Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    I'm wondering what people think the sentence for what seems to be a non violent rape should be, I would hope most would agree that the "Kidnapping a midnight jogger and raping her at gunpoint" probably deserves the MOST severe sentence, this would seem to be as far on the other end of the spectrum as possible.

Why the fuck would it be? It's pretty close to that scenario. This guy dragged a barely conscious woman away from the party, behind a dumpster, she got blood, bruises and dirt all over her, including her vagina, and from what I understand he didn't only finger her, but inserted objects into her.

And consider this: he was caught doings this, by two strangers, upon which he ran away but was caught. Which means we have NO IDEA how far this might have gone. He may as well raped her with his penis as well, or with a broken bottle, or killed her. Who the fuck knows?

All this behind a dumpster, where he dragged her, so that her own sister (who was searching for her) couldn't find her.

This is definitely a very violent rape, and considering it got stopped in-between, could have gone even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Depends on where he claims he's from. Here we're not allowed to send people back if they might be in any "danger". Of course there is welfare, even illegal immigrants receive free healthcare and schooling here.
    He has to prove that he is from a country where he would be in danger. Translators would ripp holes in his constructs of lies and he would get into jail again . And then get deported, not worth it.

You get no welfare if you life in the wilds without official existing . Thats what I meant with illegal. You can get welfare as a illegal immigrant if you get tolerated = you are qued for deportation but we are not allowed to do it because your life is at risk.

Dont know how well US fingerprint data is linked to data here.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-06-08 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Lawl, no. Minimum should be 10 years for it and then death penalty as the maximum.
    Never go full retard. Though it seems to be your M.O

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    That's exactly what he said. Whether that's what he meant or not is besides the point. You're assuming that's not what he mean, but based off of what? Do you know the guy personally? If he didn't mean it then he should've put a bit more thought into the letter because as of right now that's exactly what he said.
    My hope for humanity in general makes me assume that he meant "action" as in "doing something" - as in he did something that took 20 minutes and it he doesn't think it should ruin his life. An understandable reaction from a father. Still wrong tho. A murder can take half a second and should definitely ruin the murderer's life as punishment.

The way he wrote it seems to mean that "action" is equivalent to "gettin' sum" which would make the father a scummy scum scum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Never go full retard. Though it seems to be your M.O
    Punishing criminals isn't "going full retard". The penalty should be proportionate to the crime. There are no extenuating circumstances for rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Universities making administrative decisions is not in any way a "kangaroo court", nor is that punishment "almost equal to being forced to register as a sex offender".

And all of that's just an attempt to derail from the actual point, here, which is that a rapist got off way too lightly.
    university records are as open as a criminal record and do you think it makes a dam to an employer if you was convicted of being sex offender from a university kangaroo court or a court of law? the impression the employer will have and the consequences are the same

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    university records are as open as a criminal record
    No. They are in fact not open to the public.

and do you think it makes a dam to an employer if you was convicted of being sex offender from a university kangaroo court or a court of law? the impression the employer will have and the consequences are the same
    See above. Please, for the love all that is holy, learn stuff before you post. The world will be a better place.

10+ Year Old Account
    university records are as open as a criminal record and do you think it makes a dam to an employer if you was convicted of being sex offender from a university kangaroo court or a court of law? the impression the employer will have and the consequences are the same
    You're still derailing. But yes, they're completely different, and the sex offender registry requires a whole hell of a lot of things that an expulsion from a university would not. Trying to equate the two is completely ridiculous. And no, university records are not open to the public.

Regardless, we're talking about an actual criminal case, here, so none of that's even relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    My hope for humanity in general makes me assume that he meant "action" as in "doing something" - as in he did something that took 20 minutes and it he doesn't think it should ruin his life. An understandable reaction from a father. Still wrong tho. A murder can take half a second and should definitely ruin the murderer's life as punishment.

