Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Some old pic, very first line under 'playerbase'. imgur/jxtOQlu

You have shit for brains.
    Just FYI that picture says a lot more than you think. For both sides even. Look at Warrior LOL. Half of the population is 3 classes. Yeah....really screams fun and best the game has ever been right?

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Lol, you compared being a billionaire and wanting to live in the white house with having a legit vanilla server. That's like comparing wanting to be safe walking down the street with being immortal. Like carburetors and dog shit. See where this is going?
    You compared not being able to play vanilla wow legally to entrapment. Looks who's talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    Say there is a group of kids. One kid has a bunch of candy he made, the rest have none. Candy kid refuses to share or sell any of his candy. One of the kids without realizes people want candy, and decides to take the base ingredients of Candy Kids candy and made his own to give to everyone else, and he does so.

Candy kid then goes running to the adult saying "only I am allowed to have candy." So the adult takes away everyone else's candy.

That's the "immorality" of it.
    Wow. Talk about apples and... I don't know, airplanes.

Where to begin? Ok, let's begin with why your comparison is ridiculous: You're comparing a kid with candy, candy that wasn't made by the kid, candy that wasn't created by the kid, candy that wasn't trademarked and copyrighted by the kid.... to Blizzard and WoW. A game that was made by Blizzard, created by Blizzard, trademarked and copyrighted by Blizzard. Then, you compare a physical object (candy) to a virtual object (WoW). Then you compare a kid making the candy from scratch, to criminals who took a finished product and just altered it to fit their illegal server.

Seriously, your comparison fails in so many levels that it's not even funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    It's awesome, so many people who are wrong are so sad about an illegal activity being stopped, no real reason for debate, it was wrong, it was stopped. I'm happy.
    People are still confusing the shut down of a private server to the advocacy of a Blizzard sanctioned legacy server. I'm not sure why, but the discussion goes in circles. The want for a legacy server is not related to the shut down of a private server, either, as discussion has been around for that for years, but only recently picked up a lot of responses and sparked a lot of discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You compared not being able to play vanilla wow legally to entrapment. Looks who's talking.
    Others have compared being pro vanilla server to being a civil rights activist, ghandi.
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Lol, you compared being a billionaire and wanting to live in the white house with having a legit vanilla server. That's like comparing wanting to be safe walking down the street with being immortal. Like carburetors and dog shit. See where this is going?
    Wow, way to prove me right. Substitute billionaire and white house with anything if you want. That wasn't the point. Again... Keep missing the point while we all laugh our ass off at your expense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Others have compared being pro vanilla server to being a civil rights activist, ghandi.
    Gandhi would have played on Nost if he was still with us.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    Even though Nost was free, I can't see the entire population flocking there simply just because of that. People argue "Nost was only popular because it was free end of story". Not true. Was it an advantage? Yes it was. Have you tried looking at it instead of it being popular because it was free, being free because it was a private server? I still hold an active retail subscription, so I am not personally interested just because it is free. That isn't to say that everyone on that server held the same opinion, however, it's population was not just because it was free, as I have stated before you and many others before me, that they would be willing to pay for something like this.

I've never advocated for the public availability of private severs because I know they are illegal. I played on one and enjoyed it immensely, but I still know engaging in that is lawfully wrong. My discussion in this thread has only been for the idea to change Blizzard's point of view on why the implementation of a legacy server might be a good idea.
    Right I'm not dealing in absolutes, I'm just saying that some/few/many fall into various categories of why they'd go to a private server. I get that people want to experience Vanilla as well but sometimes you just have to accept a company's choice not to do something. That didn't stop some people and they did it anyways and now they got shut down.

Another thing to look at, by trying to change Blizzard's mind about Vanilla servers is that maybe by flocking to illegal servers it might just make Blizzard even more opposed to the idea. Because if Blizz does something with Vanilla-classic people don't like they'll just flock to private servers. Once vanilla servers become a 'thing' people will want more and more. I don't want to see that can of worms opened. It will be a train wreck.

