10+ Year Old Account

Artifact Weapon Confusion

This question's prob already been addressed before but I can't find an answer.

For the artifacts that are 1 handers/shields, is the additional offhand or 1H weapon slot automatically filled with something when the artifact is equipped? For example Protection Warrior shields, is the sword a package deal with that shield or do they have to obtain a different sword?

It depends:

There is only 1 Resto Shaman Shield, and the variable Artifact is the 1H Mace.
    Only 1 Prot Warrior Sword, Variable Artifact is the Shield.

But:

Fire Mage has a variable 1H Sword and Off-Hand.
    So does Shadow Priest.

But:

Holy Paladin only has a variable 1H Mace.

Artifacts take up both slots - they are a complete, single button equip set. Shoc is referring to the different skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteezy View Post
    Artifacts take up both slots - they are a complete, single button equip set. Shoc is referring to the different skins.
    Right. Sorry, I misread the OP. Yeah when you pick up your artifact you get both of them at the same time.

15+ Year Old Account
    What happens to the artifact when you switch specs? Can you still equip it, does it go to your bag? Does it change to the artifact of the other newly activated spec. (if obtained)

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    What happens to the artifact when you switch specs? Can you still equip it, does it go to your bag? Does it change to the artifact of the other newly activated spec. (if obtained)
    they are spec specific. from what i have seen you cant equip it in another spec. I dont think you can obtain a second artifact in the beta at this time so i cant answer your last question.

Most likely similar to how weapons you cant equip in another spec work now on live, turn red and unuseable.

Example, if you are a Fury Warrior and using 2 2H weapons, if you switch to Arms spec while they are equipped they get a red border on your character sheet and act as if you have nothing equipped until you put them in your bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gorkos View Post
    they are spec specific. from what i have seen you cant equip it in another spec. I dont think you can obtain a second artifact in the beta at this time so i cant answer your last question.
    Yeah and I'm pretty sure they've confirmed they're gonna implement some kind of catchup mechanism so you can progress artifacts across multiple specs but they really do want people picking 1 spec and sticking with it expansion long--though that's kind of an unrealistic expectation and places a lot of pressure on their balancing efforts. Especially with the Holy/Discipline Priest conundrum where one is always outperforming another in PvE.

7+ Year Old Account
    In alpha, when you change spec, Artifacts are still equiped... but are red and they dont count, like there was nothing equipped.
    But now we dont have 2 artifacts, because we can have the second and 3rd Artifact quest only at level 110. So, that is what happen chancing spec with a main spec with artifact and a second spec with no artifact.

Btw, an Artifact, made by 2 pieces, use only one slot in a bag.

Just to be clear, you can change spec during leveling, and that have a cost - (for now is 100g but is a placeholder) but, you must use an old wod weapn or a dropped new weapon. Actually is possible to find some weapons in some treasure chest, but are all Place holder too.
    But because same quest rewards with Artifact point, you must use your main spec when you take the reward for a quest, so you dont waste AP.
    Last edited by Tartys; 2016-02-08 at 11:50 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

confusion hyyyype

Infracted: Spam in multiple threads [MoanaLisa]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-02-10 at 03:38 AM.