Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Here we go again, Rym the lazy salt player who feels hes entitled to beat the game because he beat LFR :>

Guess what Rym, If you can't beat the mythic content (unlike like the thousands of guilds who managed to by now) then you don't deserve a mythic reward

Stop trying to take away special rewards from people who put in effort. We play a different game than you do, we do research and try to improve and thus we should be rewarded differently.

Simply giving us the option of playing a difficulty who is challenging is not enough. Just because you are salty about not being able to purchase our mythic rewards in Blizzards store, doesen't mean that you can't ever improve and get it yourself, or maybe clear it long after multiple times with a chance of getting it.

I hate this envious rhetoric i see from people like you, all i see is salt and entitlement, well guess what - you SUCK, stop spending all day on the forums and try to improve at the game instead of complainting about a "minority" who has earned this vanity reward.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

I think every aspect of a Mmo should have some sort of high end tier reward in it for the player to encourage them to keep on playing and striving for it, whether it'd be from raiding, PvPing, collecting things such as mounts or pets and so on. Although erase Lfr off from the reward list as they might be then more inclined to use what of the raiding "experience" they got from doing those in joining Normal and above difficulties if they want the same things like their fellow players.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Even if that's the case, you're talking 20-40k players who have it, out of 5 million. What's that, like 1% of the WoW population? Even less if the subs spike up for Legion.
    I mean, that is the case? I'm not sure what is unclear about that. I'm just saying, you did the exact thing the other guy did that you yelled at, only in the opposite direction. I don't really care about this argument, just wanted to point out that all of this speculation on the number of mounts was easily remedied with a little math and brain power.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    If there's one thing mythic raiders have always wanted, as shown by their hate of anyone else getting anything even remotely similar to them whether it's gear or mounts or seeing raids in non mythic, it is to feel special and unique, so giving them special and unique mounts scratches part of that itch, even though it's never enough.
    As a Mythic raider, I've not once had a problem with others having rewards. Better rewards being hidden by the highest tier of pvp or pve content was always a thing afaik.

The people bitching the most about LFR, other raid difficulties, epic gear etc etc are also VERY often part of the crowd going "The game has no challenge anymore which is why I won't raid or pvp at a high level, I'm too good for it!!"...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you take the time to do something that not everyone else does, you should be rewarded with something that nobody else can get. Not just a silly achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    If the cash shop mounts weren't unique and amazing-looking, nobody would buy them.

A sad truth.
    I'm fine with them being amazing looking. It's the fact the skins are unique that's more annoying. Even a shitty recolor available via in-game means would be a nice bone to toss to people still subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I'm fine with them being amazing looking. It's the fact the skins are unique that's more annoying. Even a shitty recolor available via in-game means would be a nice bone to toss to people still subbed.
    Even though I hate blizzard's cash shop, you've got to admit they gave us a shitty skyscreamer which looks similar to the shop one! ^^

Exactly how expensive are the mythic-only mounts to develop?

Also, as you're a fan of "Skinner-box" design, don't you think it's important to give a special treat to the people who press the more difficult buttons?

I don't know what the devs are upto but yes limiting mounts! well not a very good option

Quote Originally Posted by imzhell View Post
    I don't know what the devs are upto but yes limiting mounts! well not a very good option
    Yeah because it is very limiting to either A): Get good and do the content. B) Buy it with gold C) Wait an expansion or two and solo it.
    If you are going to complain about a Mythic-only mount then I can't even begin to imagine your tears when I tell you that the Infernal mounts are most likely Gladiator-only, which means you have to be in the top 0.5% of the specified season or lose the chance to get the mount forever. That is limiting, not a mount that stays there forever with 3 options in how you can tackle it.

Deleted
    Is it justified but I think that there should be a LFR-only mount too. Would give people a reason to run LFR. It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Is it justified but I think that there should be a LFR-only mount too. Would give people a reason to run LFR. It's fun.
    The reason to run LFR is for people to see content. You shouldn't get rewarded for something you can afk through (done that multiple times because it is a snore fest). The rewards for something as trivial as LFR are already good enough. There is the normal difficulty which isn't hard and you can get a mount by doing it through the meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    The reason to run LFR is for people to see content. You shouldn't get rewarded for something you can afk through (done that multiple times because it is a snore fest). There is the normal difficulty which isn't hard and you can get a mount by doing it through the meta.
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons and sometimes even harder than Normal since some mobs have lower stats on normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I wonder, why the devs actually want to limit mounts, which are very expensive assets, to some mythic raiders only, while there would be an easy way to give these mounts to the majority of players just by recoloring them.

