Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are doing old raids purely for the endboss who has a 1% chance of dropping a unique mount. Removing it or making it available to a bigger audience isn't going to help the game.

I wonder, are you really just trying to troll, or did you not think this through at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    So why is Mr. Feasel talking about weeks and months then when its about new animations and textures? Do you pretend he is lying about that?
    I'm assuming that you can't really read by now.

NEW animations, NEW textures

The only really unique mount you could get on pve who weren't used in any other way is the mount from the lich king.
    even mimirons head was the head of the boss and just needed a minor adjusment.

Most of the Mounts are not new, they are resized models of other stuff.
    Last edited by Basso; 2016-05-21 at 12:16 PM.

So you complete the hardest content in the game and get a mount that doesn't adjust player power but is merely a cosmetic reward? Sounds like a pretty solid idea to be honest. Just like someone that gets Gladiator gets a mount for a season for being a top PVP player for the time.

Casuals get their mounts. They are in the store and in pervious expansions. You can do both at any rate of speed you like or not at all. I can sleep though ICC, kill LK, and have a shot an invincible.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2016-05-21 at 03:22 PM.

@OP
    There are a million mounts in the game and you come here to complain about mythic mounts. What a fucktard. Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    If anything, I'd be more irked by the more original looking/designed mounts showing up on the cash shop with no in-game method of obtaining them than I would with mythic difficulty having a unique reskin of another mount.
    If the cash shop mounts weren't unique and amazing-looking, nobody would buy them.

A sad truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Considering those kind of mounts are the primary reason I still go to those raids, yeah i'd say they have a neat return on investment.

current tier > bragging rights for those that can get it
    previous tier > opportunity for the average raider to get a mythic mount (ie blackhand mount now)
    previous expansion > usually farmable in a small group or skilled/geared solo (SoO, elegon, ToT)
    2 expansiona ago > usually soloable (cataclysm mounts)
    Exactly!

And by the time it's soloable, it's stilla rare drop. The people having the Mythic rewards while current by then have some new shinier reward. I'd say the system works pretty well in that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    If the cash shop mounts weren't unique and amazing-looking, nobody would buy them.

A sad truth.
    Hopefully in the future, they'll just be recolors of what available in-game with some little perk, and not cancel out getting equally great mounts from playing rather than paying...or they'll do away with store mounts entirely.

I used to be all for store mounts, and then WoD with its fucking boars and clefthooves and elekks and talbuks and "wolves" (technically worgs because they all run like their hips are bust) and hippos happened...they couldn't even put in the extra effort to give us wolf mounts running like wolves in this game, and failed to make the Iron Horde wolf a mount...#SaltyAF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    And it's not like you cannot get you hands on that Mythic mount at all. You have a couple of options to choose between.
    1). Do the work
    2). Pay the gold
    3). Wait for the next expansion
    About 1.) Do you think people could do mythic if they just were willing to invest time? They also need to be lucky to find a team. They need to be skilled. At the end its the same as if you would write "Do the work to become a millionaire!".
    About 2.) Pay the gold? I mean, do you really want to pretend that hiring a guild to "play" the game actually should be a legit way to get rewards for gameplay you wouldnt see otherweise? Is the payment option actually really a legit option in a computer game? I dont know any other game genre where people pay other people to get the shiny extrinsic reward.. for me, the ability to "buy" mythic rewards is just a example of blizzards sick implementation of a meritocracy in the game.
    About 3.) The next expac means that mounts get removed or are being put onto low drop rate. Also, reward visuals often fit to the current expac. You could also argument that people should not be able to see the content in total of the current expac and wait for one or two expacs to solo it. If we start that way, we end up in removing any accessibility.

I would like to know if you actually are a mythic raider yourself. Or if you ask for exclusivity for the few while you arent part of it.

Just to ensure its not hypocrisy and echo chamber opportunism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    I'm assuming that you can't really read by now.

NEW animations, NEW textures
    But that is what Hazzikostas talks about. Exclusive mounts as rewards which dont get any recolors and reuses anymore, to make them more unique.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You are delusional. No where in the interview with Jesse Ion said anything about not re-using old assets, except the spider mount - which was the point that of the question in the first place.
    He talked about exclusive mounts as rewards.

