Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    Deleted

Trump 41%, Clinton 39%

So, Trump will NEVER win the general election eh? LOL.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump with 41% support to Clinton’s 39%. Fifteen percent (15%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._41_clinton_39

Just wait till he actually starts in on vilifying her, that will be such a pleasure to watch.

Trump 2016! Making America Great Again!

Trump has my vote!!!!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    How cute that people think a poll for the general election matters at this point - and a Rasmussen poll to boot.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Well 2% is really close, especially with 5% undecided...I worry for our country when these are our options...but right now I'd rather almost anyone than Clinton.

Deleted
    Trump's the man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    So, Trump will NEVER win the general election eh? LOL.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._41_clinton_39

Just wait till he actually starts in on vilifying her, that will be such a pleasure to watch.

Trump 2016! Making America Great Again!
    Remember when Rasmussen's polling for 2012 had Romney with a 1% lead over Obama, just before the general election, where Obama walked away with a 4-point lead?

http://thehill.com/video/campaign/26...s-going-to-win

Yeah, Rasmussen's not the most reliable of pollsters.

Here's the RCP on the most recent polls; http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-5491.html

The ONLY poll showing a Trump lead is Rasmussen. Most of the rest are showing a 7-11 point lead for Clinton.

And before someone accuses me of cherry-picking on partisan bias, that includes the Fox News poll, with Clinton showing a 7 point lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same Rasmussen that polled for a Romney landslide versus Obama? Landline polling of old white people is so quaint.

Tell us more.

Your proof is that Trump supporters will vote Trump and Clinton supporters will vote Clinton?

Not only does this ignore the other 20%, you know, the ones that matter, this also ignored the electoral college system. Popular vote does not matter.

That is only if the option of staying home is removed. They are tied otherwise. Once Sanders drops out and his supporters stop moping like toddlers who can't have a cookie, it will start to reflect the real race.

Things to remember:

All polls have random error, and 5% will be outside the margin of error. This means that, given the number of polls that occur, that there will be a steady stream of "outlier" polls (in both directions). It's the nature of the beast.

Also, the media has a strong bias to the new or unexpected. So if 10 polls show Candidate A winning, and one show Candidate B winning, the media will tend to spend a lot more time reporting on the one poll favoring Candidate B, even though the smart money would be on Candidate A. There's a lot more value in looking at a polling average.

I'm afraid of Trump being President. I know Hillary is a liar and she probably wont do anything good for America, but if Trump has his way it would be a huge step backwards for America. I'm not interested in spending $100 on cloths and going to war with China. Sure, more jobs, but nobody would be able to afford anything anyway so...

I probably wont even bother voting. Too much trouble and I hate both of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you've got Stupidity against Corruption. No wonder why the polls are so tight.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    How did I guess it was a Rasmussen poll before I even opened the thread?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Well, you've got Stupidity against Corruption. No wonder why the polls are so tight.
    More like Stupidity and Corruption against Corruption.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braeldiil View Post
    Things to remember:

All polls have random error, and 5% will be outside the margin of error. This means that, given the number of polls that occur, that there will be a steady stream of "outlier" polls (in both directions). It's the nature of the beast.
    This is why I generally use conglomerate sites like RCP that collate a bunch of polls.

But it IS worth noting that Rasmussen's methodology has been much-criticized, and they've been spectacularly wrong more often than this normal statistical variance would explain.

Doesn't matter at this point. The real question is how long will it take one of them to do something stupid enough to launch the U.S. into either a civil or international war.

TAKIN' ALL BETS 10:1 TRUMP OPPONENTS START NEW SPREE OF STREET VIOLENCE LEADING TO MILITARY STATE

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    That is only if the option of staying home is removed. They are tied otherwise. Once Sanders drops out and his supporters stop moping like toddlers who can't have a cookie, it will start to reflect the real race.
    No need to mope. I'm writing him in.

First time I'll cast my vote since I turned 18 and feel good about my choice, as I won't be picking between red and slightly less red.

I still can't believe that so many Americans will vote for Clinton... I mean, I get why so many love Trump, but Clinton? Hasn't she proven already that she is not presidental material?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    More like Stupidity and Corruption against Corruption.
    I'm more afraid of Hillary than Trump, to be entirely honest. Both will lead to loss of power by the population, both will lead to corrupted agendas and both will drag the US down.

At least with Trump in, there's no other choice but to reform the system into something better, while Hillary would pay key people and keep the broken system in place.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Clinton is a joke. Not that Trump is any better, however, how can you vote someone that lie non fucking stop constantly?
    She constantly changes her political views depending to who she is talking at the moment.

Enjoy: