Quote Originally Posted by Morphy View Post
    More likely its still NOT happening, as far as producing any kind of game goes.
    I think he meant more the continual self-promotion/drama on the part of the GM people.

Game Development:
    – I continued work toward getting our testers into the game by the end of the month. My list of todos before then is shrinking.
    – I was invited to beta test a Plugin called LandRush which will add a huge amount of features to Greed Monger.
    I am starting to integrate my custom code into LandRush and adding content for our first test.
    – Worked on the Skill system and added over 20 new skills to the game. The Skill system now needs to be integrated into LandRush.
    Coming soon to the Unity asset store: LandRunner, a custom-coded plugin for use with Proctor's custom-coded MMO and networking framework that isn't at all related to Atavism.

Deleted
    Look at the facebook page, it's cringe worthy.

https://www.facebook.com/greedmongermmo/?fref=ts

Look at the damn graphics It's absolutely terrible, still amazes me how he can continue to 'work' on it and be proud of what he's done or how it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Look at the facebook page, it's cringe worthy.

https://www.facebook.com/greedmongermmo/?fref=ts

Look at the damn graphics It's absolutely terrible, still amazes me how he can continue to 'work' on it and be proud of what he's done or how it looks like.
    Hey don't judge him! His whole world lights up if like 2 or 3 people post on his FB and give him words of praise or ask him to keep working on it. That is all that attention whore seeks. He does not have the skills to make anything of substance so he just dances around with basic things until he has to shelve the project and move to another one.

On a lighter note holy shit that stuff looks terrible on the FB page. He seems really proud to show that off too...which is just tragic.

Can someone sum up the last 100 pages? Lost track of the whole thing. What is greedmonger?

Greedmonger was another Kickstarter MMO project someone came up with, that was predicated on big promises by people who had no real game design experience and thought getting money would let them just buy whatever they needed to make an MMO. What drew people in, of course, was greed: The Kickstarter promised backers land in-game which the developers claimed you would be able to trade for RL cash to other players.

It raised a fair amount of money, 100k IIRC, and it wallowed around in lack of progress, showed some awkward tech demos that used default assets or things bought from Unity stores and the like, even some assets ripped from WoW, and finally foundered completely. Then it changed hands, was 'brought back' to a shitstorm of drama from backers who had basically been cheated out of their money, while the new lead tried to reboot interest, made a giant ass out of himself and vanished.

He popped back up several months ago claiming to be working on a new game project, was flamed hard and vanished again. Now he's returned and claims he's back to developing Greedmonger. There's more to it than that, but it's a start.

ALSO: ToA scrapped their MMO development, scaled back the project to a hosted-server multiplayer game calling itself ToA: Exile which they claim will help fund the 'eventual' MMO, and have been flopping around making 'progress' on ever since.

Check this post out

I like the concept. Sounds good.

Is there some way I can get involved at a corporate level? I think there is a lot of money to be made in these types of games that are cutting edge in concept built by small teams. Obviously I'd need to see more than I found on the net, but I like what I see.

Are you interested in selling shares?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this thread was slowing down, so he did what a proper attention seeker would do and threw another log on the fire by putting GM back in the limelight. For some people any attention - even bad - is better than no attention at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NotADevAlt View Post
    That post is years too late. As if investors don't practice due diligence and are unaware of screwed backers.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yeah, that shit sounds legit! That’s totally how people conduct business these days, they just register an account in their public forums and throw it to the table like that <3
    Yeah, days after the restart someone tries to throw money over a forum. How many shares would he buy? $100k couldn't accomplish anything and couldn't even send out t-shirts.

Deleted
    He keeps talking about 'we'. Is this some Gollum/Smeagol shit we're dealing with?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Did Lumpy jump ship?
    The bigger question are the people who came on board after GM was cancelled. Dark Penquin and the people defending him on Unity. You know, the people who were trying to convince him to ´make a small game´...who were sending me messages telling me to lay off and just give him a fair chance.

