Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Havoc Demon Hunter Overview

Hi, I'm Wordup, I produce a lot of documents for Enhancement & had a good response from the Legion Overview document I did to keep people up to date with the changes over the course of the Alpha. Due to that (and the sheer time I've spent just playing Havoc) I decided to convert the format a bit and have a consolidated place for all the Demon Hunter updates as the Alpha/Beta continued with information on the spec & how it plays from my perspective, which I've linked below for anyone interested

Legion Havoc Demon Hunter Overview
    Last edited by wordup; 2016-03-18 at 03:17 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A note on the change to First Blood: in the previous build it read as an additional 1000% weapon damage to the first target struck. Now it reads as dealing 200% additional damage (no mention of weapon damage on the tooltip for it now on WoWhead at least). Seems to imply that First Blood actually triples Blade Dance's damage if I'm reading that correctly, right?

That aside, I liked what you did here, was a good read, well done good sir
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    A note on the change to First Blood: in the previous build it read as an additional 1000% weapon damage to the first target struck. Now it reads as dealing 200% additional damage (no mention of weapon damage on the tooltip for it now on WoWhead at least). Seems to imply that First Blood actually triples Blade Dance's damage if I'm reading that correctly, right?

That aside, I liked what you did here, was a good read, well done good sir
    Good point, actual testing agrees with it too, should have probably done a once-over when I updated the notes, good catch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Good point, actual testing agrees with it too, should have probably done a once-over when I updated the notes, good catch
    Ain't no thing, we non testers appreciate the information you bring us

Deleted
    Do we know if Felblade can be reset by Demon Blades since they are an "upgraded" version of Demon's Bite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhinaz View Post
    Do we know if Felblade can be reset by Demon Blades since they are an "upgraded" version of Demon's Bite?
    They can according to some testers. Seems to be the talent you want to go for with Demon Blades

Deleted
    They can according to some testers. Seems to be the talent you want to go for with Demon Blades
    Sounds cool! Might be possible to make a more cooldown-driven rotation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhinaz View Post
    Sounds cool! Might be possible to make a more cooldown-driven rotation
    Most certainly a non-GCD capped spec for sure, without being too boring because of the buffs to Felblade's fury generation basically giving you a Chaos Strike whenever it's off CD

This has been updated to reflect changes from yesterday's build & more stuff on newly accessible 110 features.

Deleted
    Great read wordup. I feel like its kinda unfortunate that Demon Reborn doesn't work with the Meta given by Demonic but if that was the case it was probably a bit too OP, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagashi View Post
    Great read wordup. I feel like its kinda unfortunate that Demon Reborn doesn't work with the Meta given by Demonic but if that was the case it was probably a bit too OP, no?
    It very likely would be, since i guess it was bugged to work exactly as such and dudes were saying they could essentially keep Meta up full time.

Someone dubbed it as "Face Lazer Mode". Pretty sure it's been fixed by now, lol.

It very likely would be, since i guess it was bugged to work exactly as such and dudes were saying they could essentially keep Meta up full time.

Someone dubbed it as "Face Lazer Mode". Pretty sure it's been fixed by now, lol.
    Anguish stacks for days :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pharix View Post
    Anguish stacks for days :P
    Someone said it stacked up to 30, which is pretty crazy in its own right, lol

Updated the doc with the new changes that happened today here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagashi View Post
    In situations where it was allowed to work with Demonic it was resulting in crazy things like 3 mins of Meta, so it's fair that stopped happening :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated the doc with the new changes that happened today here.

- - - Updated - - -

In situations where it was allowed to work with Demonic it was resulting in crazy things like 3 mins of Meta, so it's fair that stopped happening :P
    You're a fuckin doll for keeping this updated Wordup. Keep up the good work sir, your efforts are incredibly appreciated <3

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed Prepared isn't under fury generators; oversight? Or am I blind D:

I noticed Prepared isn't under fury generators; oversight? Or am I blind D:
    Oversight, and duly updated :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Oversight, and duly updated :P
    Woo! I helped with the thing!

Other than that, still awesome. Knowing there's a 20 second ICD on Demonic Appetite means someone could probably make a WA to track said ICD to better make use of the talent. Do you know yet if Inner Demons has an ICD too?

Woo! I helped with the thing!

Other than that, still awesome. Knowing there's a 20 second ICD on Demonic Appetite means someone could probably make a WA to track said ICD to better make use of the talent. Do you know yet if Inner Demons has an ICD too?
    Inner Demons is definitely RPPM atm (you can have back to back procs vs. full minutes of nothing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Inner Demons is definitely RPPM atm (you can have back to back procs vs. full minutes of nothing).
    I thought I saw something on an artifact talent calculator that showed it had 0.85 PPM. That what that means then?

Good to know stuff!

Knowing there's a 20 second ICD on Demonic Appetite means someone could probably make a WA to track said ICD
    Yes, yes you could. And maybe.....maybe I have been working on it.