The way he wrote it seems to mean that "action" is equivalent to "gettin' sum" which would make the father a scummy scum scum.
    Give the boy 20 years for 20 minutes, and the father 10 for apologizing and harboring a felon. Problem solved. Should teach them both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by cam5778 View Post
    Anyone else been following this case? I think jail time isn't going to matter. This kid's life is over, as it should be. He has lost his scholarship and all his hard work with his success in swim competition. Worse, he is now a registered sex offender, which means he's screwed in the job market and where he can live. I wonder if people consider jail time for this kid is just as bad as his reality outside of jail.

Not to say it's the victim's fault, but it should be hard lesson for girl's these days to be prepared. We can't control the people who carry out these crimes, but this definitely could have been prevented. In this poor girl's case, she was 3 times passed the legal limit. When I was in college (2 years ago), I had a lot of friends that were women. I never cockblocked them, but I could tell when guys were getting too close. I would wrap my arm around one of them and it would be an instant end from there.

To me, college rape cases shouldn't happen if people were smart about going out and partying. Again, I'm not implying the victim is responsible and had it coming, but if she was prepared, it might have not happened. Maybe we need to grow out of the idea "it can't happen to me."
    It is victim blaming. You're saying they don't do enough or should be a certain way or should never leave home without a man to put his arm around her to claim her. You're saying they are too attractive or vulnerable. You're no hero. Why not curfews and chastity belts?

Are you saying it's ok to get a short trivial sentence because blah blah scholarship and job markets? .......The same stuff vast numbers of mediocre people contend with despite not being registered sex offenders.

Edit: The onus to control behaviour should be on rapists, not women. It's rapists who should take precautions like drinking less.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2016-06-08 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cam5778 View Post
    Anyone else been following this case? I think jail time isn't going to matter. This kid's life is over, as it should be. He has lost his scholarship and all his hard work with his success in swim competition. Worse, he is now a registered sex offender, which means he's screwed in the job market and where he can live. I wonder if people consider jail time for this kid is just as bad as his reality outside of jail.

Not to say it's the victim's fault, but it should be hard lesson for girl's these days to be prepared. We can't control the people who carry out these crimes, but this definitely could have been prevented. In this poor girl's case, she was 3 times passed the legal limit. When I was in college (2 years ago), I had a lot of friends that were women. I never cockblocked them, but I could tell when guys were getting too close. I would wrap my arm around one of them and it would be an instant end from there.

To me, college rape cases shouldn't happen if people were smart about going out and partying. Again, I'm not implying the victim is responsible and had it coming, but if she was prepared, it might have not happened. Maybe we need to grow out of the idea "it can't happen to me."
    wtf are you feeling soory for the creeper ? he attmepted to rape drunk girl and got pusnished for it - justice got served. if the girl is intoxicated or nearly unconsius you keep your d..k in your pants and dont molest her its that simple.

I don't think anyone's ignoring that. The point is that registration as a sex offender isn't based on the severity of the crime, but the nature of it. The punishment is supposed to be the jail sentence, which in this case is shockingly light, given the nature of his crimes.

I find the whole thing especially galling because every news source keeps referring to this shithead as a "Stanford swimmer". His athleticism is completely fucking irrelevant. I don't care if he was going to win an Olympic gold medal and set new world records; he's a rapist, and that's that. There's no reason to bring it up, other than to try and say that maybe he's not such a bad guy, because hey, he can swim real good.
    Well for the media and the viewing public, who you are or what you do is more important than the crime you commit. If you're an athlete, teacher, cop, politician, fire fighter etc your crime will get more clicks than a more serious offense by a nobody. Not saying this isn't a serious offense but you get the idea. A simple article about a sexual assault isnt going to get the same attention as one involving a prestigious university and star athlete.

You're still derailing. But yes, they're completely different, and the sex offender registry requires a whole hell of a lot of things that an expulsion from a university would not. Trying to equate the two is completely ridiculous. And no, university records are not open to the public.

Regardless, we're talking about an actual criminal case, here, so none of that's even relevant.
    let me put it another way
    if you believe how universities operate their kangaroo court and the absurdly low burden proof is fair and just then you most also believe Bill Clinton is guilty of rape
    do you believe Bill Clinton is guilty of rape?

