Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Resto Shaman Artifact Effect, Character Trial Boost, Blue Tweets, Setup of the Month

Season 5 Ending Next Week, Bluddshed's Starter Builds for S6

New Warlock Card Reveal - Possessed Villager; Druid Spell - Wisps of the Old Gods, Soggoth the Slitherer

HotD Finals & New Observer Interface, Murky In-Depth Tips & Tricks

Overwatch Patch 28484 - New Genji Skin, Competitive Splash Screen

Legion - Resto Shaman Artifact Effect
    Resto Shaman also get an effect from their Artifact weapon in Legion, though it isn't as exciting as the Fire mage effect. After you have been idle for several minutes, your character assumes the pose shown below and a blue swirl appears underneath you.

Legion - Character Trial Boost
    The latest Legion build added some interesting strings that point to players being able to boost a character to level 100 to try it for a limited duration. Unfortunately the process isn't enabled on the Legion Alpha right now, so we don't have more details.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • CHARACTER_BOOST_RECOMMENDED_SPEC_ONLY (New) - This specialization isn't available for a Boosted character. You'll be able to switch to this specialization later.
    • CHARACTER_BOOST_RECOMMENDED_SPEC_ONLY_NONE (New) - This specialization isn't available for a Boosted character. You'll be able to switch to this specialization later.
    • CHARACTER_TYPE_FRAME_NEW_CHARACTER (New) - New
    • CHARACTER_TYPE_FRAME_NEW_CHARACTER_NONE (New) - New
    • CHARACTER_TYPE_FRAME_NEW_CHARACTER_TOOLTIP (New) - Create a standard character.
    • CHARACTER_TYPE_FRAME_NEW_CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_NONE (New) - Create a standard character.
    • CHARACTER_TYPE_FRAME_STARTING_LEVEL (New) - Level %d
    • CHARACTER_TYPE_FRAME_STARTING_LEVEL_NONE (New) - Level %d
    • CHARACTER_TYPE_FRAME_TITLE (New) - Character Type
    • CHARACTER_TYPE_FRAME_TITLE_NONE (New) - Character Type
    • CHARACTER_TYPE_FRAME_TRIAL_BOOST_CHARACTER (New) - Class Trial
    • CHARACTER_TYPE_FRAME_TRIAL_BOOST_CHARACTER_NONE (New) - Class Trial
    • CHARACTER_TYPE_FRAME_TRIAL_BOOST_CHARACTER_TOOLTIP (New) - Create a new level 100 character and try it for a limited time. You have an option to apply a boost token to this character at the end of the trial.
    • CHARACTER_TYPE_FRAME_TRIAL_BOOST_CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_NONE (New) - Create a new level 100 character and try it for a limited time. You have an option to apply a boost token to this character at the end of the trial.
    • CHARACTER_UPGRADE_POPUP_BOOST_EXISTING_CHARACTER_TOOLTIP (New) - Apply your Level 100 Boost to an existing character
    • CHARACTER_UPGRADE_POPUP_BOOST_EXISTING_CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_NONE (New) - Apply your Level 100 Boost to an existing character
    • CHARACTER_UPGRADE_POPUP_TRY_NEW_CLASS_DISABLED_TOOLTIP (New) - Trial Boosts are currently disabled.
    • CHARACTER_UPGRADE_POPUP_TRY_NEW_CLASS_DISABLED_TOOLTIP_NONE (New) - Trial Boosts are currently disabled.
    • CHARACTER_UPGRADE_POPUP_TRY_NEW_CLASS_TOOLTIP (New) - Create a new Level 100 character and try it for a limited time. You have the option to apply your boost to this character at the end of the trial.
    • CHARACTER_UPGRADE_POPUP_TRY_NEW_CLASS_TOOLTIP_NONE (New) - Create a new Level 100 character and try it for a limited time. You have the option to apply your boost to this character at the end of the trial.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Fury of the Eagle is consuming all my stacks of Mongoose Bite when I use it, it's a bug or intended?
    This is a bug - Fury of the Eagle should not be consuming your stacks of Mongoose Bite. Thanks for the heads up! (WarcraftDevs)

Weird/stupid question: What's the bulk of quest design? What skills are needed?
    it's about 50% spawning (creature placement/actions/flavor), 40% mechanics (building spells and gameplay) and maybe 10% writing. (DaveKosak)

Computers - Setup of the Month
    Each month or so we will post a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!

This month
    The current SSD prices are fairly flat right now, with most SSDs under $0.50 per gigabyte when on sale. New GPUs may be coming later this year.

Depending on how much you want to overclock, you may need to spend a bit more for a better CPU cooler like the NH-D15.

Unless you are doing a lot of video rendering or streaming, you do not need the 6700K and should spend that money elsewhere.

Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date.

Don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions!

