Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    People Pug LFR, people get LFR gear, they then pug normal, with lfr gear.

LFR is the only difference in the equation, which has allowed more than 2% of the gaming population to see a huge portion of the game.

If you want to argue the merits of LFR, make a thread. I have friends in vanilla who never got to see BWL because they didnt want to apply to a guild online.
    I dunno I really don't want to twist this into an LFR conversation, I'm pretty pro LFR as a concept, even if I think its implementation was a bit clumsy or heavy-handed. And it wasn't really what I was talking about anyway We can drop it; it's not particularly on topic. It's just frustrating when people equate the social state of the game today with what is has been when, yes, it was less accessable, and fewer people got to do everything; and say "You can still behave in the same manner as you did back then" as if behaving the same way in different environments is the "same thing".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    I can only think of two things in the last few years that has caused as much commotion as this. You can repeatedly remind me that they said no, and I will repeatedly remind you that there are thousands out there willing to continue this "discussion" in some form or another. Again, I'm not here to convince any of you of anything, but I appreciate the feedback.
    You must be ignoring the part where the majority of responses here are negative to the idea of vanilla servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    I said I'm done being constructive so....no?

It's cute when people like you speak in absolutes, even though this is an inevitability. Blizz will eventually make their own, sanction their own, or relax policing as the game nears the end of it's life cycle. Like it or not, there will 100% be legacy servers, in some form, in the future.
    Ooh you know the future 100% for sure? So tell me who wins the 2021 super bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Well playing on Nost wasn't business with Blizzard, so.. they're not shedding many tears over you.
    Also - feel free to do that. That's cool. Why do we need to know that?
    Because the dude I responded to said Blizzard didn't lose any business over this. I wanted to share that they lost at least one. It's just not because of this though, they've been acting like corporate assholes for a long time now. This was just one more of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    How so? What's bad about that graphic?
    He can't see it. Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Ooh you know the future 100% for sure? So tell me who wins the 2021 super bowl.
    Charlotte Hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You mean, aside from violating the law. But hey, laws are to be ignored when they get in the way of what we personally want, right?
    In practical application, it depends entirely on risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    You heard it here first folks. MC raids are harder than mythic 'arcade' raids in WoD.
    I think this thread has devolved. Once you get into comparing 'skills' for Vanilla... Time to shut it down IMO. Think this ship has sailed. Fun for a while though.

Also: stealing is stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And meanwhile, in retail WoW, we have a much more balanced class population distribution.
    and our server isn't shut down. Ho ho ho ho.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    But people know what is OP, that is why. The funny part that is how it would have played out of people have icyveins and all the resources we have now, and can you think of the crying about balance! People would lose their mind if blizzard tried that today.
    No kidding, I can already imagine the shitstorm when people tried to play some of those classes/specs and get denied because they are't viable.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Please tell me the part about Illidan is not true at all...... please!
    Hue hue hue hue. You are not prepared....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    There is no discussion. You have zero facts that prove a legacy server is anyway viable, yet at the same time crying about how blizzard is only about the money. I said before, but this is basically 4 year old's demanding a cookie, cause they want a cookie.
    Only at this point, said 4 year old would give up and go cry.

Hmm, I may have started a new forum game: Are you Posters Smarter than a Four Year Old?

No kidding, I can already imagine the shitstorm when people tried to play some of those classes/specs and get denied because they are't viable.
    But we keep hearing how the community there is good and helkpful so surely they wouldn't be elitist dicks if someone played what they liked. Right?

Think about all the people who spent so much time played on Nostalrius. Many got their epic mounts, maybe even legendarys. And everything took a lot of time at lvl 60, even leveling could take months as a casual player. I saw a screenshot of one guy who had every class at lvl 60, that will take months even a year.

And then they lost all that because blizzard decided to shut it down, thats really shitty done by blizzard tbh. Yes, by law they can shut it down, but when blizzard wont release a legacy server how else are they gonna play it?!

And all those people were blizzard fans, but they liked the old game more. So they let alot of fans down.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarian View Post
    Do you mind letting me know where it pulls these files?

I happen to currently be sued in a european country for actually creating an emulator, much like a WoW private server, and i do believe you are the one talking crap. I'll be happy to provide you the evidence of my case if you so please.

In my particular case, some data that would normally be under copyright is actually also used within "my" emulator, however it is never redistributed to the clients using my emulator, this is very important because i purchased the legitimate product and thus have rights to use this content locally, as long as i do not redistribute it.

All the assets within WoW, such as terrain, models, and location of structures is local. This is very easy to prove, simply browse the WoW folder for data/data and look. This is also very evident by running the wow sandbox client, you will notice that everything in the game is present without any data provided by a server, except of course for entities such as NPCs or mobs, as the location of these must be provided by the server which does NOT include transmitting any assets to the client.

If you happen to have any knowledge of creating server to client architecture, id be happy to hear any input from you regarding this, maybe you can open up IDA and ollydbg and provide me the pointers from the client from which it transmits actual assets to the client?

Thank you.
    /facepalm. You were close in your obfuscation of how NPC's and pathing respond to the client interactions. MPQ's are passed to the server containing positional data. That's from the client. The code involved in this transaction is contained in the client. This minor infraction alone is enough to warrant a case of infringement. But keep being high and mighty.

Fucking hilarious you're getting sued though.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I think this thread has devolved. Once you get into comparing 'skills' for Vanilla... Time to shut it down IMO. Think this ship has sailed. Fun for a while though.

Also: stealing is stealing.
    Yeah I imagine this thread is winding down and thankfully that should mean the shutdown of any more Private Server talk and be banable again on these forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Because the dude I responded to said Blizzard didn't lose any business over this. I wanted to share that they lost at least one. It's just not because of this though, they've been acting like corporate assholes for a long time now. This was just one more of those things.
    Could it be because they are a corporate?

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Not really, I've been trying to keep the negativity about retail WoD alive as well.

(not that this fanboyish forum didn't do that already anyway lol)
    The fanboyish forum has bashed WoD. How does that work in your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, you will.
    The moment the mods are done entertaining you little escapade of rule-ignoring.

You call that constructively?
    Let me post this once: You aren't getting an official server and you cannot have a private server.
    LOL dude... Remember that one time they said there was never gonna be a panda expansion? I do. I'm willing to bet that they are holding this off up until they drop below a certain threshold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Was an arcade player when I cleared MC, BWL, AQ40, 4 bosses into naxx before my guild took a free server move from lightbringer to gnomeregan. Am an arcade player when I play organized pvp.

Whatever champ
    You probably weren't. You are one now though

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I dunno I really don't want to twist this into an LFR conversation, I'm pretty pro LFR as a concept, even if I think its implementation was a bit clumsy or heavy-handed. And it wasn't really what I was talking about anyway We can drop it; it's not particularly on topic. It's just frustrating when people equate the social state of the game today with what is has been when, yes, it was less accessable, and fewer people got to do everything; and say "You can still behave in the same manner as you did back then" as if behaving the same way in different environments is the "same thing".
    Fewer is a pretty casual understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?