Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legion - Artifact Weapon Previews, Karazhan, Tweets, DLC #515

PTR Patch 2.4 Build Highlight, Legacy of Nightmares Post-Nerf

Popular Decks of the Week, Dragon Priest has Evolved, November Ranked Season Ending Soon

Dreamhack Winter Concludes, Cho'Gall Builds Highlight, WTF Moments #26

Beta Test Weekend Stats, Lorewatch: Genji, Closed Beta vs. Beta Test Weekend Clarified

Legion - Artifact Weapon Previews
    A few more Artifact Weapon previews today, this time Balance Druid and Demon Hunters.

Legion - Karazhan Catacombs
    Legion updates Karazhan with a new catacombs area. The current version accessible in the world is much less decorated than the version used for the Artifact acquisition scenarios. As always, this is unfinished content from an Alpha version of the game and it is subject to change.

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    How do you feel about devs who don't communicate with the playerbase? You were always talking to people when you were working on WoW, no one else wants to though. Important questions go unanswered, they claim they're listening, but they need to communicate. Communication is incredibly important.
    I am pretty sympathetic to those devs actually.

It is really hard to communicate with players. Players can be cruel, sometimes intentionally, sometimes no, and you need excessively thick skin not to get worn down but it. It can take a lot of time, and players might feel abandoned if you only communicate in short bursts and then have to go tend to other things. Your bosses or coworkers might get ticked if your messaging was bad, because say you hinted about an upcoming feature too strongly or showed the company in a bad light.

There are solutions to these problems, but none are perfect. For example, you can have community managers collate feedback from the developers and present it second-hand. That tactic risks not feeling authentic, not portraying the devs as human, and has the usual "game of telephone" risks when communication gets handed from person to person.

Riot encourages, and nearly requires, Rioters to go out and talk to players. Even then a lot of people here are reluctant or scared to do so.

What do you think about having 1 designer with PR training on a development team whose sole job is to serve as an outbound line to the community so the information is firsthand from the team instead of risking a Chinese Whispers incident with the community managers?
    I definitely think that helps, and similarly, the most effective CMs I have worked with had a ton of game knowledge and design talent, which helped bridge the communication gap.

I view part of the design job to be communication, so I expect designers on my team to improve their communication skills, the same way they should improve their problem solving and analytical skills.

Dark Legacy Comics #515 - Gnome Hunter
    DLC #515 has been released.

Last edited by chaud; 2015-11-30 at 09:44 AM.

What a shitty comic.

Somebody wants to be a Gnome Hunter I see.

Deleted
    What are they doing to karazhan! Omg so hyped! Comic funny as hell xD

so many old textures and models used for the interior in Karazhan.... so stoked to see some re-use of these things

7+ Year Old Account
    The havoc weapons are so nice compared to the vengeance ones. :/

Vengeance artifacts are a mess, especially the last one (how does that even work? lol). Everything about Vengeance seems so half-arsed so far, even at Blizzcon it was just "so yeah that's Havoc (10-15 minutes) and as for Vengeance... well here's 2 skills but it's not done - talk later."
    Really dissapointing as 99% of people are going to go Havoc anyway (because dps), would be nice for something to make more people like myself interested in rolling DH tanks...

The Karazhan Catacombs looks like the area with all does dead people hanging from the ceiling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artemisthemp View Post
    The Karazhan Catacombs looks like the area with all does dead people hanging from the ceiling.
    Eeeer they are the same place?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
    Eeeer they are the same place?
    It's possible but, where did the Dead people go?

My grandma always told me they go to heaven.

Whoever is on the Demon Hunter art team, especially weapon design, can you please move to the rogue art team indefinitely after this tier. Thank you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killmory View Post
    so many old textures and models used for the interior in Karazhan.... so stoked to see some re-use of these things
    Well, it does look like some kind of vault for storing old things :P

kind of. it's missing other parts like the pit to the giant bone pile. catacombs not quite as creepy as the crypt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Whoever is on the Demon Hunter art team, especially weapon design, can you please move to the rogue art team indefinitely after this tier. Thank you
    Yeah, and while youre shuffling move the Deathknight Designers to the Warriors pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    What a shitty comic.
    What a shitty comment.

Anyway; a lot of nice artifact weapons! Will be interesting seeing how you get the different ones and what lore is behind them!
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

Sooooo..... great. How the hell am I supposed to pick between feral and boomkin now?

Soooo...vengeance don't even get glaives but ugly fist weapons instead? Why?!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adreth View Post
    Sooooo..... great. How the hell am I supposed to pick between feral and boomkin now?
    Why not play both?