Peripherals/Monitors
    ComponentPuppy Dolphin
    MonitorASUS VS228H-P 22-Inch Monitor - $100ASUS VS248H-P 24-Inch Monitor - $129
    KeyboardKensington Pro Fit Media Keyboard - $22Logitech G105 - $50
    MouseLogitech G402 - $47Razer DeathAdder Chroma - $57
    SpeakersCreative A250 2.1 Speaker System - $28Logitech Z313 Speaker System - $51
    ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
    MonitorDell U2414H Monitor - $231Dell U2715H - $500
    KeyboardLogitech G710+ - $116Corsair K70 - $140
    MouseLogitech G502 - $80Razer Naga 2014 - $55
    SpeakersLogitech Z323 2.1 Speaker System - $53Logitech Speaker System Z523 - $70

Puppy and Dolphin
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Puppy and Dolphin.
    ComponentPuppy Dolphin
    CaseNZXT Source 210 - $48NZXT Source 210 - $48
    Power SupplyEVGA 600B - $40EVGA 600B - $40
    CPUAMD FX-6300 - $100AMD FX-8320 - $140
    HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $42Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $42
    MotherboardASUS M5A97 R2.0 - $95ASUS M5A99FX PRO - $115
    MemoryKingston HyperX FURY 8GB 1866 - $358GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $42
    Graphics CardMSI R7 370 - $125R9 380 / GTX 960 - $180 / $170
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB - $74Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB - $74
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $21Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $21
    Total$580$692 - 702

Narwhal and Unicorn
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn.
    ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
    CaseCooler Master HAF 912 - $64Corsair Air 540 - $110
    Power SupplyEVGA G2 650W - $100EVGA G2 650W - $100
    CPUIntel 6600K - $240Intel 6600K - $240
    HeatsinkScythe Mugen 4 - $56Noctua 6 NH-D15 - $89
    MotherboardASUS Z170-A - $162ASUS Z170-A - $162
    Memory16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - $7516GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - $75
    Graphics CardR9 380 / GTX 960 - $180 / $170GTX 970 - $304
    Hard DriveWestern Digital 2TB Caviar Black - $123Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black - $123
    SSDCrucial BX200 250GB - $65
    OR
    SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB - $88
    SanDisk Extreme PRO 240GB - $110
    OR
    SAMSUNG 850 Pro 256GB - $121
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $21Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $21
    Total$1076 - 1142$1289 - 1345

Dark Legacy Comics #532
    DLC #532 takes a look at Mythic Dungeons.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-04-11 at 12:09 AM.

This is really insensitive to post right now with Nost going offline not 5 mins ago.

Trial boost? I believe the end is near.

I like the resto shaman pose, pretty cool. I really hope ele gets some sort of thunder effect or something. Could be interesting.

Deleted
    inb4 nost cry babies everywhere, that comic is pure gold though

trial a level 100 to see if you like the class/spec instead of boosting it to 100 and going, oh actually i don't like the way the class plays then you've wasted money.

seems like common sense? try before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneleaf View Post
    It just means you can try out a class at max level, before making the decision of dedicating your time leveling it, or if you were boosting a char to begin with , this way you get better information on what is available to you. It's a quality of life change and will affect you in no way, unless you were planning to look into a new alt, or boosting a new char to 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneleaf View Post
    Or, you know.. maybe people want to test something before they commit to spending $60? Just a thought.

Nostalrius got what they deserved, they knew that what they did and it was just a matter of time until it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    This is really insensitive to post right now with Nost going offline not 5 mins ago.
    "Insensitive". We're now catering to people knowingly breaking the law? So they don't get triggered?

No, we're not.

Deleted
    Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the trial idea, I'm sure they will have their own little instanced area to practice on dummies or something, just to try the class out.. I see no harm in this. People always react with guns blazing before they even think about it...

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    R.i.p Nost, it was really fun seeing those 2k people in front of orgrimmar before the very end. Had like 2fps lol.

your setups are awful, only the unicorn is VR capable

Note to self - unequip artefact weapon before going afk to prevent looking like I'm squatting down peeing.

Deleted
    I really like the trail option. I leveled for example a warlock and a shaman, it was fun while leveling but i didn't like them on max level, so i stopped playing them. It could have saved me lots of time if i could just try them in a trail.

Think of all the time you'll have now to play Wildstar. It's the closest you'll get to vanilla wow and it's not illegal! Yay!

Assuming this trial thing happens (I think it's a good idea overall), really hope this part is just a beta thing...
    This specialization isn't available for a Boosted character. You'll be able to switch to this specialization later.
    In a time that 90% of our class abilities are locked to certain specs, what's the point of giving people a character trial if you don't let them try the spec they want?

What's this 'nost' thing everyone's talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    What's this 'nost' thing everyone's talking about?
    WoW private server that became obscenely popular and thus gained enough attention from blizz to be shut down. As per usual the blizzdrones on here will gobble up anything that gives them a reason to spite someone having fun outside the current retail expansion of WoW.