Basically what he did was exactly what I said he did. He downloaded one pack from the Unity store, took a few screenshots and then never worked on the game again. What happened to the people who were retexturing it?

I wonder if Dark Penguin is going to be the community manager of GreedMonger like he was the community manager of City Life, without actually knowing he was..

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    He keeps talking about 'we'. Is this some Gollum/Smeagol shit we're dealing with?
    Don't forget his life coach/cheering section/whatever that totally supports him. Right alongside Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

You mean, people like Teila? Who are not part of the team, nor bias, nor trying to defend him, yet keep making posts towards everyone "attacking" him, and happens to be part of his "skype contacts" and his "discussion group" o.o;

@ http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/pro...y-life.355776/
    Heh it does not matter too much. He can have people defending him like Teila (btw they removed their posts in that thread, but you can still see some of them quoted) but that small vocal minority won't do much. I love how he announces a game, posts a bit in the Unity forum then *poof* nothing since like September. Guess he gave up on CityLife to move back to GreedMonger until he abandons GM to make some other new game that never gets past the assets stage.

Wanna know something funny? The posts were still there yesterday, before I sent her a PM teasing her about it xD
    You know what... Your obsession with me really can't be healthy. You should really go see someone about that. Also anyone who really thinks I created fake accounts on my forum to talk to my self should really seek help as well. I'm NOT like that. I have no idea who the guy is but I've turned him down and I'm now just ignoring him. I WILL NOT take any money in relation to GM until I have a game ready to launch. I've already turned down a couple people who wanted to buy in now who was unable to back during our KS Campaign. So you know what... Leave me alone and then IF I ever attempt to take money for GM before I launch or IF I attempt to get any money from KS before having a Launched product then attack all you want. But as long as I'm not asking for money I'm doing no one any harm. That's all I have to say but of course you guys will do whatever you want and there isn't much I can do about that... I'll choose the high ground and not get into a debate with you guys. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOIJamesPro View Post
    You know what... Your obsession with me really can't be healthy. You should really go see someone about that. Also anyone who really thinks I created fake accounts on my forum to talk to my self should really seek help as well. I'm NOT like that. I have no idea who the guy is but I've turned him down and I'm now just ignoring him. I WILL NOT take any money in relation to GM until I have a game ready to launch. I've already turned down a couple people who wanted to buy in now who was unable to back during our KS Campaign. So you know what... Leave me alone and then IF I ever attempt to take money for GM before I launch or IF I attempt to get any money from KS before having a Launched product then attack all you want. But as long as I'm not asking for money I'm doing no one any harm. That's all I have to say but of course you guys will do whatever you want and there isn't much I can do about that... I'll choose the high ground and not get into a debate with you guys. Have a nice day.
    I don't think you should criticize about obsessions. There's a difference of opinions about what harm can be. You may not be taking additional money at the moment but you've taken some of that $100k in payments from Jason as well as the computer and other assets and work it paid for. You took over everything and its responsibilities then quit without following through (eg. t-shirts). You have tried to solicit more money with Lumpy and showed it on youtube. You spoke of mmoi as if it existed but it wasn't registered. Yes, there's plenty to talk about without you pursuing further funding.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2016-01-12 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOIJamesPro View Post
    I'll choose the high ground and not get into a debate with you guys. Have a nice day.
    I love that he goes out of his way to tell us this instead of just...ignoring it like a normal person would. But that's par for the course, spend all your time talking about the game and yourself instead of actually making it. How's CityLife and that zombie game coming along? You wanna shut us up, you produce something that's not just a bunch of budged-up screenshots, something people can play. Until then, you remain what I have said from the start: a wannabe.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I love that he goes out of his way to tell us this instead of just...ignoring it like a normal person would. But that's par for the course, spend all your time talking about the game and yourself instead of actually making it. How's CityLife and that zombie game coming along? You wanna shut us up, you produce something that's not just a bunch of budged-up screenshots, something people can play. Until then, you remain what I have said from the start: a wannabe.
    Wasn't he doing some knights/heroes related thing too?