Page 3 of 224 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In itself, Crossroads of twilight is a bad book, yes. I can imagine how frustrating it must have been for readers who followed the series when it just came out. I only started reading the series after everything was released, and it's ok that way, since I didn't have to wait for the new book to come out, only to have very little happen in it.

Overall, Knife of Dreams is well received by most readers, from what I've seen. It's mostly Winter's heart and crossroads of twilight that people complain about. The ending to winter's heart somehow makes up for the rest of the book, though.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    In itself, Crossroads of twilight is a bad book, yes. I can imagine how frustrating it must have been for readers who followed the series when it just came out. I only started reading the series after everything was released, and it's ok that way, since I didn't have to wait for the new book to come out, only to have very little happen in it.

Overall, Knife of Dreams is well received by most readers, from what I've seen. It's mostly Winter's heart and crossroads of twilight that people complain about. The ending to winter's heart somehow makes up for the rest of the book, though.
    True. Knife of Dreams was like a heavenly gift after Crossroads.

I cant wait to find out how the fuck ageless eyes look!
    Thou im very sceptical to how good this series will be. The books were quite average. The majority of storylines didnt matter in the slightest, you just waited for it to be about rand again so the story could move forward. The forsaken were hyped up to be superbadass but died like gimps throu the entire book series. Oh and some dialogues were so fucking cringe.. Also, why are ppl fucking fainting all the time in this universe? and what is it about those goddamn shawls ppl keep adjusting.. and braids that keeps being pulled....

Id rather see a series about the Malazan books of the fallen. Immagine a pilot episode about the siege of Pale! Nerdgasm x10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Id rather see a series about the Malazan books of the fallen. Immagine a pilot episode about the siege of Pale! Nerdgasm x10.
    As much as I'd love a Malazan series, it would NEVER work. I mean look at all the complaints about GoT, then multiply that by a million. That's the kind of pain they'd face if they made a faithful Malazan adaption.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    As much as I'd love a Malazan series, it would NEVER work. I mean look at all the complaints about GoT, then multiply that by a million. That's the kind of pain they'd face if they made a faithful Malazan adaption.
    Ye i know, wishfull thinking.
    Im actually not sure what fantasybooks whould work best on the big screen. It wohuld have to be one that doesnt follow to many characters. Perhaps Sanderson's books whould work, they are quite actionpacked aswell. With clearly defined rules for how the magic works and what it can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Ye i know, wishfull thinking.
    Im actually not sure what fantasybooks whould work best on the big screen. It wohuld have to be one that doesnt follow to many characters. Perhaps Sanderson's books whould work, they are quite actionpacked aswell. With clearly defined rules for how the magic works and what it can do.
    Allomancy would be quite difficult to visualize, especially the internal metals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Allomancy would be quite difficult to visualize, especially the internal metals.
    But the fighting between mistborns whould be awesome

Deleted
    Seems impossible to adapt, but I'm curious anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think no Sanderson would work well. Not Mistborn though, Way of Kings.

It's almost he logical progression from GoT. Still has a similar vine, but with more magic, the magic is still simple and easily grasped though.

Plus, Shard Blades.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who greatly enjoyed the books (Though I've neglected to read the last two) I'm curious to see how this will turn out, and I wonder how much the story can be condensed without the page and a half descriptions of rooms, objects and people.

Those last two books in WoT are absolutely epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Those last two books in WoT are absolutely epic.
    Very true. The last one in particular was outstanding.

So Im guessing the IP finally got giving to someone that will actually use it and not just sit on it?if so yay hope it pans out well.

Deleted
    and here I thought Red Eagle Entertainment did a good job in their pilot episode of the WoT

/S

I thought you were serious for a moment and was concerned for your mental health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit. I seriously hope they do it justice, this could be great if they trim the fat in the right places.

The casting process is what intrigues me here. How many 6'4, red-haired, fair-skinned, ripped labourers do you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Holy shit. I seriously hope they do it justice, this could be great if they trim the fat in the right places.

The casting process is what intrigues me here. How many 6'4, red-haired, fair-skinned, ripped labourers do you know?
    1000s. If you find a non redhead and dye their hair.

Or go to Ireland...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Or go to Ireland...
    Well, let's not go crazy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... That ship sailed a long time ago, sorry.

So this news landed about the TV series recently... how excited are you about this?