Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You do all beast tribes every day?
    How ... masochistic. :X

Assuming I can sell the materia, it's nice money though. Between 10-20K a pop.

- - - Updated - - -

That content is not aimed at PuGs.
    It is supposed to be the content for "midcore" raid guilds that are to weak for the likes of A3S/A4S.
    Each beast tribe takes roughly 10 minutes and can net some pretty sweet money from materia. How very masochistic indeed... /not

10+ Year Old Account
    When is this game going to become FTP? I feel like fooling around in it again from time to time, but not enough to bother paying for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Airique View Post
    When is this game going to become FTP? I feel like fooling around in it again from time to time, but not enough to bother paying for a month.
    Never.

FFXI ran on console since like 2001 (Ps2) and 2006(XBox360) and never went f2p and the PC version is still going strong. To me even tho I am now subbed I feel its the only MMO worth $15 a month.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Then don't run the extremes? They are hard mode, for people who do want the additional challenge.
    I don't. I just complain while I watch my friends leave the game.

You do all beast tribes every day?
    How ... masochistic. :X

Assuming I can sell the materia, it's nice money though. Between 10-20K a pop.

- - - Updated - - -

That content is not aimed at PuGs.
    It is supposed to be the content for "midcore" raid guilds that are to weak for the likes of A3S/A4S.
    Just wondering.

I don't understand this game at all. First you could be running Garuda, Titan and Ifrit, with a bunch of different people, every week until the end of 2.1, since the rewards were either BiS or near it, yet it was pug friendly while still being more difficult than Coil.

Now they became for statics that will inevitably farm it week 1 and then abandon it due to the rewards just being a stop gap.

It'll be added on the DF in 3.3, but almost no one will queue for it and go the same way as Bismarck, Ravana and Thordan.

Yoshida keeps talking about "lack of staff" yet waste so many resources on this kind of "exclusive" content that will inevitably be forgotten before the patch even ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Each beast tribe takes roughly 10 minutes and can net some pretty sweet money from materia. How very masochistic indeed... /not
    Meh I just don't like that it consists of 90% running.. ugh. ._.
    @Fuubakusatsu: Randoms... pugs... never cared for them. never found a PuG that could even do ultima hard. People are just so baaaaaaaaaad.... >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I guess some people find pressing [w] and running entertaining.
    I'm not one of them and doing these quests consists of 90% running.

I can do it, but I sure as hell won't spend 40 minutes running on a daily basis.

I don't understand this game at all. First you could be running Garuda, Titan and Ifrit, with a bunch of different people, every week until the end of 2.1, since the rewards were either BiS or near it, yet it was pug friendly while still being more difficult than Coil.

Now they became for statics that will inevitably farm it week 1 and then abandon it due to the rewards just being a stop gap.

It'll be added on the DF in 3.3, but almost no one will queue for it and go the same way as Bismarck, Ravana and Thordan.

Yoshida keeps talking about "lack of staff" yet waste so many resources on this kind of "exclusive" content that will inevitably be forgotten before the patch even ends.
    Sephirot is actually a very easy primal you can do with your eyes closed once you get the timings. The dps requirement is very low, and outside the add phase in P1 the healing required is low as well, provided people don't fail at mechanics. It's got one or two major repeating mechanics to look out per phase. I find it to have a smooth learning curve and good rewards, I'd say it's the best designed primal in HW. This is obviously going to vary by server, but there are still (in week 7 after its release) training groups for phase 1 in PF, you might not kill it with that group, but you get your P1 experience and hop into the next group, until you join a clear party. If anything is a very MMO friendly primal.

Thordan was definitely a tad overturned, specially for its rewards. Regardless, given the current gear all primals, bar Sephirot, are extremely easy and you can clear them even in DF. Regarding, 'no one' running them, you'd be surprised. Because of the bird mounts and because it's super easy esoterics there's a ton of people running them both on PF and DF.
    Last edited by Duskypants; 2016-04-05 at 11:00 PM.

