Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Alright, I figured it'd be same case there. I was just hoping that a fan translation might at least be faster than an official, licensed release.
    Quite a few translators stopped the past 1-2 years. Some to DMCA's, real life, ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It is? o.O

I've seen a couple of the EX "What If" chapters translated but that's it.
    WN translations started on a blog after ep 12 aired, and by now they translated 7 of the chapters. But looks like they already stopped in the meantime because the last update was 11 days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the anime at the start with the girl blushing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB1yiCfP9EQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

I'd like to say kiznaiver?
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Haifuri? Looks like the girl at 1:13.
    Nah looks way too off in design and she has short hair compared to longer
    [CENTER]

Zutto Mae Kara Suki Deshita Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai. Apparently someone asked the same question in the youtube comments and the uploader answered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightcaller View Post
    Zutto Mae Kara Suki Deshita Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai. Apparently someone asked the same question in the youtube comments and the uploader answered.
    Oh ok thanks. Has anyone watched it? Guess I'll give it a try.
    Her VA is Asuna and Morgiana it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    I'd like to say kiznaiver?
    Kiznaiver is next to that, with the dancing costumes and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may have casually skipped through the video lol
    I just stared at her for a while, looked at the 10 animes listed (since it's likely to come from those)
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Pokemon Go wants to catch (almost) all your app permissions

Interesting article. Kinda makes me reconsider whether or not to actually download it when it releases.
    I'm the complete opposite of caring about privacy stuff. I downloaded Win10 instantly and left all the data-mining stuff on, I opt in to let companies get information from apps I use without a second thought, etc etc. I have no reason to care, really. They can spy on me all they want, because I'm not some tinfoil hat conspiracy person, and know that they aren't going to actually spy on you, and the only reason they do stuff like that is for their stuff to work properly or for them to get broad data to help them make business decisions, both of which I fully support and love being a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Pokemon Go wants to catch (almost) all your app permissions

Interesting article. Kinda makes me reconsider whether or not to actually download it when it releases.
    iOS exclusive issue though apparently.

Or rather, mostly iOS with very few Androids having that happen.
    Pokemon Go doesn't even show up in my allowed app list.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Are you saying it gets worse? I was going to give it the "well, it's trigger" grade benefit of doubt, but you're making me rethink that choice. I only have Kiznaiver and Joker Game left from previous season's finished titles, maybe I should skip the former...
    Well, I love Kiznaiver personally, but if you don't like how they over dramatize simple things, you probably won't like it then, because that's all it's about.

Kiznaiver spoiler=It takes them like 12 episodes to finally realize they were friends all along, do the math

10+ Year Old Account
    Every single magi chapter makes me want a S3 ><
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Every single magi chapter makes me want a S3 ><
    And an S4 at this point.

Late to the party, but here it goes...

Spice and Wolf Rewatch: 4-7

I like this first arc, but I will be honest I still don't 100% understand how the deal worked. More specifically, they never answer the original question which is: why were Lawrence and Holo targeted by Medio Trading? They bring this up as a bizarre choice by Medio Trading since Milone Trading wouldn't care that much. Is the implication that Chloe recognized Holo's name and authorized the hit out of a hunch? I just never got it.

Which brings me on to the second point, and that is Chloe's involvement in Medio Trading. It strikes me as terribly anachronistic that Chloe would be a major player in a powerful trading company. The author even seems to realize this: she's surrounded by grizzled old men who would naturally be the leaders, so a young pretty farm girl sticks out like a sore thumb. The interaction she has with Holo is important, but the fact that she's there at all has never settled well with me.

Finishing for this week I want to take a look at Lawrence's role in the series. Lawrence is not an extraordinary person. He demonstrates a heightened degree of intelligence and cunning, which has made him into a successful merchant, but beyond this relatively unremarkable. I don't state this as a bad thing, simply that it's important to appreciate the incredible task Lawrence is up against: keeping up with Holo.

