Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And what I'm saying is that Bernie doesn't support that violence. That's being caused by morons who are taking things too far.
    Just curious, but has he actually said that he is against it? If he has, cool, but I haven't heard it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well for starters, "So if you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them. I will pay for the legal fees, I promise."

That's not "burn all the Jews" or anything, but it sounds a lot like he asked for people to beat someone up for the act of lobbing a piece of produce. Not sure that's a redeeming quote.
    Not saying he's right in doing so, but I don't find that particularly bad.

Maybe if berniebros were causing problems, there wouldn't be a need to take such a harsh stance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I have never heard Trump speak poorly about the gay marriage decision or things of that sort.

Socially, Trump doesn't strike me as super conservative.
    "In an interview with Pat Robertson’s television network yesterday, Donald Trump insisted that anti-gay conservatives can rest assured knowing that he is committed to overturning the Supreme Court’s landmark decision striking down state bans on same-sex marriage. "
    - http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten....wh2yhyBF.dpuf

Oh no, look Trump actually is against it.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

IMO the protesters only end up helping Trump when they act like complete jack asses.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Don't these protesters realize, the only thing they are doing is making Trump more popular?
    Trump is only the beginning of our revolution. AMERICA FIRST!

#Trump2016

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    "In an interview with Pat Robertson’s television network yesterday, Donald Trump insisted that anti-gay conservatives can rest assured knowing that he is committed to overturning the Supreme Court’s landmark decision striking down state bans on same-sex marriage. "
    - http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten....wh2yhyBF.dpuf

Oh no, look Trump actually is against it.
    Time will tell what he does if he is elected.

I think he is more moderate. He is just trying to appeal to mainstream GOP voters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post

#Trump2016
    America First or Make America Great Again?

I wonder what is a better catch-phrase.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Well he doesn't want to abolish Planned parenthood so that's something, I guess. At least when compared to scorched earth policies Cruz has
    "We're not going to allow, and we're not going to fund, as long as you have the abortion going on at Planned Parenthood,” Trump said. “We understand that, and I've said it loud and clear."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-parenthood/

And I agree he supports some of their activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    My friend is a Trump supporter, and every time we talk about Illegal immigrants he talks about how we need to crack down on businesses hiring them. So i think many Trump supporters, at least semi-intelligent ones do agree, even if the ones you are seeing are dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe so. Lemme look.

- - - Updated - - -
    Woops that was about the Trump supporter sucker-punching the guy, nevermind.

he said “This ugly incident confirms that the politics of division has no place in our country,” Mr. Sanders said in a statement. “Mr. Trump should take responsibility for addressing his supporters’ violent actions.”

He called out trump, but what about his supporters that are causing problems at trump rallies? Double standard much Bernster?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post

I believe so. Lemme look.

- - - Updated - - -
    Woops that was about the Trump supporter sucker-punching the guy, nevermind.
    It appears from this article Bernie's trying to act as if the violence is only happening from Trump supporters, when I think most people (even liberals can agree) it's usually the Trump protesters (often Bernie supporters) that are committing the violence. He's essentially ducking this issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post

#Trump2016
    Based on your posts I see Trump has the white supremacist vote locked up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    It appears from this article Bernie's trying to act as if the violence is only happening from Trump supporters, when I think most people (even liberals can agree) it's usually the Trump protesters (often Bernie supporters) that are committing the violence. He's essentially ducking this issue.
    Bernie Sanders not confronting the issue? Would certainly fit his character.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We're not going to allow, and we're not going to fund, as long as you have the abortion going on at Planned Parenthood,” Trump said. “We understand that, and I've said it loud and clear."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-parenthood/

And I agree he supports some of their activities.
    Yeah I disagree with his anti-abortion stance but at least it's not just a blanket ban on the thing, because abortions are only a tiny portion of the services PP offers to women/couples.

7+ Year Old Account
    Time will tell what he does if he is elected.

I think he is more moderate. He is just trying to appeal to mainstream GOP voters.
    So you think he is lying then do you? So you support a lying, corrupt politician? Amusing. But somehow he is different than other politicians? Beat that tribal drum.

