Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Nice picture. Too bad the people were 3 feet away from you...which, by standard urinal measurement, would give them what we like to refer to as "the buffer zone"
    Also, they weren't taking a piss next to you...they were having a conversation that had nothing to fucking do with you. Seems to me you're trying to violate their personal space by eavesdropping on a private conversation and then getting pissed because you could only make out a few words.
    Three feet is still bad. 5-6 ft is a buffer zone.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Making them learn English and ditch Spanish is quite the opposite more like opens them up to more freedoms.
    "Making them" is the exact opposite of freedom. Also, you don't know that they don't speak english. All you know is that they were talking to each other in Spanish.

- - - Updated - - -

Three feet is still bad. 5-6 ft is a buffer zone.
    There's nothing wrong with someone getting within 3 feet of you if you're both in a grocery store buying meat. Trying to compare to people buying meat in a grocery store to a guy creeping on you when you take a piss is ridiculous. They are very different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    The authors of the Document spoke English, and they were an English Colony at the time. They could have written it in Latin, French, or German, but it would have been a harder sell since the Majority of Americans spoke 2 Languages back then. English and one other, usually Latin, sometime German, sometimes French.

Also Puerto Ricans need to become something, because right now they are the only American Citizens in the Universe not allowed to vote in a Presidential Election. As in if I was to move their I wouldn't be allowed to vote for a President. The problem is the rich and educated in Puerto Rico want Statehood, and the less educated want either independence, or no change in status. As such they have been at a stalemate on this issue for over 30 years.
    That will not be an issue much longer, all the rich and educated are leaving Puerto Rico in droves.

You want them to speak English so you can ease drop on their conversation that has nothing to do with you? Seems a bit stupid if you ask me, they can speak what ever they want to to one another in a private conversation, if they start asking you questions in another language than English then you can get upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice picture. Too bad the people were 3 feet away from you...which, by standard urinal measurement, would give them what we like to refer to as "the buffer zone"
    Also, they weren't taking a piss next to you...they were having a conversation that had nothing to fucking do with you. Seems to me you're trying to violate their personal space by eavesdropping on a private conversation and then getting pissed because you could only make out a few words.
    It does if they're right to me. I will ask them if they're talking and if they're not then don't talk behind my back in Spanish it is cowardly. Funny how of all place to talk to each other in Spanish that they do it right next to me and my wife as of we want to hear it. I've called out peole on it and will so in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

"Making them" is the exact opposite of freedom. Also, you don't know that they don't speak english. All you know is that they were talking to each other in Spanish.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing wrong with someone getting within 3 feet of you if you're both in a grocery store buying meat. Trying to compare to people buying meat in a grocery store to a guy creeping on you when you take a piss is ridiculous. They are very different things.
    No they're not its very much the same thing.

It does if they're right to me. I will ask them if they're talking and if they're not then don't talk behind my back in Spanish it is cowardly. Funny how of all place to talk to each other in Spanish that they do it right next to me and my wife as of we want to hear it. I've called out peole on it and will so in the future.
    Hilarious Marvelous narcissistic personality disorder case
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-03-18 at 05:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will ask them if they're talking and if they're not then don't talk behind my back in Spanish it is cowardly.
    Will it make you feel better if they talk behind your back in English instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

They aren't "talking behind your back". You had nothing at all to do with the conversation. You said yourself you understood enough of what they were saying to determine they were talking about meat prices.

The government shouldn't start stripping people of their rights just because of your delusional paranoia that people that speak in other languages are "out to get you"

But it bothers me. English is our language, and it should be spoken in all public places. Is it wrong of me to want to not have to listen to garbage when I'm grocery shopping?
    You don't have to listen to someone else's conversation.

I'm not sure you're really grasping this "freedom" concept very well. People can stand wherever they want, and people can also say whatever they want, in whatever language they choose, ergo people can stand next to you speaking in Spanish and it's not a problem. It's not like they're pushing you out of the way and shouting in your face, and yeah, maybe they were saying something offensive about you, but how would you even know that if you can't understand them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Let me ask you something, OP. What is wrong with speaking a foreign language in public spaces? Just explain this one to me: how objectively is worse the country off when the two guys you've met in a mall spoke Spanish, than if they had spoken English in your presence? I'm curious.
    Whats wrong with speaking a foreign language in public spaces? Nonthing. Doing it in your personal space. Alot. It's suspicious and you don't know what they're saying to you and don't know what their intentions are. So speaking Spanish would be worse. Wouldn't give a fuck at all what they said in English since I understand what they're saying. It's as simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avlivar View Post
    You don't have to listen to someone else's conversation.
    If it's right up your personal space. You do.

Da fuck? Why do you care? They didn't speak to you did they? You are so easily bothered.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-03-18 at 06:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    I'm not sure you're really grasping this "freedom" concept very well. People can stand wherever they want, and people can also say whatever they want, in whatever language they choose, ergo people can stand next to you speaking in Spanish and it's not a problem. It's not like they're pushing you out of the way and shouting in your face, and yeah, maybe they were saying something offensive about you, but how would you even know that if you can't understand them?
    You don't stand next to someone and speak In Spanish in an uncrowded area. Thats not a freedom concept.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Da fuck? Why do you care? They didn't speak to you did they?
    Cause it's I'm my personal space. Simple as that. Doesn't matter if they're talking to me or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats wrong with speaking a foreign language in public spaces? Nonthing. Doing it in your personal space. Alot. It's suspicious and you don't know what they're saying to you and don't know what their intentions are. So speaking Spanish would be worse. Wouldn't give a fuck at all what they said in English since I understand what they're saying. It's as simple as that.
    You've gotta be kidding me... You seriously think that, if they are plotting something against you, they will be discussing it out loud, in either English or Spanish? Especially when most Americans more or less can understand Spanish?

Sorry, but your argument isn't making any sense. And even if it was, you don't get to ban languages just because some people can use them with vile intent - just like you don't get to ban kitchen knives for the same reason.

You claim to follow American values, but I think you would fit better somewhere in North Korea, with such views.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It bothers you enough to make a thread about it but not enough to confront them about it?

I smell a coward.

Also, people can converse in whatever language they choose. Maybe they don't want every nosey fuck face listening in on their conversation.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't stand next to someone and speak In Spanish in an uncrowded area. Thats not a freedom concept.
    It is a freedom thing. In America, they have the freedom to stand anywhere they like and speak any language they like.

What is in your control, is that you could have walked away from them so you didn't have to hear their suspicious Spanish conspiring.

You also have the option to remove that tinfoil hat.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You claim to follow American values, but I think you would fit better somewhere in North Korea, with such views.
    Nah, just have to wait for Trump to "make America great again".

Deleted
    This is it, I'm making this my new signature.

Cause it's I'm my personal space. Simple as that. Doesn't matter if they're talking to me or not.
    You would have to define "personal space". What's the range?

How ironic. I think you made the right call I certainly would not want to be around someone that dumb.
    As pointed out already, USA has no official language. Individual states, however, can have their official languages designated by the language most widely spoken. LA's official language (most widely spoken) is Spanish.

That said, in your bubble, the world that seems to exist within your personal space, English is the go to language. In that psychotic lady's world, the one Dreyen mentioned, the go to language is Spanish. She expects others to speak Spanish in her world, as you would expect English in yours. I mean you no offense, but if you think she is dumb, how can you not see that you are also dumb?
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.