Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, but then you'll get people harping at you about your lack of "effort" when you have one piece of gear less than them due to not farming max tomes or something.

Though I never found that stuff to be quite as bad in FFXIV as it was in WoW, so there is that.
    Not to start another long "discussion" ... but I find it amusing that you (and other frequent posters to this thread) like this kind of content with it's razor thin margin for error and strict requirements ... then come to the forums QQing that people aren't measuring up and are giving you problems or some people are acting like jerks when they think someone isn't measuring up and giving you problems.

Reminds me of my later mother ... goes on a shopping trip spanning hours ... returns home complaining that her legs hurt ...

Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Savage, everything else I have done in game so far is stupidly easy.
    Yeah, don't see any way you could be up to that level with 1-2 hours a week and the occasional weekend session. If the game let you max cap in that amount of play time, people would be flooding the forums about having absolutely nothing to do.

MMO Development Catch-22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    YOU DIDNT FARM ALL THE MINIONS?!?
    No, I consider FF-XIVs pets/mounts mostly unattractive.

Can't really put a finger on why.
    I believe the art style simply doesn't resonate with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I don't get the "daily lock out or screwed" vibe from FFXIV at all. When I was doing Eso
    Because it doesn't apply to eso. You can farm 450 eso in one session if you want to.
    No lockout on dungeons.

The "Daily or Bust" is mush harsher in WoW actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham
    It's only really a chore if you choose to make it a chore as far as I'm concerned. I log on and do what I feel is going to be fun or interesting - not what I feel is 'mandatory'.
    Pretty much what I do too. I try to cap eso every week, but if it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen. *shrug*

I just have to accept that I will move infinitely slower that way.

The system WoW had in Cata was pretty nice. You can do it once a day or do all seven at once or spread them out over the week.

Also if you wanted to you could cap out lore tomestones in a day if you wanted to, no one is stopping you. Its what I do on the weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    The system WoW had in Cata was pretty nice. You can do it once a day or do all seven at once or spread them out over the week.
    Yep but that lead to weird queue distributions (first and last day saw a huge increase), which I believe was the reason why they got rid of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Also if you wanted to you could cap out lore tomestones in a day if you wanted to, no one is stopping you. Its what I do on the weekend.
    Pretty much what I've been doing last few weeks because I haven't really had the urge to play much lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Pretty much what I've been doing last few weeks because I haven't really had the urge to play much lately.
    I'm mostly just doing stuff here and there - and chatting with friends/role-playing - whilst I wait for 3.3.

The game as a whole still interests me but I do hope we get some new types of content to pass the time at some point. Something like Diadem but more in-depth.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a phrase for what you're hinting at: throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Your logic suggests that we should just wipe out all life altogether simply because with life comes any number of negative experiences.
    /sigh ... Strawmaning again.

I'm talking about your complaining. This is what you wanted right? Well, deal with the consequences.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Yeah, but then you'll get people harping at you about your lack of "effort" when you have one piece of gear less than them due to not farming max tomes or something.

Though I never found that stuff to be quite as bad in FFXIV as it was in WoW, so there is that.
    Not accurate. People harp on the effort one displays when playing, not the amount of time one plays. This however isn't the first thing that you've gotten completely wrong though so I can understand your confusion.

@Graeham - I can testify that subscribing to a "I play as much as I can/want and not worry about what I *have* to do" is a healthier way to approach the topic. The issue does get blurred a lot when the goal and the want are the same though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No, I consider FF-XIVs pets/mounts mostly unattractive.

