Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just completed my first 12-win Arena run! I spread it out over 3 days. Went 5-0 the first day, 5-0 the second day, and finished 2-1 just now. What a thrill having 2 shots at 12 wins and winning on the first try! This Arena run has been the best Hearthstone experience I've ever had.

A Mage at 9-0 had Reno and used it against me for 23 hp late in the game. I ended up going into fatigue and just barely won on literally my last possible turn (Next fatigue tick was 6). He had a secret and 2 minions on board. If I cleared, there was no way to win as you can see. He had a secret (bluffing Ice Block) but I had to go for it anyway. What an ending!

It was a well-curved control Warlock. I had to go through 2 Hunters, 1 Druid, 2 Pallies, 1 Priest, 3 straight Golden Jainas, and a Medivh (Got to 10-0 at this point), lost to a lucky Warlock with nearly my identical deck, then beat a Priest, and finally another Golden Jaina for 12 wins.

How does my deck rank as far as 12 wins go? Did I overachieve with it or is that about par for a 12 win deck?
    Last edited by TheWorkingTitle; 2016-03-04 at 08:21 PM.

Probably not a 12 win deck but you did it. Only had one small board clear so that had to hurt. But I mean if luck is on your side and you curve out perfectly every game, You can take any deck to 12. Curve is huge in arena. The OP classes don't necessarily need to curve good to win due to their high powered cards.

You did have some powerful cards though if you got voidcaller to work. Imp gang is great and so is implosion if you can combo that with dark iron. Stormwind is amazing. Pit fighter is good and so is argent horserider so yeah, I suppose that is a pretty good 12 win deck. I didn't see the double peddler and doggie too. Yeah pretty good deck!

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    Probably not a 12 win deck but you did it. Only had one small board clear so that had to hurt. But I mean if luck is on your side and you curve out perfectly every game, You can take any deck to 12. Curve is huge in arena. The OP classes don't necessarily need to curve good to win due to their high powered cards.

You did have some powerful cards though if you got voidcaller to work. Imp gang is great and so is implosion if you can combo that with dark iron. Stormwind is amazing. Pit fighter is good and so is argent horserider so yeah, I suppose that is a pretty good 12 win deck. I didn't see the double peddler and doggie too. Yeah pretty good deck!
    Yeah the Demonwrath wasn't the best, but I managed to make use it of with Ancient Mage in 2 separate occasions (3 mana Flamestrike!). Voidcaller pulled out an Imp Gang once or twice which was nice, but I think it acted even better as a silence/focus target decoy. Imp Gang/Implosion, and Silver Hand Knight worked incredibly with Stormwind Champion and Frostwolf Warlord. I had a 7/7 or better Frostwolf Warlord every single game. The MVP of the entire run was Blood Imp though. I had him out turn 1 4+ times, usually into Dire Wolf who then subsequently survived, into a turn 3 Imp Gang. Sometimes the stars just align .

15+ Year Old Account
    Had a commanding win as a Raptor Rogue vs a Reno Lock, managing to get a Raptor on both my Stalagg for double-Thaddius (taken care of by BGH and Siphon) as well as a Raptor on Anub'arak which sealed the game. He added me right after conceding.

I expected salt, naturally. I added a prepared my standard "u mad" reply

But no! This guy added me to say "killer deck man! GG!"

And that was just really nice.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Spent my new raise on 40 GvG packs and got 4 Legendaries. Then I watched a friend win a match to get a pack from the quest and git a Legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I recently crafted Lorewalker Cho so I could make a deck similar to the one wowhobbs is currently using.

It's not super effective but it is funny as FUCK.
    Lorewalker Cho was so fun and trollful back before any expansions were released. We need a corrupted Cho

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thenconfucioussaid View Post
    Lorewalker Cho was so fun and trollful back before any expansions were released. We need a corrupted Cho
    I just started playing again after a couple of months being idle. I have been contemplating what legendary to craft but I spent most of my dust before I stopped playing.