10+ Year Old Account
    6 months is far too short for a rapist, doesn't matter if his "life" is over outside of prison you do the crime you do the time. Everything else that follows once you get out was your own fault and I'm not gonna have any sympathy for a rapists social life outside of prison. But whatever 6 months it is, so long as he serves that whole time I'll be content none of his early release shit for "good behavior".

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    I'm wondering what people think the sentence for what seems to be a non violent rape should be, I would hope most would agree that the "Kidnapping a midnight jogger and raping her at gunpoint" probably deserves the MOST severe sentence, this would seem to be as far on the other end of the spectrum as possible.
    "Kidnapping a midnight jogger and raping her at gunpoint" includes several felonies, all of which would impact sentencing. Before you even get to charges of rape and sexual assault, of which there could be several individual charges depending on what the assailant did to the victim, you have (a) aggravated kidnapping, (b) false imprisonment, (c) assault, (d) assault with a deadly weapon, and (e) use or threatening display of a firearm in the commission of a felony. And the assailant can be charged with multiple counts of these felonies depending upon how the events of the crime unfolded.

And again, this is before you even get to sexual assault and/or rape charges. In California, where Stanford University is located, aggravated kidnapping alone carries a minimum sentence of five years. Throw in multiple assault, ADW and rape/sexual assault convictions and a person is looking at decades in prison.

The point of all this is that a person who "kidnaps a midnight jogger and rapes her at gunpoint" isn't just going to jail for the crime of rape. And that, actually, the crime of rape is not going to constitute the bulk of the charges that create his sentence.

Turner was found guilty of three charges: (1) assault with attempt to rape, (2) sexual penetration of an intoxicated person with a foreign object, and (3) sexual penetration of an unconscious person with a foreign object. The question is whether or not six months in the county lockup, three years of probation, and mandatory participation in a sex offender rehabilitation program is an appropriate sentence for those crimes.
    Last edited by Slybak; 2016-06-08 at 04:36 PM.

Deleted
    Punishing criminals isn't "going full retard". The penalty should be proportionate to the crime. There are no extenuating circumstances for rape.
    So deathsentence is ok. What a humanitarian you are, well except for being full femitard

[Infracted - Flaming]

10+ Year Old Account
    let me put it another way
    if you believe how universities operate their kangaroo court and the absurdly low burden proof is fair and just then you most also believe Bill Clinton is guilty of rape
    do you believe Bill Clinton is guilty of rape?
    This is just a garbage post in pretty much every way. It doesn't even warrant a response. Next time try participating honestly, rather than with the equivalent of a "when did you stop beating your wife" question. There are no "kangaroo courts", and Clinton never did anything of the sort. You can't just make up bullshit and expect it to fly.

You're trying to derail a thread about a rape conviction into an argument about university administration and the Clintons. I'm not going to entertain this nonsense any further.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-08 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    So deathsentence is ok. What a humanitarian you are, well except for being full femitard
    Yes, death penalty should be a thing for serious crimes. And lol, "femitard"? I'm not a feminist. I'm someone who hates criminals.

Okay, I've read up on the case now. I don't see how the judge came to the conclusion that he's not a danger to reoffend. I mean he took advantage of an unconscious woman that he didn't even know. He took her behind a dumpster to not get caught. What kind of normal person does that?

The Santa Clara County Probation Department's pre-sentence investigation report recommended only a year and then probation. The report has been noted as odd because that department in very hard on sex offenders. The Judge has to consider that report which it appears he did but to reduce it from a year to 6 months doesn't make much sense.

The minimum sentence for this is 2 years but the judge can reduce it if he can find justification either by the person's prior record or the effect prison will have on him.

Yes, death penalty should be a thing for serious crimes. And lol, "femitard"? I'm not a feminist. I'm someone who hates criminals.
    My face when people call Tiili a feminist.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.