Exclusivity for some few players is not really healthy, if a game lacks in content and in usefull extrinsic rewards in total. Actually, organized raiding already gives the best extrinsic rewards to a small minority only, so i really wonder whom should be adressed by shiny mounts, if most of the mythic players are progress-gamers, which see their main benefit in sheer progression?

At the end, the vanity items adress a complete different playerbase. Those that collect cosmetic items, and which are mount collectors. My impression is, that blizzard tries to act as if special mount designs would be needed to bring prestige into the endgame, while i believe that mythic raids are already prestigious enough due to the fact only a small minority play or even master them.

The prestige comes from participating, and not from vanity items.

I really wonder how the effort for special assets for a small minority as like mythic raiders is being justified, if mounts would adress the broad audience of players way more likely. As it's rarely about the best gear for those players. At the end, blizzard should think about rewarding every player for playing their game, and allow as many ways as possible to acquire vanity items and progression gear.

The best solution is to give players of the other raid difficulties (including LFR) a recolor of the mount the mythic raiders get. That also would remove the idea people would feel forced to hire organized raiders for gold to “play” the game. As like renting a raid spot in one of those meritocracy-based raiding guilds.

What do you think? Should there be a large effort to create expensive rewards for small minorites? Or would you be happy if players who play on a lower difficulty would get the same rewards as recolored or less detailed version?
    if prestige came from participating they'd be in LFR wouldn't they? so no, no my dear. prestige is for the best, the prestigious, not everyone is that, or cannot/has the time to achieve that

edit: or has the gold to purchase that, kek

- - - Updated - - -

LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons and sometimes even harder than Normal since some mobs have lower stats on normal.
    it might not be easy for you, but its most definitely easy. thats why it was created, more accessible for the masses

Gladiator exclusive mounts are absolutely justified.

PvE ones... I guess, no great harm in it. Would prefer the pinnacle rewards be as exclusive as they can be, including gubbins in and on top of "normal" mounts or cosmetics (Shadowmourne trinkets like Sylvanas music box etc. as an example, although with the game in its current state those thigns are hardly "rare" types of gear. But if they made the Mythic only mount 10% faster or summon instantly I'd be okay with that. Likewise with the Gladiator ones). Such as in TBC I think the only 310% mounts were A'lar and Gladiators Netherwing Drakes. Powercreep w/e if they made the mythic only/gladiator ground mounts 120% speed I'd be okay with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

By this logic at some point this will come to :

"Well guys, it seems like 11% of the player base plays hunter and only 5% plays monk, so you will work twice as much on the hunter set than on the monk one".

I haven't had much experience with LFR in WoD (Or any content as I've been playing only a little during this expansion because of studies, only 2 months in 6.1 and 2 months in 6.2) but I've done my fair share of Highmaul and BRF LFR and normal and to tell the truth, the normal groups were subject to wipes while in the LFR I would just keep spamming 'Incinerate' as a Destro lock and watch an anime on the other half of the screen. Even standing in stuff didn't kill me. The only time LFR was a bit difficult was in MoP, 5.2. About the stats on each difficulty I am unsure as I didn't pay much attention to it but in mythic dungeons I needed to play well to defeat it at my low ilvl, compared to a bit of HFC I did on LFR where I could just let everyone carry me really easily, along with a bunch more players that were slacking or didn't have a clue about how to dps.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If you can't take part in the most challenging content then why do you deserve the rewards, there has to be some rewards for doing the most challenging content as what would be the point if everyone could get the same things, there has to be some exclusive stuff available for challenging content, its not as if it takes long to create a mount so it's not detracting from other areas of the game.
    It is not a question of who deserves what etc. It is about allocation of resources and whether the returns is worth the investment.

It really depends on the cost involved, in terms of people and time.

If players get mounts for doing LFR then I want all the gladiator mounts too ! I only reach 1.8k every season, but it would be so unfair not to give me those mounts. Right ? I mean, I could try and get 2-3 mates to do arena with and try to push somewhat near the sweet x%, but I'm just lazy. Still, I'm playing Blizzard's game and they should reward me for doing so !

Really for this change, let's just send every player every mount that's locked behind a specific difficulty. /s

NOT REALLY EASY

Wait what ?! How can you not find LFR easy af ? Guess I've seen everything on this forum now.
    Last edited by dopefishz; 2016-05-23 at 04:22 PM.

Deleted
    You're saying people who really like Time walking Dungeons should get (3) unique mounts but people who kill mythic raids shouldn't?