Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    It's cute you people still thinking this is how it would work.

...it's not.
    Yea, it pretty much would be. I don't know how often you played private but every single server, hell even Nost albeit less so, sucks. Default MaNGOS is crap, and most of these private devs do hack job programming to get things to work quickly rather than properly.

Yea, there are players who will stay private because of it being free, but they will dwindle and eventually die due to there being an ever-shrinking population and this being an MMO game.

Deleted
    Sadly, the only good server to play on that's left is experiencing a DDoS attack atm. I honestly wish Blizzard had Legacy servers now, would pay to play, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Karenai View Post
    Yeah people got bored with Vanilla real quick.
    Gee by that logic the proper server to open would be WotLK and NOT Vanilla. You think Vanilla realms the 2nd time around would have that kind of growth? Come on now. There WOULD be people that would try it out, hate it, and drop it. And you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    Sadly, the only good server to play on that's left is experiencing a DDoS attack atm. I honestly wish Blizzard had Legacy servers now, would pay to play, no questions asked.
    Wouldn't put it past someone in this thread doing that to be honest.

Harassment is illegal, continue it and the authorities will be called.
    Last edited by TCGamer; 2016-05-12 at 11:22 PM.

Seasons are the only way to go in Legacy Server. reset them every 5-7 months. Make some achievements to go with it, maybe some transmog.

Just like Diablo Seasons, it will keep it fresh for those that want to play it, and draw veterans whenever they get bored. I understand the work Blizzard would have to do to impletement something like this, but I think it's worth it.

It satisfies all desires. Removes wall cap, gives incentive, and levels the playing field every year. Gives rise to many different aspect of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.
    "Attacked" rofl.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.
    Apologies on behalf of the pro-legacy crowd. We're a massive group, bound to be some assholes. Most of us (afaik) just want to play the game we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Seasons are the only way to go in Legacy Server. reset them every 5-7 months. Make some achievements to go with it, maybe some transmog.

Just like Diablo Seasons, it will keep it fresh for those that want to play it, and draw veterans whenever they get bored. I understand the work Blizzard would have to do to impletement something like this, but I think it's worth it.

It satisfies all desires. Removes wall cap, gives incentive, and levels the playing field every year. Gives rise to many different aspect of the game.
    You sir, just convinced me that legacy servers COULD BE awesome.
    I was discussing the point of vanilla servers or legacy servers or whatever and we couldn't figure out a way to keep things "new". This might just solve that issue.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Apologies on behalf of the pro-legacy crowd. We're a massive group, bound to be some assholes. Most of us (afaik) just want to play the game we love.
    Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE legacy realms AFTER WoW Retail's development has ended. Then I could go back and play Wrath & MoP to my heart's content. Until then, I don't want Legacy realms, as I want Blizzard to focus on moving the game forward and provide quality content for me (and my family) to play. (Which they failed to do for most of WoD.)

Don't apologize to someone like that. He literally just said he would DDoS you. This is the kind of toxic we are trying to avoid. He is playing the victim card while already determining the kinda person you are depending on what side of the fence you are on. Not worth your time.

Deleted
    So much for good arguments.. "Hey, dude, if you dont shut up with all your controversial arguments, i am going to packet storm you!"

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    So much for good arguments.. "Hey, dude, if you dont shut up with all your controversial arguments, i am going to packet storm you!"
    Haha, I don't even try to understand why some people say what they say. Their upset at whatever they happen to be upset at at that moment, they write down something childish, press "post" then sit back and keep refreshing the page to watch their comment become a heated debate. Luckily, so far, this comment has failed to do any of that. (btw, the comment I am referring to is TCGamers, not yours :P)
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Wouldn't put it past someone in this thread doing that to be honest.
    True, some people here are so butthurt about the fact that some people don't want retail / rather play vanilla, you'd think we offended their mother or somehing

Deleted
    I actually am very critical about nostralgius and legacy realms, but i think the only weapon to fight this war should be arguments. And think about the idea not to see it as war, but to share ideas and informations.

Don't apologize to someone like that. He literally just said he would DDoS you. This is the kind of toxic we are trying to avoid. He is playing the victim card while already determining the kinda person you are depending on what side of the fence you are on. Not worth your time.
    Yeah while I may not be on your guys side as Pro-Legacy I don't condone TCGamer saying he'd pay a DDSOer. That is just really weak and not helpful in this type of discussion. There has been many assholes on both sides of this thing over the past 25k+ posts in this thread. But shit like that helps no one.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I've seen a lot of dickheads on our side, it's only fair to show we're not all bad. No point in flaming him for flaming us, that's a endless cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I've seen a lot of dickheads on our side, it's only fair to show we're not all bad. No point in flaming him for flaming us, that's a endless cycle.
    Yep, I'm finding this with a large portion of the overly vocal anti-legacy and pro-legacy crowds. More emotion than factual information and understanding of how the overall systems work. Trying to correct any of that is borderline pointless because it conflicts with their narrative on the subject.

Just ignore and move on with a healthy level of debate.
    Last edited by Gavan; 2016-05-09 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Added descritor to be more accurate.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah while I may not be on your guys side as Pro-Legacy I don't condone TCGamer saying he'd pay a DDSOer. That is just really weak and not helpful in this type of discussion. There has been many assholes on both sides of this thing over the past 25k+ posts in this thread. But shit like that helps no one.
    Basically. I can understand it getting heated from either side. It happens in all arguments ever. This guy just brought stuff to a new level though. I don't even consider this kind of mentality to be for or against this idea, just straight up crazy person stating he would DDoS because his feelings were hurt. WTF dude, this is the internet. Get over it. Stop acting like all wrong doings are only one way. If Blizzard did give us a Legacy server should they be worried about people like him? Interesting thought to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I actually am very critical about nostralgius and legacy realms, but i think the only weapon to fight this war should be arguments. And think about the idea not to see it as war, but to share ideas and informations.
    So calling someone a Che (ad hominem) on a twitter account run by someone with the same avatar as you is "arguments". I call it name calling and personal attacks.

I started up on Kronos a few days ago and quested with several groups. There were a handful of WoD players trying it out for the first time. They were marveling about seeing people in the world, and people were helping walk them through how to do things (like class quests, learning abilities etc.).

On the WoW forums the sentiment is definitely in favor of Legacy Realms. Twitch and twitter seem to be in favor. MMO-champ seems to be 50/50. I have got to say that I think it is almost a guarentee. I have heard some preliminary information on the polls and it seems amazing the % of people willing to pay and sub.