Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    WoD wasn't the height of their history, I still chose it over vanilla servers.

Who the fuck claims that retail has "no content" and then settles for Classic? It's mind-boggling...
    I will let you sit in your garrison by yourself all day aswell while i go and explore the actual world and what it has to offer in a game

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think suieing them is the right answer. Alot of work probably went into making Nostralius work, why not contact them. or HIRE them. I mean the amount of people they had playing was impressive.

if you took what they had built, and then started a $2.50 / $5.00 a month sub. like make it cheap as shit. why would you turn that down.
    Hi

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Chip away enough at a mountain and all you'll be left with is rubble.

This is just one of the millions of attitudes everyday that drive people from this game, how fucking long are people going to use the numbers argument to try and defend WoW, how long?

Infact why are you even arguing with me right now? Why would anyone who actually likes WoW argue my point, theres no benefit in driving people from a game thats already bleeding subs at an awful rate.
    Because it isn't a moot point. It has nothing to do with liking WoW or not. These people weren't even playing WoW as it legally is, just look how they insult it so casually and promote illegal activity. There are those of us that like, enjoy, and pay for the game. There are those that don't that create illegal servers and whine and complain on WoW forums when the laws are enforced. They are merely the chaff being separated from the wheat, nothing more. This is a good thing and it should continue to the full extent of the law.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    https://en.nostalrius.org/

Well I will not be joining everyone in legion. This was a move by Blizzard to get people from when the game used to actually feel like an MMO to their piece of shit game they have now. Fuck I am angry.
    i think activison and blizzard are lame for doing this.. EITHER fucking make a private and bc and wrath servers for players to enjoy or just shut up and let others make it so we can have that kinda experience.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Literally no one has said that they would pay for a vanilla server in response to being called out. I find this comical.
    i know this is apples and oranges, but why not check what runescape did and how well that worked out for the game in general?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Because it isn't a moot point. It has nothing to do with liking WoW or not. These people weren't even playing WoW as it legally is, just look how they insult it so casually and promote illegal activity. There are those of us that like, enjoy, and pay for the game. There are those that don't that create illegal servers and whine and complain on WoW forums when the laws are enforced. They are merely the chaff being separated from the wheat, nothing more. This is a good thing and it should continue to the full extent of the law.
    "im above you because i pay for the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    How is it possible to steal that which does not exist (anymore)?

If Blizzard offered an alternative I'm sure a lot of people would flock to that. I know I would. But there is no alternative. Blizzard is just being spiteful.
    World of Warcraft is their property. They created classic, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria and (unfortunately) Warlords of Draenor. These things belong to them, and the content from Classic still exists in many forms in the game today. Rewinding the game to a previous patch doesn't suddenly not make it their game.

This isn't spite, this is exactly what anyone sensible would do if their property was being taken and used without permission. If Blizzard had come out and officially said they will not pursue people who create private servers for past expansions, that would be one thing. But they didn't, and there's no reason they would. They were being generous by allowing Nostalrius to exist right in front of their eyes.

Your emotions and feelings on a subject don't outweigh the law. It's not spiteful to take back your property once it's been stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    No they are not, especially when they are making money off of this. And I will seriously laugh at you if you say these people running these private servers aren't making money off of others intellectual properties and rights.
    No, the money is for subscription fees. Not reselling software, as far as I know.
    Subscription != Content.

Even your own WoW subscription doesn't entitle you to new expansion -- you have to pay for those!

WoD wasn't the height of their history, I still chose it over vanilla servers.

Who the fuck claims that retail has "no content" and then settles for Classic? It's mind-boggling...
    All WoD has is end-game content. The first 109 levels are a pointless exercise in keeping the MMO genre tag. 109 levels of brainless content which doesn't matter to get to "end-game" content which, all it is, is one raid repeated over four difficulties, essentially the same content. How does this sound more fun to you than an engaging 1-60 experience with end game and meaningful, actual, MMO features?

Quote Originally Posted by Belime View Post
    I need more handouts!

There are plenty of free-to-play games for you to enjoy. I highly suggest WildStar.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajdhfh View Post
    Can we stop pretending to know what we're talking about.
    No. Can you stop being afraid to talk about something because you don't like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Counterculture? Why?

For me, if anything, it's Blizz's action that's counterculture. Old games, especially MMOs, will completly vanish and no one will ever be able to experience them any more if they do not linger on in some way. By keeping old WoW off-limits because "it's the law", they are essentially denying the widespread of an art piece that's no longer available by conventional means, and that the original owner is no longer profiting from - and has publicly declared that has no intention of ever supporting it again. Isn't that counterculture?

How is allowing people to enjoy an art piece that costs millions of dollars and thousands of man hours to create immoral, but letting it fall to oblivion isn't?
    "letting it fall to oblivion"

They are (according to the sirens on this website despite obvious evidence to support that they can't afford to keep their servers running) shutting down a free version of their product. The code from which was reverse engineered and stolen.

Promoting theft is counterculture. this is theft. The artists who drew the concept art think it is theft. The writers who wrote the quest text think it is theft. The programmers who are having the underlying architecture freeloaded think it is theft.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belime View Post
    forsenC forsenGun FUCK THE PLEBS
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well, that's what happens when you steal intellectual property and use it
    kill yourself you fucking f4ggot

PS: yes I know you're a mod

you blizzard c0cksucking piece of sh1t

Infracted: Voice your opinion on the topic. This kind of this will get you banned. [MoanaLisa]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-07 at 12:29 AM.

Deleted
    ...Then why are people claiming they've played on Nos for years and years? It's only been up for 1? o.O
    It released 28 feb 2015 so okay 13 months then. They only accept dontation for maintenance no services or anything that earns them money.

Has the most players by far but makes nothing compared to Warmane/Molten and feenix. So it actually dosen't make any sense unless the obvious one which is pissing off long time Blizzard customers.

laugh who wants to play vanilla wow thats so bad its not funny and no new content come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    yes they found old incomplete code and made a patchwork server. Same exact thing. How many of their "active accounts" would pay $10-$15 a month for that server?
    For that server? Probably none. For an official blizzard server on the ther hand... .
    There are probably as much people that are scared of private servers as there are cheap people that only play there because it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    All WoD has is end-game content. The first 109 levels are a pointless exercise in keeping the MMO genre tag. 109 levels of brainless content which doesn't matter to get to "end-game" content which, all it is, is one raid repeated over four difficulties, essentially the same content. How does this sound more fun to you than an engaging 1-60 experience with end game and meaningful, actual, MMO features?
    Read. Same Grind to 60. Same raids from 11 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i don't think suieing them is the right answer. Alot of work probably went into making Nostralius work, why not contact them. or HIRE them. I mean the amount of people they had playing was impressive.

if you took what they had built, and then started a $2.50 / $5.00 a month sub. like make it cheap as shit. why would you turn that down.
    This would make a good blog post for you to expand on some day. What I think should happen is that someone should put together a business plan for this, take it to Blizzard and see what could be worked out. In other words, a group would basically negotiate to license the idea and cut Blizzard in on the profits. You can make of that what you will. It would be a very steep road but with the right pitch I could see Blizzard giving it some thought and even a bit of support here and there. But Blizzard would need to know how they would profit from it assuming they had an open mind about it. They won't do it but I don't believe they've ever said that they are not open to the idea of working out a licensing agreement with a properly professional group that has an actual business plan and willing to partner with Blizzard on a project.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    All WoD has is end-game content. The first 109 levels are a pointless exercise in keeping the MMO genre tag.
    level cap is currently 100. legion raises it 110.
    Hi