Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Haha, need I link you the easily 4 times that shit was said to me by your benevolent vanilla worshippers?

Yes, they called themselves benevolent, even fucking ghandi.
    I'm not claiming either side is being reasonable at all (they're both being huge dicks to each other), this thread is just useless and too big for it's own good at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yes, and this is now going into a more philosophical area. There are lots of other people playing WoW, thats obviously true. But if you aren't in any way encouraged to communicate with a person as a person; it becomes very much a single player game in terms of interaction. People say that bcause there is a human controlling the tank in your group, you are playing a mulitplayer game, and thats fine. But if you don't say a word to that tank in the entire run, and he says nothing back, in what way is that different from a single player experience?

I'm not saying people must see it this way; but it strikes me that as the game becomes more and more single-player focused; it will play much less and less as a multiplayer game. THe most communcation in the game happens in the "lobby" these days : i.e. trade chat.
    If you let that happen. If you want to do anything to a somewhat competitive degree you can't just ride along. Because a game offers you options does not inherently take away the right to play in a group. I've remade entire groups of friends in every expansion.

Is my situation unique to me? Yeah, but it is evidence that it can happen despite what people who are so anti Quality of life claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Nost team did nothing to warrant this reaction? Yeah hosting an illegal private server is totally okay. *eyeroll*
    Why are you strawmanning me? We were talking in terms of conduct. They were as professional as one could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    I'm not claiming either side is being reasonable at all (they're both being huge dicks to each other), this thread is just useless and too big for it's own good at this point.
    I'm all for getting rid of it. If I never heard about private servers again I wouldn't blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    So you don't really want my old car?
    You know, if you gave it away, maybe.
    I'd never take it without you giving me permission however.

Nost pirates still at it? lol

Go find another ilegal server or something (just don't get very attached)
    Last edited by Etselion; 2016-04-10 at 05:23 PM. Reason: grammar

I don't see why Blizzard can't just phase out zones in-game to their old state, or rather have both the old version of EK and Kalimdor available trough the Caverns of Time. Its the old world that I really miss, even to the point that I just wanna level all the way to 60 to get to quest in the Plaguelands and experience Tirions quest chain again. The new Plaguelands are an abomination, I just get depressed when I look at how my once favorite zones got ruined by removing most of the undead, its presence and atmosphere. The questing other than the feud in Andorhal with Koltira and Sylvanas wasn't even interesting, I loathe Fiano's caravan and the way questing in EPL is now.

I'm sure Blizzard will make legacy servers eventually, but only when WoW ends. If they add them now they'd just be competing with themselves against Legion.

I'm sorry, that's been from your ilk.

I know it's hard to imagine that there can be dicks on both sides of an argument when you think you're always in the right.
    Never said it wasn't, read my above post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma View Post
    <just pats your sad little head>

It's amazing how delusional freeloaders are.
    He brings up a real concern. It is not unknown that the retail community is aware that 1) Expansion are getting more expensive and, 2) We are seeing substantially less content in each expansion.

Instead of throwing adjectives at someone, discuss why they are right or wrong. Contribute to the discussion or else you're wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Why are you strawmanning me? We were talking in terms of conduct. They were as professional as one could be.
    That is in no way strawmanning. Like not even a little bit.

If you let that happen. If you want to do anything to a somewhat competitive degree you can't just ride along.
    You can PuG everything up to Mythic Content and CM server firsts? Is that the only "somewhat competitive" stuff left in the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    "Courts have distinguished between copyright infringement and theft. For instance, the United States Supreme Court held in Dowling v. United States (1985) that bootleg phonorecords did not constitute stolen property. Instead, "interference with copyright does not easily equate with theft, conversion, or fraud. The Copyright Act even employs a separate term of art to define one who misappropriates a copyright: '[...] an infringer of the copyright.'" The court said that in the case of copyright infringement, the province guaranteed to the copyright holder by copyright law – certain exclusive rights – is invaded, but no control, physical or otherwise, is taken over the copyright, nor is the copyright holder wholly deprived of using the copyrighted work or exercising the exclusive rights held."

I can play too, and you're the one in the wrong here.
    Except we're not talking about 'bootleg phonorecords' here. I'm not wrong, unless you're calling the FBI wrong, here. Also, a source wouldn't hurt, you know? Helps to check if the quote is real or if you pulled it right out of nothing.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Professional thieves that created an illegal server? Their conduct deserves the reaction they're getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    There was a mod posting baseless information about rumors that have been proven false. Someone in a position of authority making an unsubstantiated post, and claiming it as fact is the epitome of shit posting to me.
    Yeah one of them is very biased in this very matter and should really tone it down because of it. I'm biased too since I dislike most of what blizzard have done with the game post wotlk and want it to go back but then again I'm not a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I don't particularly care either way, I abandoned it years ago. I don't think you'd be stealing anything.

(Real talk though, some guy actually came to me after I left it standing outside for 2 years and gave me 100 € for it lol.)
    WoW hasn't been abandoned. Your argument just keeps eating itself.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Comparison? Do you even know what my point was? Why would you even post this if you can't fucking understand a simple point I was making? I don't even know how else to put it... You simple don't have the intellect to understand what people are saying. How old are you? You sound like my five year old niece when she's told she can't have something...

Lol, you compared being a billionaire and wanting to live in the white house with having a legit vanilla server. That's like comparing wanting to be safe walking down the street with being immortal. Like carburetors and dog shit. See where this is going?

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You can PuG everything up to Mythic Content and CM server firsts? Is that the only "somewhat competitive" stuff left in the game?
    If you want to go this route, people were pugging mc after they outgeared it too.

From australian copyright law regarding games

Cool, now that that is out of the way.
    I understand that a copyright law exists in australia, anything other then this would be absurd.

I also understand that you now seem to understand that your australian copyright law is in fact NOT the same as the american DMCA.

I also understand by your post, that you seem to not understand the principles of what an emulator is, and how this differs from _redistribution_

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Yeah one of them is very biased in this very matter and should really tone it down because of it. I'm biased too since I dislike most of what blizzard have done with the game post wotlk and want it to go back but then again I'm not a moderator.
    The problem comes from posting an opinion under the mod tag. It's like trying to argue with a police officer at that point. It's slightly intimidating due to the fact that they can ban you any second, you walk on eggshells, and your points are diluted because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except we're not talking about 'bootleg phonorecords' here. I'm not wrong, unless you're calling the FBI wrong, here. Also, a source wouldn't hurt, you know? Helps to check if the quote is real or if you pulled it right out of nothing.
    Pretty sure he's quoting wiki. Which is about as laughable as their justification for stealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.