Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

After a few hundred skirmishes this week on beta...

I've noticed that melees do not dominate casters. It's most of the times the other way around after the last 1-2 builds.

Playing boomkin - shadow, only thing that could win was bm hunter and frost mage for some reason. No melees could win us really.

Also, I find myself really enjoying it, it seems pretty balanced except few specs / abilities. I think *maybe* the game will be decent and I was screaming in sadness few weeks ago.

The only downside is of course pruning and left feeling like a very bleak version of your former self. But I'm having tons of fun as playing my unholy, boomkin, windwalker. And I did probably 200 skirmishes last few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the bad spelling, so tired.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to say the sky isn't falling. Meta will most likely be with casters.

so you're saying that melee seem to underperform and in the same breath call it balanced?

"except few specs" would after reading your statement mean "every melee".

i get that its fun to dominate, but yeah, you contradict yourself here
    i dont know how balance actually holds up in pvp atm (but i guess its rather bad with current "tuning")

Well lets be fair, casters always dominated wow's rated pvp in general, hence we can call this Blizzard's "balance" which is not balanced at all. So basically Legion will be just as "balanced" as WOD or any other xpac where casters dominate rated PvP on average.

Ranged has always dominated melee. Thats why i cant do rated pvp. I dont like arena, and i dont play healer, ranged, dk or rogue so i cant get into RBGs.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    You're all wrong. It's pretty fair, we've won because most people were just bad. All casters have been buffed, melees in 3s will still be very strong. And Pandragon, "ranged has awlays dominated melee"? SO that's why cleaves dominate live ladders??? xD

Jesus christ. But I guess forums are always toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus christ. But I guess forums are always toxic.
    "Every class wich i can beat easy is balanced, every other class is op and needs to be nerfed."

I think that sums it up for the most ppl. when it comes to the topic "class balace"

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Ranged has always dominated melee. Thats why i cant do rated pvp. I dont like arena, and i dont play healer, ranged, dk or rogue so i cant get into RBGs.
    You realize that every RBG group wants a Warrior and an Enhance Shaman?

And no, range do not dominate melee. Neither in RBG nor in Arena.
    Most RBG comps do have 3 Healers, 1 Boomy, 1 Lock, 1 War/DK, 1 Enhance, 2 Rogues and one last stop varying between Boomy, Lock, DK/War or even 2nd Enhance Shaman. Which totals to 2-3 ranged vs 4-5 melee.

Arena T1 comps can be argued to be Turbo, RMD, LSD and Jungle, which would be 4 melees and 4 ranged.

I don't see ranged dominating melee here, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    I've noticed that melees do not dominate casters. It's most of the times the other way around after the last 1-2 builds.

Playing boomkin - shadow, only thing that could win was bm hunter and frost mage for some reason. No melees could win us really.

Also, I find myself really enjoying it, it seems pretty balanced except few specs / abilities. I think *maybe* the game will be decent and I was screaming in sadness few weeks ago.

The only downside is of course pruning and left feeling like a very bleak version of your former self. But I'm having tons of fun as playing my unholy, boomkin, windwalker. And I did probably 200 skirmishes last few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the bad spelling, so tired.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to say the sky isn't falling. Meta will most likely be with casters.
    The only issue with your results is that you can't estimate the proper answer simply because the results are skewed by the fact that the skill level of people you're facing in skirmish on beta could range from absolutely terribad to R1, which in term makes it hard to properly gauge the state of balance with beta skirmish results, although I do agree casters won't be bad, or to be accurate some ranged specs will be viable, while the majority of melee will have a T1 comp.

What I mean to say is it might be a tad different once legion hits and results vary compared to beta skirmishes.
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-07-03 at 10:53 AM.

Anyone who states that range have not traditionally dominated, havent actually PvPed. Typically most range specs are fairly viable with one or two melee specs shining. I wouldn't call arms warriors and ferals having a place being proof of range not dominating. Its really the exact opposite when they're the -only ones-. And even then, when melee do well its ussually do to really poor balance giving them explosively large numbers compared to others.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Your RBG recipe isn't very accurate. You can easily replace warrior with a destro lock and keep the other as affli and you can easily replace the enhance shaman for a frost mage with secondary fire spec for some maps (Eots comes to mind).

Generally speaking its not good to have a cooking recipe when it comes to RBG.
    I agree that you can switch a lot around but i just said it was the most common RBG comp, especially the higher rated you get.
    Most RBG comps above 2k rating look exactly like my "recipe", with some people getting a mage instead of 2nd rogue but it is rather rare.
    Destro Lock almost never see play.

At least that is what it looks like von EU servers, maybe it is different on US.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Anyone who states that range have not traditionally dominated, havent actually PvPed. Typically most range specs are fairly viable with one or two melee specs shining. I wouldn't call arms warriors and ferals having a place being proof of range not dominating. Its really the exact opposite when they're the -only ones-. And even then, when melee do well its ussually do to really poor balance giving them explosively large numbers compared to others.
    Well, any melee right now has a place to shine. Every single one of them has a place in a T1 or T2 comp in 3s. Most of them are more than viable in RBG.
    While I agree that range dominated melee in some prior seasons, in some season melee dominated range as well.
    And in Warlords of Draenor, there hasn't been a single season where range dominated melee. It is quite balanced actually.
    Last edited by Artesia; 2016-07-03 at 03:57 PM.

