rage from taking damage" does not particularly bode well. It was tried out before with Guardian Druids and they ended up buffing rage generation through autoattacks and specials. I don't think it will completely stay, or it will be tuned down and active rage generation will be tuned up.

But yes, I am very pleased with this design as well. Spell Reflect reducing 30% magic damage taken plus Ignore Pain for set amount of absorb(assumed), and low Shield Block rage cost is very very nice.