So my first game I played after starting back was a tavern brawl which I won. In my pack was a Ragnaros (which I already have) and a Golden Ysera (I have the regular version already).

So basically I got 2000 "Welcome back to HS" dust. One of the few lucky things to happen to me.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've saved up 6500 gold for the first time in ever to use on packs when Old Gods releases. I will finally know what it is like to be F2P. Hopefully with the lower number of total cards and the large amount of free packs I can buy, I will be able to make a variety of Standard decks. I'll likely have at least 7k by the time it launches and I don't think I've ever had even 3k before at one time.

Feels good to hoard all the gold.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Bullying rank 21 kids for my rank 20 card back with fatigue Warrior.

Up against a this weird Snipe/Timber Wolf/Spellbreaker/Taz'dingo running Hunter, my start is nothing special but it's enough to put down his menagerie of madness.

Soon enough, all we're doing is trading hero powers as I remove every card he plays, but this guy refuses to concede. Even when my board consists of Brann, Ysera, Juggernaut and Paletress which I refuse to attack with because half of his deck is comprised of mines and I want to see his draw them, he still stays in the game until the bitter end.

It felt really nice considering I don't think I've ever won a game with that deck without having the opponent concede.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

7+ Year Old Account
    Made new arena record, 9-3, defeating 5 mages and 3 paladins on the way. That done with deck that lacked any kind of AoE and only had 4 spells total (BoW, BoK, Muster and Hammer).
    And Golden epic (Astral communion) in the reward pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I've saved up 6500 gold for the first time in ever to use on packs when Old Gods releases. I will finally know what it is like to be F2P. Hopefully with the lower number of total cards and the large amount of free packs I can buy, I will be able to make a variety of Standard decks. I'll likely have at least 7k by the time it launches and I don't think I've ever had even 3k before at one time.

I've only managed to get up to like, 2250 gold right now, but I started saving like a week before the actual announcement I think, and spent probably still around 300 gold here and there since.

I splurged and pre-ordered WotOG packs because well, I'm not buying many games going forward right now, so I should have around 80 packs at least by the time it hits, with 3350 dust for any legendaries I want to craft.

Also bought a few packs tonight and got a Golden Gruul, so there's either 1600 more dust, or 400 if BGH is nerfed enough to warrant Gruul being decent and then I'd dust the regular Gruul I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I made a really stupid Reno Rogue deck and managed to win with it a few times.

Granted, I'm still at a low rank because I've been playing more Destiny while waiting for WotOG to launch, but still.

For some reason, what makes me happy lately is playing mage against warrior and 99.9% of the time you know they have FWA in their opening hand. I'll play something cheap and expandable to make him use it once then drop a duplicate, Firewaker, thank him about 5 times after he kills it and gives me 2 more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing my thief priest deck against an anyfin pally. I'm trying to avoid playing anything with more than 3 attack so he can't just ram old murkeye into it and die...and sure enough he drops it naked. Entomb. I thought steal anyfin and I'm just counting damage at that point. I have 24 health, he has an empty board and 1 swing of truesilver. He anyfins, gets his 2 bluegills and 2 warleaders and brings me down to 8. I bet he thinks he has this bagged up since he's down to just a few cards left he probably has his 2nd in hand. I throw anyfin and slam his face for lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

I'm in the same situation, started saving gold because there was nothing I really wanted, and ended up with 5.1k right now. So I'm skipping out on handing any money to Blizz this time around.

Also, with the new nerfs I was lucky enough to sit on 2 normal and 1 golden FoN and Molten Giant, so that's 4800 dust straight into my pocket. Along with some saved up dust and some more disenchants of normal/golden nerf cards I now have 12500 dust saved up and ready to go. And ON TOP of that, they just made all Naxx/BRD-cards disenchantable, so if you're never planning in playing Maexxna in Wild format, that's another 400 dust to you. In fact, if you're never planning on playing Wild ever (which I probably am not), you can disenchant so many cards that crafting everything you need in OG should be no problem whatsoever. In fact, I'm swimming in so much dust right now I'm considering getting my base set for standard legendaries all golded out, or at least make that a long-term goal, since they won't be going away anytime soon.

