Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You can't really say what will be the most OP specs since a lot will change from now until launch. Even at launch people have ideas on what will be strong but no one knows for sure until everyone is max level in legion with the basic pvp gear for at least a week.

Quote Originally Posted by chamalama View Post
    Top 3 most OP specs in PVP for legion?
    Prot Warrior, Vengeance DH, Blood DK.

Or did you mean after tuning, somewhere in the future, when we can get a real picture of what will happen?

I think RMD is looking even better in Legion that it is in WoD currently with a Frost mage built around Deep Shatter playing with a Sub Rogue. They reduced Ele Shamans Lava Burst from 200% to 150% in this last patch and I was surprised they didn't touch Frost mages (unless I missed it).

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Not including the broken tanks.

Sub rogue, hpaladin, havoc dh, enh shaman, fire mage. Those seem to be the dominant specs so far, of course, the gear we get in the beta is only 810 ilvl, we dont know how things will be when people have proper 840+ gear.
    Havoc? meh they seem to be a bit too soft for my liking. But i guess if they have a good healer they should be ok

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrusDH View Post
    Considering nothing is final... None?

Or are you asking what people think will be the most OP?
    What do you think he means? Considering nothing is final?

1. Blood DK
    2. Arm Warrior
    3. Rdruid

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I'm hoping for a RPS system with the classes, kinda like what we had in TBC.

For Example Frost Mage>Arms Warrior >Sub Rogue> Frost Mage.

That way your class/spec will be strong over some combinations while weaker to others. The whole "One Spec > Mostly Everything" Is pretty unbalanced.
    And Warlocks are mushrooms

1. Frost Mage
    2. Fire Mage
    3. Arcane Mage

Are Legion Monk WW flying under the radar?

What makes Fire Mage top tier (presumably) compared to Frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Are Legion Monk WW flying under the radar?
    Yes, presumably after some of the bigger outliers are nerfed WW will start gathering noise.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Not including the broken tanks.

Sub rogue, hpaladin, havoc dh, enh shaman, fire mage. Those seem to be the dominant specs so far, of course, the gear we get in the beta is only 810 ilvl, we dont know how things will be when people have proper 840+ gear.
    Why are tanks broken? Now I've seen some vids and realize that blood dks for example, are pretty unkillable, but to think that a blood dk shouldn't be able to beat other specs if played well is very ignorant and short sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    And Warlocks are mushrooms
    LOl I so remember that video.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Why are tanks broken? Now I've seen some vids and realize that blood dks for example, are pretty unkillable, but to think that a blood dk shouldn't be able to beat other specs if played well is very ignorant and short sighted.
    Well Tanks atp over tuned dmg wise and self healing/survival. They do not die, they deal very good sustain + great burst + have better mobility then the DPS spec of that class (mobility referred to Paladin, and maybe War?)
    If you watch beta Arena streams, you can notice how insane tanks are atm in PvP (or even in duels) if plaid properly. Yest I was watching Savix’s (2.4k xp Ret) stream he was running Ret/Rog and they faced a single player Prot War ( I believe Swifty was playing war). After multiple times they restarted the fights they eventually lost, while prot war just sat most of the time in the middle and waited for them to come at him.
    Also some Chinese Blood Dk called “Box House” also very annoying to kill, you can see some USA streamers mention him.
    While I haven’t seen decent Prot Pallies doing Beta Arena, I did see few Duels done by Prot Pallies, and they just eat ppl alive.
    Atm an equaled skill players where one is playing DPS and another 1 of the 3 tanks mentioned above, tank will win hands down.

You know what's ignorant and short sighted? Opening your mouth to speak about things you know nothing about. Prot paladins are literally killing people in a gcd, and blood dks dont go down with 5+ people attacking them. The fact that you're defending the current state of tanks in pvp, simply proves that you have 0 clue about the state they're currently in.

1. Any Rogue.
    2. Any Mage.
    3. Windwalker Mung.

Quote Originally Posted by chamalama View Post
    Top 3 most OP specs in PVP for legion?
    There has never and probably will never be a blanket "most op spec for pvp". It all depends what you want to do.

For group pvp(rated bgs, bgs in general): Fire Mage, Affliction Warlock, Unholy DK and Boomkin.
    Defending a point: Frost mage, Bm Hunter, Tanks - namely Monk/DK.

I think most people can agree with those 2. These..not so much:

Arena: Arms Warrior, Assassination/Sub Rogue, Warlock.

Arms Warrior, if it goes live as is, will see another colosseus smash problem. Double Arms warrior healer will just be broken. 15 seconds in, someone dies. The end. They need to see some changes in PVP, like Mortal Strike not capable of breaking 1.1 million damage on anyone. That's stupid.

Assassination rogue's incredible burst is just so damn high. Sub's mobility can't really be forgotten either - able to basically stick to anything permanently and escape almost any situation.

Warlocks bubbles. Just..bubbles. They're so damn hard to take down between CCs and millions of health worth of bubbles. I expect to see a lot more locks in general.

That being said, that's just what I've seen is strong. I honestly feel Havoc DH is quite weak - high damage, high mobility, INCREDIBLY squishy. Frost DKs are really powerful but they HAVE to get a kill in their burst window...part of which has a 5 minute CD. Yea...

- - - Updated - - -

"Pretty unkillable" means they can 1v5 or 1v6 and win. That's not good design.

Prot Paladin are fully capable of killing people in 2 to 3 globals. Even on target dummy, while short lived, their opening burst is the highest of the 9 or 10 classes I tried, topping out at around ~600k DPS then petering out to 80-90k. Abilities off GCD that hit like mac trucks tend to do that. I don't expect this to go live at all. To put it in perspective, the second highest DPS burst I had was on Frost DK at around 550k after critting for 1.6 million damage on a 5 minute CD. Prot can do that burst every 1.5-2 minutes. Bad design.

The other tanks are basically balanced, though they could probably all use some changes.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2016-07-11 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Arena: Arms Warrior, Assassination/Sub Rogue, Warlock.

Arms Warrior, if it goes live as is, will see another colosseus smash problem. Double Arms warrior healer will just be broken. 15 seconds in, someone dies. The end. They need to see some changes in PVP, like Mortal Strike not capable of breaking 1.1 million damage on anyone. That's stupid.
    Arms wars are also pretty soft atm on Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Arms wars are also pretty soft atm on Beta.
    The balance seems to change on almost a daily basis, but last week they could dish out 1 million - 1.5 million Mortal Strikes by stacking a ton of MS buffs. Unsure if they nerfed them in PVP more, though. 6 seconds of setup into a 1.5 million Mortal Strike crit(guaranteed crit, too) is just completely broken. They might be soft and squishy, but they can pack one HELL of a wallop and are impossible to escape.