Violent protests are one thing I will never understand about American elections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Not saying he's right in doing so, but I don't find that particularly bad.
    Nah, it's not, but it's a direct instruction to commit violence. Yes, it's restricted, but it's direct instructions. I mean, he said he'd pay the legal bills (oh, that one guy who did hit someone...did Trump pay the bills? there was no tomato involved), so he knows what he's instructing is very likely going to get people arrested and tried. That's really not a great thing for a potential political leader to say. Not "burn all the Jews" bad by any stretch, but it's still not something he should have said.

Nor should he have suggested that one guy should have been beaten, because what he was doing was disgusting.

Nor should he have extolled the virtues of the "good old days" where protesters were treated "very, very rough" and get carried out in a stretcher.

Nor should he have said he wanted to punch a protester in the face.

It just sets a poor tone for someone that's supposed to be taken seriously as a peacetime leader in charge of enforcing the law. War and military action is one thing, but find one time Bush, the other Bush, Reagan, or hell, just cycle backwards for R-Presidents, and look for situations where they even suggested that civilian violence was something they'd be remotely okay with. It just doesn't happen much, at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you think he is lying then do you? So you support a lying, corrupt politician? Amusing. But somehow he is different than other politicians? Beat that tribal drum.
    You seem to be doing that well on your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    44 views and I'm the first to reply
    guess our resident Trump bashing SJWs have nothing to say cant think of any way to defend this violence
    They know these actions the violence which is going to get worse and worse is going to drive support to Trump in droves
    You really don't get to be surprised when the words "Trump", "rally" and "violence" are in the same sentence. Trump incites violence, on both sides. Don't pretend he hasn't obliterated the Republican party to the point where it isn't just LBGT, minorities or intelligent voters going against him.

Though I will say, forcing the Republicans to actually try this election cycle is fucking priceless. Every time I hear about Cruz and Kasich newest plan to foil Trump I can't help but think this is Spy vs. Spy vs. hatred infused toupee. There's only one way to describe people like Trump, Kaisch and Cruz. Cartoon Characters.

Edit: Which is why I guess people like you and the myriad of people like you enjoy them so much. It must be nice to have a favorite Presidential candidate that has your very own childish appeal.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2016-04-29 at 07:18 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I would agree he is more moderate then people realize.

I had one of my roomates try and tell me Trump was more conservative than Cruz. I laughed at them.
    Trump is an authoritarian right-winger, or at least that is what he has positioned himself as. I hate to bring up Hitler but he is a prime example of someone fitting that mold. Such people are in some ways not conservative but in others extremely so. On economic matters they are fairly moderate but on social issues or issues that have some aspect orientated that way they are extremists.

Thus trump does not want to privatize SS, he has talked about implementing single-payer healthcare, he has talked about taxing the rich more (whether these are his actual policy positions are another matter entirely), the sort of things his authoritarian right-wing supporters either want or are ambivalent about. Then you get to the real extremist bits, build a wall to keep foreigners out, force another nation to pay for it, stigmatize and hurl abuse at out-groups (blacks, women, minorities, muslims), bully or try to bully China, idolize other strong-man authoritarians like Putin, etc, etc. All these also fit the profile of what authoritarian right-wingers desire in a candidate.

To understand the why of this you need to know that right-wing authoritarians desire social order and like rigid hierarchical structures, so anything that challenges that such as social change, an influx of foreigners, or anything that they perceive as "other" whether home (muslims!) or abroad (also muslims!) they take as personal threats no matter how irrational that fear is (americans are more likely to die from a toddler with a gun than a terrorist). To forestall those threats they need a strong-man leader to protect them and fight the perceived threats. Thus we get the no compromise right-wing of the last decade (you don't compromise with threats you only fight and defeat them), leading most recently to Trump.

Based on your posts I see Trump has the white supremacist vote locked up.
    Yeah that sucks.

In other news, it looks that Bernie has the CPUSA (Communist party of the USA) vote locked in http://www.cpusa.org/bernie-sanders-...cal-revolution

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Yeah I disagree with his anti-abortion stance but at least it's not just a blanket ban on the thing, because abortions are only a tiny portion of the services PP offers to women/couples.
    But his solution is no different than all those states that defunded PP. The end result is no different than those other GOP' governors who defunded them.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Violent protests are one thing I will never understand about American elections.
    It gets really embarrassing.