10+ Year Old Account
    Blue Exorcist was trash. Had such an interesting premise and then they dicked around for 15 episodes and then it ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Shokugeki S2 - 01

Am I the only one who felt this episode was fast as fuck? How many chapters did they fly through?
    6 chapters: 5 adapted, 1 skipped, also skipped the flashbacks.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    ReLIFE 1-10 - I like it, a bit of the drama is a little annoying but for the most part they handle it healthily and show actual character development. Kariu worst girl. Hishiro best girl. An cutest girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    finished this week's wolf-girl economics with nothing specific to comment on that stands out. Bit of a light start for the series so far.
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Madoka magica 9 RIP best girl

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    AoT s2 in spring 2017
    Sounds like it gonna be fun.
    until it's delayed again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    the red one? yeah easily the best girl
    She was best girl from her first appearance all the way to the last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    until it's delayed again
    yeah but they gave more details now and actually put up the website for the second season.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Tales of Zestiria the X----em...i have no idea what i just watched. Animation quality seems to go up and down a lot.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Arslan S2 - a great start to this series again
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Madoka magica season 1 I don't know what to say. the OP was totally misleading. Red is best. kyubey is fucking great. time travel is OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the music is incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re:Zero: Fuck that episode, fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Madoka magica season 1 I don't know what to say. the OP was totally misleading. Red is best. kyubey is fucking great. time travel is OP.

- - - Updated - - -

gogo with rebellion movie
    [CENTER]

- - - Updated - - -

Now watch the 3rd movie (which I still need to do)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    gogo with rebellion movie
    Gotta watch re zero first, should I watch rebellion before s2?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no S2 for madoka, only the "recap" movies + rebellion movie
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    There is no S2 for madoka, only the "recap" movies + rebellion movie
    oh, I was watching it on CR and after episode 12 it showed there was episode 1, so I assumed that was a 2nd season..

- - - Updated - - -

Re: zero fucckkkkk
    I love this show.

Well, I guess I'll kick off the Spice and Wolf rewatch discussion. I have seen this series before, and rewatched S1 in the last year or so with a friend, so these first episodes are fairly familiar to me.

S&W is one of the few series were most of the nudity doesn't bother me. I'm normally part of the Prude Police, but S&W just knows how to frame situations properly. A good demonstration of their conscious understanding of how to frame females is in the comparison between Chloe and Holo in the first episode. While Lawrence has no romantic inclinations toward Chloe, when she lies down on the hay and comments that she has grown up his eyes can't help but notice. The way they frame those shots and then cut to Lawrence's face clearly indicate that we're being treated to Lawrence's point of view, not just being given shots of a pretty girl for fan service reasons.

Later on when Holo is getting out of the cart she is stark naked but the way the situation is handled manages to keep it from feeling like it's just there for sex appeal. Her being naked is natural; she doesn't give a second thought to it and neither should we. The only compromising shot is yet another that is clearly from Lawrence's point of view: when she bends over to pick up the jerky and looking at her (nicely rounded) buttocks he notices that she has a tail. So the scene which could be a train wreck of bloody noses and shallow fan service manages to wordlessly demonstrate to us how Holo views her body and how we as the audience should as well.

One thing that is interesting to note is that later in the second episode when they are drying off in the inn Lawrence does become embarrassed at Holo being naked. At first I thought maybe this was inconsistent, since he didn't display any of this in episode one, but on further reflection I think it could be argued that he is becoming familiar with her as a person now. Even if she doesn't care, his maleness does.

Continuing on to Holo herself as a character, I've always had a very interesting time trying to pin her down. I know she is a fan favorite, but I don't think most people appreciate a simple fact that is stated in the first episode: Holo is Holo. She is her own personality that is not any particular trope and doesn't play to what people want. She is very old and experienced, despite appearances. However, she knows the effect her appearance has and smoothly abuses it to get what she wants. The only reason she isn't a villain is because what she wants is usually fairly basic (apples!) or more or less good-willed (helping Lawrence). In short, she is highly, but benignly, manipulative.

This is the reason that again, despite her popularity, I really don't think people appreciate how dangerous she is. Not in a "wolf eat you" way (although that is also true), but in the fact that in scene after scene she is content to play with Lawrence. To tease him, to excite his emotions, and then to stomp them. It's her pastime. This is somebody who is very adept at wearing a mask and only rarely lets what she thinks and feels through, instead pretending to be many different things and watching other people react. So in short, even though I admire Holo as a character I have never thought that she would be an amazing person to be with in real life.

To finish up, I have a question for people: where do you imagine S&W taking place? I've always imagined either southern Germany or northern Italy given the names, but never could quite decide on which.