Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You didn't enjoy the duality of the romance both in game and in real life? Not to mention that they even were able to some degree to have a child. Legendary stuff.
    That's the worst part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    That's the worst part.
    What was so bad about it?

The 2nd arc could have been better but I give it credit for trying something new.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, the video was clearly a rant about how shitty SAO is. The part about death was only one of his issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    No, the video was clearly a rant about how shitty SAO is. The part about death was only one of his issues.
    Death was the focal point of the video. It was even titled "What's in a scene". It was barely even talking about the entire anime as a whole, but instead that one scene.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Death was the focal point of the video. It was even titled "What's in a scene". It was barely even talking about the entire anime as a whole, but instead that one scene.
    Actually it's titled "What's in a scene - How SAO became the worst anime ever" (fucking lol)

And the scene was the focal point of the video. The fake-out regarding the death was only one of the reasons he disliked the scene.

I mean half the video is bitching about Kirito in particular. It's trash not even worth talking about. Might as well make a video called "how twilight became the worst movie ever" or "how justin bieber became the worst musician ever" to appease the legion of twelve year olds who will agree with his stupid opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    91 Days 02 - Man I did not expect that ending. This show is going to be amazing if it continues with this level of quality.

Deleted
    Goddammit. I thought you guys were being ironic, but fuck. I'm watching a puppet show and it might be the best "anime" I've seen this year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thunderbolt Fantasy 02 - It looks like Saber, Lancer, and Archer have gathered.
    Also just realized the princess-esque girl is voiced by Mai Nakahara. So based.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Goddammit. I thought you guys were being ironic, but fuck. I'm watching a puppet show and it might be the best "anime" I've seen this year.
    It's amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Like I said, if I was told I could get CD in only this form, I'd beg for it.
    [CENTER]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    It's amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Like I said, if I was told I could get CD in only this form, I'd beg for it.
    Well, I'm sure the excellent prop quality has something to do with how well this works. ^.^

- - - Updated - - -

That and the excellent music. And the effects. And the camerawork. This is amazing. @o

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Thunderbolt Fantasy music is done by Hiroyuki Sawano. Now I know why it reminded me of Aldnoah so much.

Don't forget to watch your Spice & Wolf episodes this week!

Clannad through episode 4 - Art style isn't bugging me as bad this time around like it did the last couple of times I've tried watching. The animation is solid and the show's very pretty despite the eyes still bothering me. The story's still not grabbing me but I'm going to power through it because I've been putting it off for so long. I'm enjoying it for the most part, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    [video=youtube;BPzeO5iPJ4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPzeO5iPJ4M[video]
    I've watched this one so many times. Even if I don't like a show of theirs, they do such a great job at making a show theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Spring 2016 Results
    1. Flying Witch (7.5/10)
    I figured you would either really like or really dislike this one, definitely didn't see it as your favorite/highest rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    that Koe no Katachi write-up was great, I really don't have much more to add except not having too much of an issue with the "fakeness" of the friendships at the end. I don't think it really added anything but a lot of friendships at that age are fairly superficial and even as backhanded as they were portrayed here. I agree with you about where the manga needed to end, and the movie arc definitely took away from the overall feel and message. I didn't knock points for the friendship part though, even though it was unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    ReLIFE - Easily a 9/10. This was super great. Ultra great.
    ReLIFE rewatch go
    Last edited by Sj; 2016-07-16 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Gyakuten Saiban - (Ep: 1) - (4/10)

- A show like this actually could have been interesting. The premise certainly has potential. Though I guess you could say that about most things. Regardless, other issues aside, the trial was ridiculously stupid and over the top. Shit. Dropped.
    I truly do not understand why they decided to make it Super Saiyan Lawyers Court, because the Ace Attorney games are some of my favorites, and while the trials can get quite over the top and crazy, there's never any stupid auras, although some people do lose their hair suddenly and drastically, just without explanation though.

I need to write worse reviews: nobody ever has anything to add.

That's it! Be right back guys, gonna write a review titled, "How Attack On Titan Ruined Anime (And Has the Worst Opening Too)."

That's it! Be right back guys, gonna write a review titled, "How Attack On Titan Ruined Anime (And Has the Worst Opening Too)."
    Just type out CLICK FOR EVERY REASON I CAN THINK OF and link to its page on Netflix or something. We still would have nothing to add.

edit: In all seriousness, though, when I was reviewing professionally, I went off what one of my professors taught me about critiquing my own work. Read your work with the intention of enjoying it as much as possible, then break it down and find as many things that you think are wrong with it as you can, then list reasons why your assessments are right and wrong. It was a really helpful lesson and it came in handy when reviewing games and books.
    Last edited by Sj; 2016-07-16 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Why Anime Is Shit! (And You Should Feel Shit For Watching It)"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    ReLIFE rewatch go
    Real question here is who is best girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Real question here is who is best girl.
    False. They're all best girl, the real question here is who is the bestest.

10+ Year Old Account
    False. They're all best girl, the real question here is who is the bestest.
    True indeed.

Just watched the first episode of Thunderbolt Fantasy and I'm not quite sure what I think. I feel like I've been treated to "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" if it were done by Jim Henson in the 80s.

And as for the reviews, I know there isn't much to say often. It was just me musing on how odd it is that the higher the quality of review the less discussion it sparks.

edit: In all seriousness, though, when I was reviewing professionally, I went off what one of my professors taught me about critiquing my own work. Read your work with the intention of enjoying it as much as possible, then break it down and find as many things that you think are wrong with it as you can, then list reasons why your assessments are right and wrong. It was a really helpful lesson and it came in handy when reviewing games and books.
    That's more or less what I do. I re-read my reviews multiple times before posting and then a few times after. I was fairly happy with this review, although I don't think my middle-Good transition worked as well as I'd have liked. It was hard to touch on everything I wanted to without becoming completely overburdened.

That's more or less what I do. I re-read my reviews multiple times before posting and then a few times after. I was fairly happy with this review, although I don't think my middle-Good transition worked as well as I'd have liked. It was hard to touch on everything I wanted to without becoming completely overburdened.
    I meant more of using that approach on the material you're reviewing, not your review itself. But I realize now that I meant to type that to someone else and not in this thread; I was talking to a friend on another website about reviewing books.

I need sleep.