Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weapons for warrior?

Hey

Which Weapons would you recommend for warrior? If mainly Leveling/soloing

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

greatsword and sword/axe is usually the way to go. plenty of movement and decent dmg

for leveling hammer rifle/longbow. Hammer has good damage coupled with a lot of stuns and rifle/longbow for that long range option.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey

Which Weapons would you recommend for warrior? If mainly Leveling/soloing
    Greatsword hands down.

Great mobility, great Damage and is good AoE and Solo.

Greatsword/Rifle. Very versatile set. Maybe keep a warhorn in your bag for times when you're gonna do a lot of running and need the speed boosts.

There is almost nothing in this game that can not overcome in combat by merely circle strafing while firing your rifle. Almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Greatsword/Rifle. Very versatile set.
    There is almost nothing in this game that can not overcome in combat by merely circle strafing while firing your rifle. Almost nothing.
    For the base game that is probably true. You'll be in trouble in the expansion playing that way though.

- - - Updated - - -

Greatsword/Rifle. Very versatile set.
    For the base game that is probably true. You'll be in trouble in the expansion playing that way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Did the dynamics of combat change in such a way that mobility does not allow one to avoid damage?

If not, than one can always 'play that way' barring gimmickry.

10+ Year Old Account
    with gs you'll rarely have any issues, you might want to use rifle or longbow as ranged, imo longbow is quite good considering the snare effect, and if you're going with heavy might stacking you can get tons of bleed dmg+burning on aoe for DS tagging.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Did the dynamics of combat change in such a way that mobility does not allow one to avoid damage?

If not, than one can always 'play that way' barring gimmickry.
    No the dynamics of combat did not change. However, the creature types and terrain did. I mean the pocket raptors alone would prevent you from playing like that

10+ Year Old Account
    For power: Greatsword + Longbow or Greatsword + Sword/Warhorn

For condi: Longbow + Sword/Torch

No the dynamics of combat did not change. However, the creature types and terrain did. I mean the pocket raptors alone would prevent you from playing like that
    They just dash at you though. You could swap to greatsword or hammer. But moving would still be better than soaking the damage, anyway.

As I said, "there is almost nothing in this game that can not overcome in combat by merely circle strafing while firing your rifle."

The raptor dash is gimmickry, btw.

The way combat occurs in Guild Wars 2 will always be as I said above unless the fundamental mechanics of collision are changed. Which I doubt will.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-12-20 at 05:09 PM.

well there must be a lot of gimmicks in the expansion then. I just don't see circle strafe rifle working in the expansion as an exclusive tactic. With how many mobs have a break bar and only a cripple on a 10 second recharge for the rifle, you won't survive very long (especially as you go into the tangled depths where there are enemies that can only be defeated by eliminating the break bar)
    Last edited by Valeron; 2015-12-20 at 05:46 PM.

well there must be a lot of gimmicks in the expansion then.
    There are. It is how Arena.net addressed their combat in the expansion and the latter LS chapters.

I think it is better with those "gimmicks" then although I get the sense that you disagree.

I think it is better with those "gimmicks" then although I get the sense that you disagree.
    I don't disagree. Introducing the gimmicks and conditional modifiers to combat enriched the combat. The base combat of circle strafing and pressing a button once every 6 seconds is not super interesting.

good. While I have some issues with the expansion, I think the modifications to the combat by use of those "gimmicks" is a definite positive.

Greatsword and Longbow, for most situations. For extra mobility if needed, use your banners (speed buff and charge). Never go full Melee on open world since have many situations that are really bad stay full time at melee range (Teragriffs for example...).

GS+Axe only in 100% melee only fights (Frozen Maw, for example). For exploration alone, avoiding combat - mats farm, jump puzzles - carry a Sword and a Warhorn too (GS+Sword&WH). For ranged only situations (Fire Elemental, MegaDestroyer), Longbow+Rifle.

Yet, if you don't want to carry a full armory in your inventory, GS+LBow combo is enough for leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldnt be concerned for mobility if you're running a solo warrior build, if solo berserker then you can always rely on the signet of adrenaline to be popped alongside gs3-gs5.

Axe/mace tends to be the ideal dps combo (open with skill4-5) with swapping to GS in the rotation for maximum burst dmg, you can swap to warhorn too just to keep the movespeed high.

- - - Updated - - -

You shouldnt be concerned for mobility if you're running a solo warrior build, if solo berserker then you can always rely on the signet of adrenaline to be popped alongside gs3-gs5.

Axe/mace tends to be the ideal dps combo (open with skill4-5) with swapping to GS in the rotation for maximum burst dmg, you can swap to warhorn too just to keep the movespeed high.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Highest dps for warrior, and third best dps in the game is the condition berserker.
    Here is a link to the build.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Ber...imum_Condition

For leveling and soloing, greatsword/rifle is easiest imo. Not to say the other weapons aren't easy too, but GS especially has just always been at mindless mob plowing status