So yeah, very excited for tomorrow. Lots of packs to open, lots of stuff to try out, lots of dust to spend. And best of all, never ever again having to bother with retarded secret paladins and other such incredibly unfun decks. It's control meta all the way not boys, and I for one couldn't be happier.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2016-04-25 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    I rarely get salty in HS, even less if I'm being beaten by RNG.

Half the time RNG is in my favor and those moments outweight the ones when I'm on the receiving end.

My first TB last week was vs. hunter who dropped... Millhouse Manastorm. Yep. I was playing a paladin which meant infinite 0-mana spell supply - pallies have buffs, good damage spells and card draw as well. The opponent got savagely rekt in turn 2 and I giggled :P Those games are the most memorable.

Later that day i played rogue in arena and burgled Implosion + Mal'Ganis from warlock opponent. Implosion turn8 hitted for 4, opponent had no board clear, turn 9 dropped Mal and my imps became 3/3 (+ damage immunity on hero, bonus points for a weapon class )

The bad moments are usually getting stomped by ridiculous earlygame openers while having crap hand myself. These are the saltiest, most soul rending games - when I can do nothing. Fortunately those rarely happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    I rarely get salty in HS, even less if I'm being beaten by RNG.

Half the time RNG is in my favor and those moments outweight the ones when I'm on the receiving end.

My first TB last week was vs. hunter who dropped... Millhouse Manastorm. Yep. I was playing a paladin which meant infinite 0-mana spell supply - pallies have buffs, good damage spells and card draw as well. The opponent got savagely rekt in turn 2 and I giggled :P Those games are the most memorable.
    For a moment I thought you were talking about my friend, but he played it against a Mage.

Who actually got Archmage from an idol their next turn. RIP Friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    For a moment I thought you were talking about my friend, but he played it against a Mage.

Who actually got Archmage from an idol their next turn. RIP Friend.
    Last week's TB was amazing in that sense.

>pick mage
    >discover flamewaker/archmage
    >laugh as you prepare to win late with seemingly unlimited 2 dmg pings

Deleted
    Oh man, I'm propably like Internet Explorer on this... but YOU CAN DE NAXXRAMAS CARDS!!!

http://imgur.com/hlIjNeG

All those TERRIBLE legendaries gonna get what they deserve now. Holy shit I am happy now. Best 18 euros spent ever.

I dusted Maexxna, Rivendane and Feugen&Stalagg for 1.600 dust. Left Loatheb and KT cos these are still good cards, could use them in Wild.
    Out of others i dusted everything except "good" cards such as haunted creeper, mad scientist, unstable ghoul etc.
    Lots of free dust. Way more than 18 euro worth of packs would ever get me.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-04-25 at 09:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That moment when effect resolution mechanics work in your favour unexpectedly:

Priest v mage, I had a Soulpriest and some rubbish on board. He's got 4-5 minions, nothing with more than 4 HP. I have a Pyromancer and Nova in hand.

I use my rubbish to knock two of his minions down to 3HP, then play my Pyro, then Nova.

I forgot my Soulpriest was still up.

But glory be, my Pyro got knocked down to 0HP and triggered his effect anyway, meaning I was not left there feeling like a complete chump as his minions survived with 1 but instead got the desired effect of clearing the board, albeit at the cost of 2 face damage and a dead Pyro instead of 1HP.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I recently crafted Lorewalker Cho so I could make a deck similar to the one wowhobbs is currently using.

It's not super effective but it is funny as FUCK.
    It is a good troll against freeze mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Speaking of resolution mechanics:

Had a Mad Scientist and another minion on the board. Guy casts Holy Nova, killing both. Scientists triggers and gives me Duplicate. Duplicate immediately triggers, giving me two copies of the other minion.

Okey-dokey!
    Could be worse, better than having Duplicate give you two Mad Scientists when you only have 1 Secret left in the deck, or none as I have had before xD