PvP mounts of any kind were always unique except for classic ones, and only remodels without the special armor were available at the end of an expansion.
    The idea to limit both mythic mount drops and pvp high end mounts to a few actually is not justified. I hope Mr. Morhaime shares my idea here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Exactly!

And by the time it's soloable, it's stilla rare drop. The people having the Mythic rewards while current by then have some new shinier reward. I'd say the system works pretty well in that way.
    And by the time raids are soloable the items still could be used as transmog gear. You are starting a dangerous discussion here. At the end you argument to remove any accessibility to actual content, as people could do it in the next expacs.

Hopefully in the future, they'll just be recolors of what available in-game with some little perk, and not cancel out getting equally great mounts from playing rather than paying...or they'll do away with store mounts entirely.
    Do you really believe blizzard will remove exclusivity from items they may sell for a lot of money?

That would be at least.. interesting.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-21 at 05:16 PM.

And by the time raids are soloable the items still could be used as transmog gear. You are starting a dangerous discussion here. At the end you argument to remove any accessibility to actual content, as people could do it in the next expacs.
    Uh, I sure as fuck do NOT argue that.
    There will always be more mounts obtained through simple, accessible-to-the-masses content than there will be mounts exclusive to content aimed at the 1%. Having some items be exclusive in an MMORPG as reward for content not tackled by anyone but still ACCESSIBLE should you choose to try, is completely justified and perfectly fine.

Your options are to get the rewards while current by putting in the effort, or waiting until it becomes soloable. Meanwhile, there are tons of mounts for you to be obtained in current content that were never meant as exclusive rewards to the top percent. Want those shinier rewards? Then fucking pursue them instead of whining that they're not handed to you.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-21 at 05:00 PM.

Deleted
    Uh, I sure as fuck do NOT argue that.
    Sure you do. You want people to play current content when its old to get the rewards. It's the same as if you would argue to remove accessibility as people could play the same content in 2 expacs.

Who needs LFR if you can solo it in 4 years?

Your argumentation is as broken.

And .. do you want to tell me that soloing old content was an intended mechanic by the devs to get old rewards?

And dont you think it would be more interesting for those players to play current content if there wasnt a brickwall they could not take?

I actually know players that play old expacs only. Nothing but old expacs. As current content does not appeal them. As they want to play solo. Blizzards goal should be to appeal those players with current content. As the "old reward schedule" is as broken as the idea to limit current content to a few only.

- - - Updated - - -

Your options are to get the rewards while current by putting in the effort, or waiting until it becomes soloable.
    While "effort" is just a buzzword and subjective. The daily quest player also thinks he puts in effort into the game as much as its possible for him. The matchmade only pvp player also thinks he puts in effort as much as possible for him.

At the end every player wants a reward for playing the game. It's common in RPGs to allow different difficulties which reward different player progression in means of character power while vanity items are available to anyone.

I wonder you did not add the "pay a raid spot"-idea. It is surely as broken as asking people to wait four years to play current content in their favorite gameplay to actually get rewards which have the assets of expacs which are long over. And it is surely as broken as asking people to put in "effort" while you just arent successfull in mythic raids only because you put in effort. And as i said, effort is subjective. Is it useful to diminish the effort of a playstyle only because a minority does not accept it as viable?
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-21 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually know players that play old expacs only. Nothing but old expacs. As current content does not appeal them. As they want to play solo. Blizzards goal should be to appeal those players with current content. As the "old reward schedule" is as broken as the idea to limit current content to a few only.
    This the most stupid thing i heard today.
    if they want to play solo there are plenty single player games out there.

WoW is a MMORPG, Massive-Multiplayer if you don't know, solo stuff doesnt matter.....
    Last edited by Basso; 2016-05-21 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    This the most stupid thing i heard today.
    if they want to play solo there are plenty single player games out there.

