Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Colonization has pretty much always gone hand in hand with sustained invasions. Categorizing it as immigration is inaccurate. Its not like the colonists were coming to North America to join tribes.
    So they all came over to kill indians, not try to restart life?

Deleted
    Colonization has pretty much always gone hand in hand with sustained invasions. Categorizing it as immigration is inaccurate. Its not like the colonists were coming to North America to join tribes.
    If you're not wanting to call it immigration, then the immigrants who come to the european countries and don't integrate, are trying to colonize the countries as well, becuase they're not trying to join the natives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    The sad truth is that these asylum seekers will bring a culture that will destroy this humanity you see shining.
    Yeah before ze germans get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So they all came over to kill indians, not try to restart life?
    Can do both! Point was that immigrants are notably different than colonists and the presence of colonists is often a sign of invasion, not a sign of its absence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blomster View Post
    If you're not wanting to call it immigration, then the immigrants who come to the european countries and don't integrate, are trying to colonize the countries as well, becuase they're not trying to join the natives.
    You're quibbling over matters of degree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Countries that basically funneled there poor people, criminals, and sick people to the U.S. As well as persecuted groups who had to flee.

The U.S also imported a lot of people.
    No you dont get it Genn. Back in 1900 we european were completely different.
    We treated women right and lived in a civil way

- - - Updated - - -

Come on lilla dont you think thats a bit too much? Colonization?

Deleted
    You're quibbling over matters of degree.
    Degree is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Plus, it just comes across as ethnocentric racism; "Oh, you're not as technologically and educationally advanced as WE are, on average, so your people must just be a worse type of person, inherently, oh ho ho ho."
    It's more about being morally and humanely advanced, you know. Nobody cares that they don't have the same technology, they care about the fact they view women as property, among other, even less attractive things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Come on lilla dont you think thats a bit too much? Colonization?
    From the people who refuse to integrate or assimilate? No. They're acting like invaders rather than people who want to join the society.

Degree is irrelevant.
    I agree. Hence they're immigrants.

Deleted
    I agree. Hence they're immigrants.
    But you just said you can't categorize people coming to america as immigrants, as they were colonists when they had no intention to join the natives. Make up your mind. Either it's just immigration or both are colonists when they refuse to join the natives.

From the people who refuse to integrate or assimilate? No. They're acting like invaders rather than people who want to join the society.
    You shouldn't quibble over vocabulary of a secondary language. They're not setting up colonies, they're not colonists. They're not invaders as they're not waging any kind of war. This notion that unless integration goes flawlessly they aren't immigrants is frankly a childish of human nature.

Deleted
    This is nonsense lilla. Invaders... come on for the love of god.

But you just said you can't categorize people coming to america as immigrants.
    No, I said you can't categorize the original European colonists in NA as immigrants. Because they set up colonies and to no degree (with a scant handful of exceptions) attempted to join native society.

Deleted
    They're not invaders as they're not waging any kind of war.
    Yet there's groups who proclaim themselves to be waging war against Swedes in Malmö, with crime targetted against only Swedes. Sure, they don't have access to heavy weapons, if they did it would probably be worse than it is now with those groups.

Yet there's groups who proclaim themselves to be waging war against Swedes in Malmö, with crime targetted against only Swedes.
    And they can be dealt with as the law applies. You're well aware they're not representative of the immigrants as a whole. Or not, whatever. Talking immigration with you is boring.

Deleted
    This is nonsense lilla. Invaders... come on for the love of god.
    Then they should stop acting like invaders.

- - - Updated - - -

And they can be dealt with as the law applies. You're well aware they're not representative of the immigrants as a whole. Or not, whatever. Talking immigration with you is boring.
    At no point did I talk about immigrants as a whole, I was talking about those who refuse to join in in the society building.

Deleted
    Then they should stop acting like invaders.
    Lilla, seriously... Stop reading breitbart or similar. You're not thinking straight. That shit affects the way you think. And that is sad to see.

At no point did I talk about immigrants as a whole, I was talking about those who refuse to join in in the society building.
    Then bully for them. As long as they're following the law they can do whatever they like. Those that don't can be dealt with by the justice system. I see no point in compelling integration. If you can't make your society sufficiently enticing to integrate willingly, then perhaps its not so superior.

Lilla, seriously... Stop reading breitbart or similar. You're not thinking straight. That shit affects the way you think. And that is sad to see.
    You're right; people should only read unbiased sources, like the Guardian or BBC

The naivety here is frankly staggering.

Deleted
    I'm not reading breitbart. I'm basing it on the recent happenings in Sweden, Finland and Germany and so on.

I guess this is breitbart stuff:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftonbladet
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svenska_Dagbladet
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagens_Nyheter
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yle
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hufvudstadsbladet
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV3
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sveriges_Television
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-01-22 at 08:07 AM.