Can't really put a finger on why.
    I believe the art style simply doesn't resonate with me.
    Oddly the other way for me.
    Not a lot of pets I like in WoW but a lot more in FFXIV. Finally got the Dark Cloud pet (whatever it is in English) it has two little Ahriman floating around, it's adorable in a weird way.
    Of course it really is a matter of opinion but I much prefer collecting pets in this game than WoW. Main one I liked in WoW was the corehound pup.
    Some of the pets in FFXIV also has some fun interactables, like /beckon for Nanamo / Succubus will get them to go on your shoulder, and especially Nanamo she climbs up your back to get there. The moogles dancing together is great also.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-04-06 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    @Graeham - I can testify that subscribing to a "I play as much as I can/want and not worry about what I *have* to do" is a healthier way to approach the topic. The issue does get blurred a lot when the goal and the want are the same though.
    See, that's exactly my problem right there. I want to raid savage, however, there are things I -have- to do if I want to do that, which can not be done with my time constraints. Well, it can about 70% of the time, then comes the week where I fall behind and it's all over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok I'm sorry guys but I have to get this off my chest. I just got told, in A8 normal, to stop dpsing because the WHM thought that the problem with the group was a healing one not a dps one. When the reality was that the dps could only kill 2 of the regulators in time. I even, for one attempt, did not touch cleric stance and we still wiped. So yeah, I fucking love the players of this game so much.

why do i still play online games, I fucking hate everyone.....

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yep but that lead to weird queue distributions (first and last day saw a huge increase), which I believe was the reason why they got rid of it.
    I never recall any major queue issues back then when they allowed players to do multiple runs per day towards their weekly cap(s) for valor or whatever it was back then. Honestly, I miss that, and at least this game doesn't completely lock you down from doing that. I wouldn't mind if they allowed you to get the bonus at your rate, so if you want to tunnel ex roulette 7 times on Tuesday, knock yourself out. To me, it's more "punishing" when you miss a day or two for whatever reason, so those are two days worth roulette bonus you get screwed out of.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I'm sorry guys but I have to get this off my chest. I just got told, in A8 normal, to stop dpsing because the WHM thought that the problem with the group was a healing one not a dps one. When the reality was that the dps could only kill 2 of the regulators in time. I even, for one attempt, did not touch cleric stance and we still wiped. So yeah, I fucking love the players of this game so much.

why do i still play online games, I fucking hate everyone.....
    Solutions:

1. Do it only in a fixed group where you can do QA on members.
    2. Wait for SE to nerf it into the ground with echo buffs.
    3. Don't do them at all. :3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Solutions:

1. Do it only in a fixed group where you can do QA on members.
    2. Wait for SE to nerf it into the ground with echo buffs.
    3. Don't do them at all. :3
    Honestly, its fine. It really is. This just happened to snap me so to speak. I just really dont appreciate being blamed (and the ONLY one blamed) when it wasn't my fault, at all. I guess what ultimately got to me, was the WHM saying at the end "I need help healing not dps problem" when the last attempt I didn't turn on cleric stance ONCE and we still couldn't make it past the first set of steam regulators WITHOUT 2 blowing up. The fact that I had been spam running a5-7 to try and get the leg up on this week's lockout, the night before and having awful groups, didn't help with getting this group as my 2nd run of the day.

Again, just really needed to vent that because how stupid do you have to honestly be to believe it was a healing issue and not a dps one? Also point 1 doesn't really work because I'm dumb and really hate asking people for anything because I feel like I'm a bother so I'm just a big ol' complainer who's unwilling to fix the 'problem'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always felt like FFXIV pets kinda "blended into the scenery" too much, so to speak.

Not literally, of course you could see them. But it always felt like I could walk around town and not even notice them if not for the giant name tags.
    Mmm, I guess? I don't find it that different than other games, but that's just me. Granted I like adorable things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I, too, love Gaeilcats.

...you DO think Gaelicats are the most adorable things, right?

...RIGHT?
    Except the part where they maul you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unicolt > All

Unicolt > All
    Wind up Haurchefant>all and any future pets.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There were no strawmen there, sorry.

Well, yes. That's what we've all already talked about. When you enjoy something, you don't just quit or destroy it altogether because of (largely minor, in relation) negatives that might come along with it.

Your mother enjoyed shopping. So her legs hurt after a lot of standing and walking, so what? That comes with the territory of being human. (and old, heh) What's your solution, that she cower from the pain and just stop doing what she enjoys?

Overall, your logic and statements suggest an enormous amount of contempt toward things that other people enjoy.
    Just saying, you shouldn't be complaining if it's something that you choose to do.

The strawman is you putting words in my mouth about what I'm trying to accomplish.

I'm just talking about your complaining, nothing else.