Page 1 of 101
... LastLast

Munkkys Vengeance Demon Hunter Guide UPDATED 7.3

Introduction
    Welcome to the guide to Vengance Demon Hunter. This version is meant to be a quick synopsis of the guide. For a more in depth version, feel free to review the Wowhead guide.

Updated for Patch 7.3

Wowhead Guide.

My Youtube Channel

Trinket List

Talents
    Level 99: Abyssal Strike will be the best for AoE with Flame Crash, Agonizing Flames can be the best for M+ based on how you pull, Razor Spikes will be the best for ST in a hard hitting raid
    Level 100: Fallout for AoE Survival/DPS (primarily in dungeons), Burning Alive for higher level Mythic+ Dungeons survival
    Level 102: Felblade for Learning/surv, Flame Crash for AoE DPS, Fel Eruption for ST DPS
    Level 104: Fracture is for ST DPS and for "Advanced Healing" (the all purpose talent), Feed the Demon for Smoother Damage Reduction/AoE DPS with Fallout/Razor Spikes, Soul Rending for dungeons where you want more healing.
    Level 106: Concentrated Sigils for small dps bump/targeting at player, Sigil of Chains for dungeons or when you need a grip, Quickened Sigils for Easier CC
    Level 108: Spirit Bomb for DPS and Healing, Fel Devastation for Burst DPS/Burst Healing, Blade Turning for smoother dps/healing on AoE,
    Level 110: Last Resort for progression or specific strategies, Demonic Infusion DPS with Razor spikes and heavy physical damage fights, Soul Barrier good for magic damage/general use or when getting hit by multiple damage sources

Raid Talents

M+ Talents

Stats
    We do not and will not have "official" stat weights. This includes Pawn and AskMrRobot weights. You can use AskMrRobot with your own weights if you wish.
    There are no minimums, maximums will be listed once they become reachable. Just get as much stats as you can.
    15+ ilvl pretty much always = equip it.
    <=10 ilvl look at the itemization of the pieces.
    Rings/Necks and Trinkets don't follow this rule outside of big gaps in ilvl
    Gem/Enchant for the first stat.

No Pawn/Stat weights

Raid Survival: Haste (20%) >= Mastery > Versatility > Haste (20%+) > Crit
    M+ Survival: Mastery > Vers > Haste > Crit
    DPS: Crit >= Versa >= Mastery >= Haste

Artifact Build Path

Relics you just go for Ilvl, with the only relic you "want" to get being Fiery Demise.

Recommended Build Path

First 35
    Fueled by Pain
    Painbringer
    Charred Warblades from Fueled by Pain
    Devour Souls to Honed Warblades

When Empowered
    Note: You can do these in any order from 4+ as the traits are all fairly close together. Some are more for dps and others more survivability, so it's truly up to you how you want to build it. You won't see any big changes regardless of how you build the rest of the path.

Illidari Durability
    Fiery Demise
    Lingering Ordeal > Erupting Souls > Flaming Soul
    Embrace the Pain
    Aldrachi Design
    Infernal Force
    Devour Souls
    Aura of Pain
    Honed Warblades
    Will of the Illidari
    Shatter the Souls

First 35 Traits

Empowered Order
    NOTE: How you choose to build this after the 3rd slot means little. This is simply a recommendation on how I plan on building mine. If you want more dps then you will focus on the dps, and if you want more surv you will focus on the surv. So not everyone will agree on this as there are multiple paths.
    Last edited by Munkky; 2017-08-31 at 07:32 PM.

very nice, thank you
    would it be possible to add some stat weight numbers to help choose upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    very nice, thank you
    would it be possible to add some stat weight numbers to help choose upgrades?
    I will post stat weights later, after everything is finalized. We know the stat priority, but the weights can change between now and launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for this, coming from hunter for the last half a decade I'm pretty used to having a guide like this and going into tanking after a 5 yr tanking hiatus this will really help me out. Keep it up! Very informative!

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently at work, can only skim through it at moment but I am liking what I am reading so far.

Good Work.

Do you mind if I put a link to this in the Vengeance Sticky?
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Do you mind if I put a link to this in the Vengeance Sticky?
    Go for it.

Nice, thank you very much Sir

Thank you for the work.

Deleted
    Good job !

Neat, thanks for the effort.

Deleted
    This is very cool. Thanks, and good job!

Mind if I add a hyperlink to the document in the solo thread? This is good stuff.
    "It's those tears of rage making it harder for you to see." - Warstar [March 2016]
    Soloing Discord
    DH

Quote Originally Posted by JimSolo View Post
    Mind if I add a hyperlink to the document in the solo thread? This is good stuff.
    The solo thread? Yeah idc do what you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Do you know if one of these is up yet for Havoc?

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    You're beautiful

I wanted to say great job on the guide and all the work that you put into it!

Have you done any research on what artifact relics would be preferred? Or do you think most would be situational? I know that it probably really won't matter until your artifact is filled out more fully. But as I was playing around with the talent calculator on wow-head, I noticed that if you had a specific relic it would increase the number of marks you could put into a talent, so it would make a 3/3 talent into a 4/4. This is probably something that's common knowledge, but I wasn't sure if you had done any testing to what would be the preferred relics to get. To sort of min/max or what have you.

Deleted
    Great guide! any thought on the legendary items? I know they wont be allowed for the start of raiding, but wondering which ones will be must haves and which will change how we play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookin View Post
    I wanted to say great job on the guide and all the work that you put into it!

Have you done any research on what artifact relics would be preferred? Or do you think most would be situational? I know that it probably really won't matter until your artifact is filled out more fully. But as I was playing around with the talent calculator on wow-head, I noticed that if you had a specific relic it would increase the number of marks you could put into a talent, so it would make a 3/3 talent into a 4/4. This is probably something that's common knowledge, but I wasn't sure if you had done any testing to what would be the preferred relics to get. To sort of min/max or what have you.
    When it comes to relics the majority of the time it will be whatever is highest ilvl because that will beef up your weapon, thus giving you more stats. In my spreadsheet I have aplayed the 110 dung through raiding relics listed as well as a list like the one below.

Defensively I believe it's will of the illidan > devour souls > all
    Offensively it's fiery demise (has good burst potential but requires more attention) >= aura of pain

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eninra View Post
    Great guide! any thought on the legendary items? I know they wont be allowed for the start of raiding, but wondering which ones will be must haves and which will change how we play.
    I was actually speaking with someone earlier about that. I haven't touched any of them incase they were changed but since we're so close I'll look more into it and get out the info. Also they announced last week that legendaries will be unlocked even week 1 of raiding. It's only turned off in pvp I believe.

Off the top of my head the cloak might be best followed by the ring with leech and the boots maybe though I still have to test/math it all out. Which I will post in my guide/spreadsheet.