Deleted
    I dont think they can balance pvp to a degree desired by so many. Balanced pvp is best experienced in other genres imo. I still very much like pvp and always have since I started playing 8 years ago. Legion will be no different

its like everyone forgets rmp, rls have this melee called rogue in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its like everyone forgets rmp, rls have this melee called rogue in it.
    I agree most people forget how long rogues have been a top tier class. But in a rogues defense, they have control on par with range, which is probably why they have always been good.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Oh and this thread will be about whatever I please. Don't make me turn this bitch into a Spiderman thread.

What? Casters have always and traditionally dominated melee and rated PvP in general? World of Graphs is a thing, it ruins that idea ever since it has been created. And it's not like things have been much different prior to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Artesia View Post
    I agree that you can switch a lot around but i just said it was the most common RBG comp, especially the higher rated you get.
    Most RBG comps above 2k rating look exactly like my "recipe", with some people getting a mage instead of 2nd rogue but it is rather rare.
    Destro Lock almost never see play.

At least that is what it looks like von EU servers, maybe it is different on US.

Well, any melee right now has a place to shine. Every single one of them has a place in a T1 or T2 comp in 3s. Most of them are more than viable in RBG.
    While I agree that range dominated melee in some prior seasons, in some season melee dominated range as well.
    And in Warlords of Draenor, there hasn't been a single season where range dominated melee. It is quite balanced actually.
    Ret Paladin ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, snap it, the only "ranged" who "dominated" melee through wow history were frost mages. But even then (at least in bc) frost mage and rogue were quite close to each other. With release of DKs melee had upper hand over ranged specs. Sure when you talk about 1v1 and 2v2 which are pain in the ass to balance (and IMO not worth it to balance at all) ranged "dominate" melee, but then again you have cheese like rogue+feral right now to get ez ratingz in 2v2. Remember good old times when DK and ret were decimating literally any setup? Yeah, i feel like these times are going back, silence + DG into a ret paladin going to be easy 100-0 unless some serious 2 minute defensive CDs are popped. Ret has little to no gap closers outside of "walking into face", so having someone who brings a target to you is going to be very nice
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-07-05 at 03:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Have you met melee cleaves with a brain? Because I played DH/War/MW monk and I can assure you, not a single caster will live through them. Everyone is a kill target as dh/war.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Ret Paladin ?
    Well, Ret Pally is the "worst performing" melee right now, but it still has its place in PHP (Ret, Hunter, Priest).

Quote Originally Posted by Artesia View Post
    Well, Ret Pally is the "worst performing" melee right now, but it still has its place in PHP (Ret, Hunter, Priest).
    Agreed =), i was hoping you are not one of those players who think Ret is a top tier dps in rated pvp.

P.S. I prefer UA/Ret/Rdrood or Rshammy in WOD s2/s3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    The only issue with your results is that you can't estimate the proper answer simply because the results are skewed by the fact that the skill level of people you're facing in skirmish on beta could range from absolutely terribad to R1, which in term makes it hard to properly gauge the state of balance with beta skirmish results, although I do agree casters won't be bad, or to be accurate some ranged specs will be viable, while the majority of melee will have a T1 comp.

What I mean to say is it might be a tad different once legion hits and results vary compared to beta skirmishes.
    With this thread I'm simply saying one thing... there's a chance melees wont roflstomp everything. But no, everybody keeps missunderstanding ^^ and I play both caster and melee... I want balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Have you met melee cleaves with a brain? Because I played DH/War/MW monk and I can assure you, not a single caster will live through them. Everyone is a kill target as dh/war.
    I was talking about 2s skirmishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I laughed so hard with this. So the game is pretty balanced now that no melee teams can beat you (so minimum 50% of games can't beat you) and now the game "will be decent" and you was false "for screaming in sadness a few weeks ago" (when game was probably more balanced and melee classes had a chance against you).

Seriously man LOL @ you. We need useful opinions regarding pvp not emo fotm rerollers who go wherever holinka takes the balance. "No melees could win us really" is NOT balanced pvp is just happy hour for bads who need a boost before they can start winning.

- - - Updated - - -

Your RBG recipe isn't very accurate. You can easily replace warrior with a destro lock and keep the other as affli and you can easily replace the enhance shaman for a frost mage with secondary fire spec for some maps (Eots comes to mind).

Generally speaking its not good to have a cooking recipe when it comes to RBG.
    By all means, laugh on. But out of all the 2s skirmishes I did as me on boomkin and a random guy on shadow, we beat 90% of the double melees we came across. That just means we didn't really face any good people. Why the F are you overthinking everything I wrote? Putting own meaning behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Your opinion is way worse than mine, as you just bashed me for no reason and I actually tried to give some slight hope to casters who don't have access to beta.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope it makes you feel good about yourself trying to step on others. But what can I expect here on mmo champion but some lowly one trying to tear apart anything I say. The whole F point of this thread was that most people say their spec is bad (Boomkin) yet I found it to be very very strong. (example).
    Last edited by mmoc33a067f81f; 2016-07-06 at 03:23 PM.