This is what makes Spice & Wolf different from most romantic series. Usually the role of males is more dominant: the guy is the one taking care of the problems. He protects the girl and through his effort woos her over. And at first Lawrence tries to do just this. He attempts to show off his business savvy, pose questions he thinks she can't answer, and protect her when they are cornered by Medio Trading. But the truth is, she's just as smart as he is and has centuries of experience that make her far more capable in nearly every regard. She gets better deals, figures out his riddles, and saves them both by turning into a giant wolf. Everything he can do she can do better.

The result of all this is two-fold. For Lawrence it means that as his feelings for Holo grow he has to figure out and overcome his own bruised ego. It isn't a grand transformation, and in fact the series remarks little on it, but it is still a journey that adds a layer to his character. For the audience, it serves as a warning to not expect these roles or even find them desirable, for as we are reminded, "All men are jealous idiots, and all women are stupid to be happy about it. Idiots are everywhere you look."

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Late to the party, but here it goes...

Spice and Wolf Rewatch: 4-7

I like this first arc, but I will be honest I still don't 100% understand how the deal worked. More specifically, they never answer the original question which is: why were Lawrence and Holo targeted by Medio Trading? They bring this up as a bizarre choice by Medio Trading since Milone Trading wouldn't care that much. Is the implication that Chloe recognized Holo's name and authorized the hit out of a hunch? I just never got it.

Which brings me on to the second point, and that is Chloe's involvement in Medio Trading. It strikes me as terribly anachronistic that Chloe would be a major player in a powerful trading company. The author even seems to realize this: she's surrounded by grizzled old men who would naturally be the leaders, so a young pretty farm girl sticks out like a sore thumb. The interaction she has with Holo is important, but the fact that she's there at all has never settled well with me.

Finishing for this week I want to take a look at Lawrence's role in the series. Lawrence is not an extraordinary person. He demonstrates a heightened degree of intelligence and cunning, which has made him into a successful merchant, but beyond this relatively unremarkable. I don't state this as a bad thing, simply that it's important to appreciate the incredible task Lawrence is up against: keeping up with Holo.

This is what makes Spice & Wolf different from most romantic series. Usually the role of males is more dominant: the guy is the one taking care of the problems. He protects the girl and through his effort woos her over. And at first Lawrence tries to do just this. He attempts to show off his business savvy, pose questions he thinks she can't answer, and protect her when they are cornered by Medio Trading. But the truth is, she's just as smart as he is and has centuries of experience that make her far more capable in nearly every regard. She gets better deals, figures out his riddles, and saves them both by turning into a giant wolf. Everything he can do she can do better.

The result of all this is two-fold. For Lawrence it means that as his feelings for Holo grow he has to figure out and overcome his own bruised ego. It isn't a grand transformation, and in fact the series remarks little on it, but it is still a journey that adds a layer to his character. For the audience, it serves as a warning to not expect these roles or even find them desirable, for as we are reminded, "All men are jealous idiots, and all women are stupid to be happy about it. Idiots are everywhere you look."
    I like your bit about Lawrence's character, it's one of the reasons I like the dynamic between him and Holo. Holo's a great character on her own, but the way her strengths influence Lawrence's character overall is something really special.

Also, to explain Chloe: She's an anime-original character, in the LNs it was a man that played her part. I'm not sure why they changed it, along with Lawrence's reactions to Holo's wolf form, but they couldn't change much more than that without changing the story too much from the source.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FDHaRiU.jpg[IMG]
    https://twitter.com/Katelyn_Win/stat...46874531631104

damn rekt

10+ Year Old Account
    damn rekt

Who is she to tell us what to do.

Who is she to tell us what to do.
    she has a twitter account

me in two fate related images

a > b
    Last edited by bals; 2016-07-12 at 06:08 AM.

Deleted
    damn rekt

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnImmEyWEAAV33s.jpg[IMG]
    Oh, look, a baby boomer soccer momma complaining. She sure looks like she could use some Pokemon GO, though. Or at least the walking part of it.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2016-07-12 at 09:30 AM.