So, I'm a long time inactive player who loves the look of the game, but never really had the time to raise my pugilist past 15 or so, and when my free 30 days were up I just kinda let it sink back into inactive since stuff in WoW was picking up (I just have the base game fyi). But anyways, since WoW is dying down for the next several months, I noticed that there's a free 96 hours to innactive players, so I was planning on using mine starting Thursday. I see they added a rogue class, which I think is sweet as my main in WoW was a rogue, and Ninjas (which I've always liked as a FF class). So, question is, I can start working on a rogue and get to Ninja in that timeframe? I'm seriously considering re-subbing to this since again, WoW is in its barely alive phase until Legion, so I'd have plenty of time to play and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    So, I'm a long time inactive player who loves the look of the game, but never really had the time to raise my pugilist past 15 or so, and when my free 30 days were up I just kinda let it sink back into inactive since stuff in WoW was picking up (I just have the base game fyi). But anyways, since WoW is dying down for the next several months, I noticed that there's a free 96 hours to innactive players, so I was planning on using mine starting Thursday. I see they added a rogue class, which I think is sweet as my main in WoW was a rogue, and Ninjas (which I've always liked as a FF class). So, question is, I can start working on a rogue and get to Ninja in that timeframe? I'm seriously considering re-subbing to this since again, WoW is in its barely alive phase until Legion, so I'd have plenty of time to play and stuff.
    Well all you would have to do is level rogue to 30. I highly would resub just in case you don't make it to 30 in 3 days but you will have to level pugilist and lancer a bit later on for some cross action skills on Ninja.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh I just don't like that it consists of 90% running.. ugh. ._.
    @Fuubakusatsu: Randoms... pugs... never cared for them. never found a PuG that could even do ultima hard. People are just so baaaaaaaaaad.... >.<

- - - Updated - - -

I guess some people find pressing [w] and running entertaining.
    I'm not one of them and doing these quests consists of 90% running.

I can do it, but I sure as hell won't spend 40 minutes running on a daily basis.
    Probably the easiest 200k you'll ever earn. And unidentified objects. And poetics. And beast tribe rep if not maxed for cool things.

Beast tribe quests are like 4 birds with half a stone.

Also, just got my super shiny hyperconductive anima weapon. This anima relic quests are truly a joke. I have no clue how they could ever nerf this since it's already ten times easier than ARR relic weapon. Also still having a hard time understanding how people could possibly hate playing the game so much for the unidentified parts. It's like oh I play final fantasy, I just don't do anything in the game except sit in town and my daily expert.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-04-06 at 04:22 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Welll you already have the 15 pug for nin so I say do the new novice training area get the 30% xp bonus ring and then grab rogue in limsa(the gear you get should be good 15 rogue gear) annd then do story/dungeons get a tank buddy or something to help iut

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Probably the easiest 200k you'll ever earn. And unidentified objects. And poetics. And beast tribe rep if not maxed for cool things.

Beast tribe quests are like 4 birds with half a stone.

Also, just got my super shiny hyperconductive anima weapon. This anima relic quests are truly a joke. I have no clue how they could ever nerf this since it's already ten times easier than ARR relic weapon. Also still having a hard time understanding how people could possibly hate playing the game so much for the unidentified parts. It's like oh I play final fantasy, I just don't do anything in the game except sit in town and my daily expert.
    That's basicallywhat I do when I'm online. I'd probably do more than roulette if my friends played. I envy some of the streamers I've seen who shoot the breeze with friends in ts3 or Skype while doing mundane and repetitive tasks. I just can't do that kind of stuff while so isolated, and FFXIV definitely does a very good job at making you feel like you're the only one playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm a long time inactive player who loves the look of the game, but never really had the time to raise my pugilist past 15 or so, and when my free 30 days were up I just kinda let it sink back into inactive since stuff in WoW was picking up (I just have the base game fyi). But anyways, since WoW is dying down for the next several months, I noticed that there's a free 96 hours to innactive players, so I was planning on using mine starting Thursday. I see they added a rogue class, which I think is sweet as my main in WoW was a rogue, and Ninjas (which I've always liked as a FF class). So, question is, I can start working on a rogue and get to Ninja in that timeframe?
    Erm.. you needed 30 days in order to reach 15 with the Pugilist.
    Now you are asking whether you can reach level 30 to unlock Ninja in 4 days?
    Do the math yourself.

It is absolutely possible to get to lv 30 in 4 days via dungeon spam, but the main story quest will slow you down considerably and it will take a lot of playing within these 4 days to et that out of the way.

Imho: not worth stressing out over. Sub for a month and level peacefully and at an enjoyable pace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Also still having a hard time understanding how people could possibly hate playing the game so much for the unidentified parts. It's like oh I play final fantasy, I just don't do anything in the game except sit in town and my daily expert.
    It's essentially the "do stuff daily" that gets me.
    This is true for any MMO, I dislike the daily stuff in WoW as well. I do all them things when I am in the mood.
    But I do not play a game to do the daily chore of "Do all daily quests" and "do all roulettes".