Deleted
    Are you pyinpyongpingpand whatshisface?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    Considering he was 78 when he died I highly doubt he would have lived another 57 years for Vanilla and another 67 for Nost /S

Quote Originally Posted by Xarian View Post
    I understand that a copyright law exists in australia, anything other then this would be absurd.

I also understand that you now seem to understand that your australian copyright law is in fact NOT the same as the american DMCA.

I also understand by your post, that you seem to not understand the principles of what an emulator is, and how this differs from _redistribution_
    Despite your smugness, a private server is not an emulator. In this case, the server pulls certain files from the stolen client which is under blizzard's copyright.

Guess what doesn't change between DMCA and Australian copyright law.

Quit being patronizing and start living in the real world. If you want to debate me on how a server and client works, I'll take you to school.

If it were just me that I was talking about, then yes. No matter how much you wanna inflate the amount of players currently subscribed and make that of those wanting to play vanilla seem lower, the fact is that there is a legitimate desire for people to play vanilla and the logistics and resources to create something like this pale in comparison to pretty much any major addition to the game in the past years. You just don't want us to have it because you're arcade players. You don't like it so you don't want anyone to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    Whatever works for you champ.

You just don't want us to have it because you're arcade players.
    Wow you're an asshole. At least some of these other posters didn't have to attack every single post.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-10 at 06:36 PM.

Imagine this: Blizzard allows Vanilla servers to operate because of its outdated content. Then other servers with outdated content happen, like BC, WotLK, hence even Cataclysm and MoP, just because it's outdated. Allowing even one of these servers operate creates a dangerous (for Blizz obv) exception. And keeping up official servers with outdated content seems just to be out of discussion.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by klob View Post
    The shift this game has made has warranted many to leave Live. Money hungry activision pushing blizzard to keeping sub fee and adding a shitty store to grab more money, promising faster expansion's while all we've gotten is less content, longer waits between expac's, more EXPENSIVE expac's with less content and the content is easier with it being focused on a younger age group. All of you may argue hundreds more page but you're now enjoying a kids game. May want to rethink what you're really supporting, their business ethics now and how the game has changed for the worst.
    K vote with your wallet and don't play their games but at the same time do not flock to illegal servers to make some sort of 'point'. I mean if it makes you feel better since I have every store pet/mount/RAF I will cover for you and a bunch of your friends missing by supporting Blizzard.

How dare a company find ways to make money. You act like their goal is to rule the world with their evil schemes or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I'll just hop onto the Blizzard Vanilla server then.

You're talking as if Vanilla and retail are the same game, while in reality WoD and Legion are closer to farmville than vanilla.
    World of Warcraft still exists, regardless of whether you like the current features of the game or not.

World of Warcraft came into existence in 2004 and has changed it's features numerous times since then.

Whether or not you like it, it is STILL World of Warcraft.

Despite your smugness, a private server is not an emulator. In this case, the server pulls certain files from the stolen client which is under blizzard's copyright.

Guess what doesn't change between DMCA and Australian copyright law.

Quit being patronizing and start living in the real world. If you want to debate me on how a server and client works, I'll take you to school.
    That's also a horrible argument, and this is coming from someone who wants legacy servers.

Emulators are legal, but ROMs most certainly are not. This was basically the ROM of Vanilla WoW, emulator's can't do anything without ROMs.

If you want to go this route, people were pugging mc after they outgeared it too.
    Sure but you couldn't really outgear it first could you

Catch 22?

*(Moreso there wasn't the tools built into the game engine to allow you to just click some butons and receive an invite to a heroic raid, right?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Imagine this: Blizzard allows Vanilla servers to operate because of its outdated content. Then other servers with outdated content happen, like BC, WotLK, hence even Cataclysm and MoP, just because it's outdated. Allowing even one of these servers operate creates a dangerous (for Blizz obv) exception. And keeping up official servers with outdated content seems just to be out of discussion.
    This has been brought up like 200 times and is an inconvenient truth. You will be answered with "If 30 french dudes can do it, Blizzard can and should" despite all realistic implications of such a scenario.