Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    And yet another promise bites the dust, though arguably *cough* world changing story content every couple weeks *cough* to be enjoyed by many players is more valuable than a ridiculous exercise in patience and repetition only a minority of a single class' playerbase will actually take the time to grind for.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Mikle is most likely cleaning up the shitfest that Chuckefuck Colin built up over the last 4 years.

Gotta give a nod to such a ballsy move tbh.
    I have to agree with this sentiment. We have at least a good year and a half before the next expansion (probably) hits the shelves, so there's plenty of time for Mike to show us what he's bringing to the table in Collin's stead. Only question is the quality of the updates in between now and that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its clear they have some hard limits on what they can and cannot work on at a given time and I also doubt their current dev team size/partitioning as well. The only people really losing out here are the players and its going to be an extremely hard sale convincing them that what you're doing is actually for the betterment of the game before more players just quit. As previously stated, I believe in the guy and yes, hard decisions must be made to improve situations sometimes.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's just it...I've never, ever, ever seen an MMO developer deliver on a "trade-off" promise like that.
    I'm not exactly optimistic myself. But in recent memory, there have been examples where changes in personnel and/or design have paid off. FF14 is reaping the benefits of having assigned Naoki Yoshida as game director ~5 years ago to unfuck the mess that was FF14 1.0 (resulting in A Realm Reborn as well as today's Heavensward expansion). Jay Wilson (among others, I suspect) got moved off of Diablo 3, then Reaper of Souls came to be.

Granted, both games aren't everyone's cup of tea. General consensus would be each got better after their respective changes. Here's hoping Anet finds some lightning in a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinia View Post
    God, the GW2 subreddit went up in flames over this. I think the drought and poor content implementation of Heart of Thorns made people severely angry, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back. A dev responded in one of the threads and he was basically chewed alive.
    Heh, no kidding. I happened to check it either last night or Saturday evening and to say the subreddit was up in flames over it is an understatement. I expected there to be backlash, but not to that degree. I want to say this backlash exceeds that of the time the dungeon reward nerfs were announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'm not really shocked to see people in an uproar over it, since really Legendary weapons have always kinda been "the endgame" for a LOT of GW2 players. It's almost (but not quite) like WoW announcing tomorrow, "There will be no more raids in WoW."
    I thought of the same sort of equation myself, but then Anet had to go and ruin it by adding raids to their game.

Not bashing that decision, btw, just pointing out how that addition kinda flubs drawing an equation between WoW raids and GW2 legendary farming. I haven't been on GW2 since HoT was 2-3 weeks old, so yet to touch the raids there.

Deleted
    what's next, no april fools event? ;(

Remember 6 people is a big addition to any team considering their raid team is also 6 people and i keep hearing how awesome of a job they are doing with the raids, i hope effects of these 6 people will be decent on LS3.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    what's next, no april fools event? ;(
    Given how many tears the last one produced, I wouldn't be surprised. Disappointed somewhat, but definitely not surprised.

Eh, I'd be surprised if nothing happens for April Fool's

10+ Year Old Account
    May be an unpopular opinion but I'm glad. Resources better used elsewhere. While the legendary collections they currently have a cool (apart from stupid and unnecessary resource dumps), they aren't panning out and bringing down other elements of the game. One skin shouldn't take six months to roll out, and you have to do one for each land weapon? They'd never get done with anything. People who are disappointed have to realize the skins wouldn't have came out if MO kept things as is. Legendaries aren't dead, the current design process is.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    The one things I found interesting is gone. Bye bye gw2.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    The one things I found interesting is gone. Bye bye gw2.
    i prefer more and better open world content and story then mindless grinding for a damn expensive weap thats sole porpuse is a cool skin......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    i prefer more and better open world content and story then mindless grinding for a damn expensive weap thats sole porpuse is a cool skin......
    Heh, then you're playing the wrong game.

Heh, then you're playing the wrong game.
    Better open world content and story instead of mindless grinding was the whole initial selling point of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Better open world content and story instead of mindless grinding was the whole initial selling point of the game.
    And, with a non-linear progression grind, skins are the only thing that matters.

And, with a non-linear progression grind, skins are the only thing that matters.
    That doesn't make any sense and could be said about any other activity in the game equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    actually legendaries have their benefits too like being able to switch stats on the fly

they aren't completely cosmetic
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    actually legendaries have their benefits too like being able to switch stats on the fly

they aren't completely cosmetic
    This is true. However, while it's a very nice perk, one could easily craft a new weapon with whatever stats they wanted (even ascended) for a lot less grind/effort than working on a legendary. Not including those who got their legendary via credit card, of course, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This whole expansion feels like one disappointment after another for me : /
    Sorry to bother you, but could you explain the let downs? I didn't get the expansion since imo A-net did nothing that deserved my money and I didn't trust them to change their course.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    GW2:HoT has had threadbare content delivery. Now that the base game is F2P the larger incentive is to introduce content that is playable by the largest majority of the player base. Legendary items are not content- why commit resources with a limited margin of ROI? Nonsense.

The game is Free-to-Play with multiple income streams. GW2 is not unprofitable and has only had historical growth and there is no evidence that no one is playing this game- the contrary in fact.

GW2 has a bit more than 30k players at the least.
    So if I understand you right the GW2 standard edition that released a long time ago is f2p but the expansion isn't. Is it purchaseable with gems yet, since as I understand you few players are willing to buy it with real money.

Could you give your opinion on if there's less people playing now than before the expansion hit?

To all, what's the popular opinion amongst "top-end" players/guilds irt raids?

sorry to go offtopic
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Gw2 isn't f2p the expansion is the base game now and cost money. It's still b2p. You can't get the base game without the other
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.