Sadly, with the game being balanced around people doing it every day, that "do it when you feel like it" approach slows everything down to a crawl because lockouts. I can't just .. e.g. grind 300K vanu rep in 2 days because addiction hit and I want to play the crap out of it.
    Nope 3 tiny quests and check back tomorrow!

this is why I thoroughly enjoy the new way in which Blizzard handles valor and Mythic dungeons. Setting it on a weekly lockout gives the player more freedom to take a day off w/o the feeling of "Yah I just irrevocably lost progress there". And it gives you the freedom to do more when you feel like playing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the feeling. I picked the few stones I needed and then forgot about the rest.
    If a guild mate wanted some other stone I told them to put in advance notice so I can get the pattern.

This is true for any MMO, I dislike the daily stuff in WoW as well. I do all them things when I am in the mood.
    But I do not play a game to do the daily chore of "Do all daily quests" and "do all roulettes".

Sadly, with the game being balanced around people doing it every day, that "do it when you feel like it" approach slows everything down to a crawl because lockouts. I can't just .. e.g. grind 300K vanu rep in 2 days because addiction hit and I want to play the crap out of it.

this is why I thoroughly enjoy the new way in which Blizzard handles valor and Mythic dungeons. Setting it on a weekly lockout gives the player more freedom to take a day off w/o the feeling of "Yah I just irrevocably lost progress there". And it gives you the freedom to do more when you feel like playing more.
    I also like the weekly approach. I think that you just need to make sure you have enough content that you can entertain a player for a few hours daily as well.

I remember doing my follower quests pretty religiously, not only for the PVE rewards, but because I kind of enjoyed it. The addon kinda ruined that, but I didn't really use it until all my followers were maxed out.

I think what would have really elevated the follower content to a sustainable and fun level would have been actually picking a quest from that menu, assigning a follower (and making sure they're geared) to go out into the real world to do the quest. I.e. If I have to kill some Arakoa god or whatever and I need a tank, an MS effect, and a dispeller I could pick 2 followers to come with me to do it who had those traits. If I was a tank class I'd pick DPS classes to handle the damage while I kept the fragile mobs protected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I also like the weekly approach. I think that you just need to make sure you have enough content that you can entertain a player for a few hours daily as well.
    Unless you play a gazillion alts, wow doesn't offer that at all.

There is 0 reason to do Tanaan once you have 695+ and oil rig to keep SY going.
    That leaves you with your weekly Raid difficulty of choice and 8 mythic dungeons per week.

Erm.. you needed 30 days in order to reach 15 with the Pugilist.
    Now you are asking whether you can reach level 30 to unlock Ninja in 4 days?
    Do the math yourself.

It is absolutely possible to get to lv 30 in 4 days via dungeon spam, but the main story quest will slow you down considerably and it will take a lot of playing within these 4 days to et that out of the way.

Imho: not worth stressing out over. Sub for a month and level peacefully and at an enjoyable pace.

- - - Updated - - -

This is it for me too. Some days, i just don't feel like playing or do not even have time to play. If I have to stay late at work, go home, try to spend a little time with my daughter before bed, eat dinner, take a shower and if the wife wants to spend some time together, there goes my time. By making it so that I essentially have to play daily, if there are a few days in a row I can not play, I feel behind and it's harder and harder to start playing again.

Rift used to do something similar to what it sounds like WoW does now. You still got a "charge" for your daily experts every day, but they could stack up to 7. So you could just sit down one day a week and knock out all 7. It did not help with the actual daily quests though, so I ended up not playing that anymore either.

Lately for me it seems like I just enjoy the leveling process in new MMOs, get to max level, poke around for a bit, then quit. Daily grinds at end-game destroy nearly all MMOs for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Lately for me it seems like I just enjoy the leveling process in new MMOs, get to max level, poke around for a bit, then quit. Daily grinds at end-game destroy nearly all MMOs for me.
    I know the feeling well.
    Since I am not raiding anymore, the hamster wheel gets less and less attractive to me.

Maybe I'm nearing the time where I should let MMOs go and focus on story heavy single player games.

A nice tip for people starting the relic grind of suffering (tm squenix 20016)

Now the new step incentivises doing the old raids the ques are almost instant and combined with new players doing them you get almost 150 poetics for a ten minute syrcus tower run which is a damn sight better than 100 for a 30 minute castrum miridianum run on the daily roullette.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still run the castrum dungeons? o_O

People still run the castrum dungeons? o_O
    Well if folks gotta help guidlies at the story point for it you may as well do the roullette version right? at least i imagine thats the reasoning for it. Not worth the time though.