WoW is a MMORPG, Massive-Multiplayer if you don't know, solo stuff doesnt matter.....
    60% of all players of MMORPGs are solo players. Quoting Jeremy Gaffney, again.

I hear the same dogmas and misinformations you actually use over and over.

inb4 "jeremy who?"

Dogma: MMORPGs are about organized group play only.
    Reality: (more than)60% of the MMORPG players use matchmaking or are solo players.

If the friendly participants of this threads would not just reuse arguments over and over which already have been debunked over and over it could become a fun conversation.

That, and the idea the "GIT GUD"-criers could move to another echo chamber effect..
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-21 at 05:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know what kind of tunnel vision you got going on but i guess its coz your not that experienced.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    I dont know what kind of tunnel vision you got going on but i guess its coz your not that experienced.
    Hey, wow, argumentum ad hominem. Is that actually your only argument on this discussion? Or will you finally start to bring in real arguments?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Your beloved Asmongold has both, pvp and pve mounts. Is that why you dislike him? :P
    Asmongold is so overrated, like...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Will there ever be a thread where Rym doesnt get #rekt by everyone?

I also read some of his blogs and i must say that its among the worst crying out for attention ive seen in a long while even jaylock cant beat it.
    The open letter he made on his blog to mike morhaime as a counter to the legacy one is laughable, regardless whether or not you agree with the legacy thing. This is a guy who spew a lot of shit while providing zero sources to back it up, as well as not knowing the difference between an uneducated opinion and a fact.

there's no point to them imo except for people to show off some kind of corny achievement. Don't mythic raiders raid for the challenge? Why do you need a mount for just that part of the game?

Let's find another 1% of the population and cater to them as well. I don't know maybe find the 1% who complete ironman challenge and give them some non reskinned mount or something.

Catering to the 1% caused the whole paradigm shift to begin with. You know the 99% started to complain that everything is for raiders and that they're paying for the game as well and should be catered to as well. It was wrong from the get go but blizzard is stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    sry but you cant say mythic raider mounts are prestige when you can obtain them even after content is over and you can buy them not like PVP mounts where you need to be Top 0,5%
    What? you can buy glad/rbg mounts just like you can buy PvE mounts.

Deleted
    Soloing old Raids is considered content, hence the buff you get inside old Raids since the stat squish. Raid mounts, except a very few ones (under 10) are still available thanks to that and the bmah.

PvP mounts are way worse.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2016-05-21 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    The open letter he made on his blog to mike morhaime as a counter to the legacy one is laughable, regardless whether or not you agree with the legacy thing. This is a guy who spew a lot of shit while providing zero sources to back it up, as well as not knowing the difference between an uneducated opinion and a fact.
    Well, i at least do not use argumentum ad hominem to argument my "uneducated opinion".

- - - Updated - - -

Soloing old Raids is considered content, hence the buff you get inside old Raids since the start squish. Raid mounts, except a very few ones (under 10) are still available thanks to that and the bmah.
    Soloing raids was only considered content after players started to solo raids. Still, that gameplay never was actively supported at the start. In the meanwhile blizzard adds mounts and pets to old content as they see players playing the old content as dedicated solo content.

It is not blizzards intention here that made old content viable as current content, but players only choice to get rewards whichs astethics are locked behind minority content in current content.

Believe me, if the people who are being forced into old solo content would have the opportunity to play the current content for the rewards, they probably would do so. And i believe, blizzard should try to get the solo players into actual gameplay, and not act as if old content is entirely made for the solo players.

It infact is just a trash product of the level progression. Blizzard never intended that to be main gameplay.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-21 at 05:47 PM.

Hazzikostas recently said in a interview, that blizzard is not willing to add reskins anymore to the game. So it seems they want to change that.
    There will likely be many store only mounts to cover the costs.
    sry but you cant say mythic raider mounts are prestige when you can obtain them even after content is over and you can buy them not like PVP mounts where you need to be Top 0,5%
    Not to mention a number of PVP mounts have been more than just a recolor saving only animation resources and yet where is the QQ about how exclusive PVP mounts are and their justified use of assets.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2016-05-21 at 05:50 PM.