Lots of great videos coming out of this whole ordeal at least, like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    When you assumption is I think this is true. I can dismiss it by saying I don't think it is.
    Why would you post a counter argument that you didn't believe to be true? I'm going to go argue 1% milk is better than 2% milk when really I think 2% milk is better than 1% milk. What?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post

Dude, I just laughed so hard irl I'm crying.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Your problem is you think these terms of mutually exclusive, and hence while you probably don't run a company. That being said, that is the issue is it not? I feel it is save to assume they will eventually invest in a legacy server, just when? Part of the problem is many people want the when to be now.
    It's an opinion. What's the problem with that =P.
    There're a lot of details and numbers we don't know about, but a consistent theme on Blizzard's statements on this up to this point is that they want to "look forward" instead of back, regarding WoW's future. Sticking to that theme, I came up with those bullet points.

Dude, I just laughed so hard irl I'm crying.
    This video was great. I actually posted it on the official forums and it took them like 90 minutes before they actually deleted it. I was laughing SOOOOOO hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    they admited that there is a high demand for legacy servers, Tbh after i saw the rules for Blizzcon i think they want WoW to die as soon as possible, there is no other logical explination...
    To which rules are you referring? I'm curious. I don't see anything WoW-specific on their rules page.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Why would you post a counter argument that you didn't believe to be true? I'm going to go argue 1% milk is better than 2% milk when really I think 2% milk is better than 1% milk. What?
    Typos, and quotations for clarity.

When your assumption is "I think this is true". I can dismiss it by saying "I don't think it is".
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

This video was great. I actually posted it on the official forums and it took them like 90 minutes before they actually deleted it. I was laughing SOOOOOO hard.
    I had to laugh at it because deep down I'm not entirely sure that is not exactly what they are thinking in some cases.

I don't think openly mocking the person you are trying to convince you're right is a sound tactic.

LOL.

I was disappointed, I actually was hoping it was a real response. I am curious what they think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    How about this, I'll change my stance to pro-legacy servers as soon as you all agree on which version of WoW and what rules it'll have going forward in terms of restarting or rolling into new expansions, etc.

You won't be able too which is part of the problem that I'm sure Blizz realizes as well.
    Most legacy private servers went with 1.12, but slowly introduced the old raids and world content over time.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Most legacy private servers went with 1.12, but slowly introduced the old raids and world content over time.
    Agreed. Worked for Nost, should be the consensus of Classic realm supporters.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    To which rules are you referring? I'm curious. I don't see anything WoW-specific on their rules page.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/201...date-4-20-2016 this is the nail in the coffin. i think they are doing it on purpose... killing the game, theres no other logical explination

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Agreed. Worked for Nost, should be the consensus of Classic realm supporters.
    At least for vanilla.

What I think Blizz could do is make a legacy server with updated graphics, resolutions and integration into Bnet.

Other than that, they should leave it as it was originally. With all of it's imbalance, and all of it's glory.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    I don't think openly mocking the person you are trying to convince you're right is a sound tactic.

LOL.

I was disappointed, I actually was hoping it was a real response. I am curious what they think.
    At first I was under the impression that blizz wouldn't say anything but the response seems to only get greater and greater. I thought the petition was gonna die off when it started slowing around 50k for example, now it's at like 215k though, so at this point I'm starting to think blizzard at some point may in fact respond.

But yeah, the video is all in good fun but it is fun seeing how far blizz can go at this point without saying anything. Apparently a lot of people have been posting about this stuff on the forums and the mods have been overworked... and the very idea that people enjoy legacy servers appears to enrage people on the official forums. I still crack up though.... "rub a dub dub dub dub I'm a Potato"

Several posters have stated they don't want progressive servers. So now what? Do you alienate the other people by picking what you want or do you make multiple servers? If you make multiple servers can you group across servers? They'd have to include B.Net so you could communicate to your friends on different servers which would mean a lot of work on the old code which raises the costs.

Signature Created by Jassinta

At first I was under the impression that blizz wouldn't say anything but the response seems to only get greater and greater. I thought the petition was gonna die off when it started slowing around 50k for example, now it's at like 215k though, so at this point I'm starting to think blizzard at some point may in fact respond.

But yeah, the video is all in good fun but it is fun seeing how far blizz can go at this point without saying anything. Apparently a lot of people have been posting about this stuff on the forums and the mods have been overworked... and the very idea that people enjoy legacy servers appears to enrage people on the official forums. I still crack up though.... "rub a dub dub dub dub I'm a Potato"
    Sadly the reason why the forums is more vocally negative is to even post or like someones thread you have to have an active sub, at least in the sections that most of this stuff gets posted in. Considering a lot of the vocal people who want this probably aren't playing the game, it's hard to use the official forums for accuracy imo. There is also the White Knight wannabe community reps who try to assert themselves everywhere on the forums. I mean you even had a guy here who tried to quote the wall of no, but that was torn to shreds, and that is why you don't see that much here, but thrown everywhere on the WoW forums.
    Last edited by Eliseus; 2016-04-21 at 08:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Several posters have stated they don't want progressive servers. So now what? Do you alienate the other people by picking what you want or do you make multiple servers? If you make multiple servers can you group across servers? They'd have to include B.Net so you could communicate to your friends on different servers which would mean a lot of work on the old code which raises the costs.
    I don't see the problem with progressive servers. You get people to experience things like MC and BWL before moving onto AQ before moving onto Naxx. Gives something to sink their teeth into. I mean, sure, I suppose they could release legacy servers with all the old raids and old world content.

Makes me wonder how people would progress. Would they try to do AQ 40 or Naxx off the start? or would they try and gear up in MC and BWL and Ony?

I don't see the problem with progressive servers. You get people to experience things like MC and BWL before moving onto AQ before moving onto Naxx. Gives something to sink their teeth into. I mean, sure, I suppose they could release legacy servers with all the old raids and old world content.

Makes me wonder how people would progress. Would they try to do AQ 40 or Naxx off the start? or would they try and gear up in MC and BWL and Ony?
    But what about moving to TBC and WotLK? Is it still ok? Do you stop? Do you wipe the server and start over?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Progression servers are what I want, and personally what I feel would keep continual success for Blizzard. I don't know when those were released due to being so young during classic and only playing to like level 10 for what I can remember, but if those weren't released till later patches, people wouldn't really be able to start off at a later raid til that patch came. If they do the EQ route also, later tiers in raiding wouldn't even be unlocked on the server till the previous raiding tier was cleared by someone. So I guess it depends on the route they go. I'm all for anything, but would prefer the unlocking of a raid on the server ONLY after the previous raid has been cleared by any guild. Then like a 6month give or take unlock of the next expansion after the last raid was cleared. Actually, I would rather it be a majority vote after 6months to see if people want to go to the next expansion or not, if not, do another poll in 3months.
    Last edited by Eliseus; 2016-04-21 at 09:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    But what about moving to TBC and WotLK? Is it still ok? Do you stop? Do you wipe the server and start over?
    Those are questions I do not hold the answers to. Vanilla WoW is VERY time consuming, far more than people now are used to.

Leveling up takes time. Gearing up takes time.

But they are still excellent points. How would legacy content work?

And would they go to Wrath? Wrath was a high point for many, but I also feel BC was exceptionally strong and still old school. When did dungeon finder come out? Wrath?

Yeah... that'll make them take you seriously.