Just watched that video on KyoAni and that was very interesting. I've hardly seen anything by them (Clannad + AS and Full Metal Panic) but I found what he was saying very interesting about how they've changed their model. I hardly know anything about the anime industry, and that video had a lot of new information and ideas for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: I may have to look into some of his other videos on these topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Just watched that video on KyoAni and that was very interesting. I've hardly seen anything by them (Clannad + AS and Full Metal Panic) but I found what he was saying very interesting about how they've changed their model. I hardly know anything about the anime industry, and that video had a lot of new information and ideas for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: I may have to look into some of his other videos on these topics.
    I wanna say the same guy did one on PA Works. Whether it was him or not, it was really good.

Speaking of KyoAni, I'd actually love to read your thoughts on Haruhi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I wanna say the same guy did one on PA Works. Whether it was him or not, it was really good.

Speaking of KyoAni, I'd actually love to read your thoughts on Haruhi.
    I've heard mixed things about that series, but it's one of those that I've wondered about on occasion.

-A good friend of mine simply thought it was "weird."
    -I have the "World God Only Knows" scene saved as a bookmark because it's a really impressive-looking scene and I like the song.
    -As I understand it, Haruhi may or may not be God
    -There's something called the "Endless Eight" in which the episodes are repeated in some fashion (somebody expressed it as, "Eight episodes of not this shit again.")
    -There's the series and then a movie about her disappearance or something? I thought I heard some people say the movie is (even) better than the series

There's my odd hodgepodge of knowledge on it. I just never got excited about it because I generally need a good reason to watch school anime.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: and I like this AMV of the series

I've heard mixed things about that series, but it's one of those that I've wondered about on occasion.

-A good friend of mine simply thought it was "weird."
    -I have the "World God Only Knows" scene saved as a bookmark because it's a really impressive-looking scene and I like the song.
    -As I understand it, Haruhi may or may not be God
    -There's something called the "Endless Eight" in which the episodes are repeated in some fashion (somebody expressed it as, "Eight episodes of not this shit again.")
    -There's the series and then a movie about her disappearance or something? I thought I heard some people say the movie is (even) better than the series

There's my odd hodgepodge of knowledge on it. I just never got excited about it because I generally need a good reason to watch school anime.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: and I like this AMV of the series
    Love that AMV.

You're basically correct in what you've heard. Honestly the two most polarizing things about the series are Haruhi herself (she's kind of a twat) and the Endless Eight. I loathed Endless Eight first time around because I wanted to blitz through to find out what came next. When I rewatched the series, the Endless Eight didn't bother me nearly as much as it did the first time (I hadn't actually planned on watching all eight episodes, you can watch the first, second, and eighth episodes and not miss anything too important) and it actually kinda made the movie better (the movie really is pretty damn good). Which order (broadcast order or chronological order) seems to have a big impact on enjoyment as well. Chronological order is so much better imo.

Most people I know that watched it and told me about it before I watched it myself hated it and told me that I probably wouldn't like it, but I ended up loving it and buying the novels. Judging by your taste, I think you'd actually really like it but dislike certain things about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Koe no Katachi tie-in to Haruhi (besides KyoAni adaptation): movie-making arc was worst arc

10+ Year Old Account
    It was just me musing on how odd it is that the higher the quality of review the less discussion it sparks.
    If I haven't seen the show there is literally nothing for me to comment on, and if half of the review is in spoiler tags there's no way i'll read the majority of it to avoid the spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    False. They're all best girl, the real question here is who is the bestest.
    Chizuru .

- - - Updated - - -

Qualidea Code - I enjoyed this a looot more than I thought I would. The first half felt a bit cliche, but then that second half came around, which was amazing. It feels very much like Mahouka to me, but in a post apocalyptic setting, and everyone knows the MC is powerful right off the bat. Is this the one people were excited about because it doesn't have any ecchi or harem elements to it?

It definitely doesn't seem like it'll be another one of the various magical high school ecchi harem shitty shows that air each season, but something different. Let's hope that stays true.

Also RIP coup forces in Turkey. It was a valiant effort. Time for the executions.

I miss Flying Witch. The OP just came on my playlist and as soon as it started I got comfy withdrawals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Chizuru .
    Hishiron, making autism moe again. I liked her the best

That scene during the ending credits of the last episode where Rena is chasing Ooga, and steps back to tell Chizuru that she's going to beat her, and Chizuru gives her that quick autism smile, I laughed so damn hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Qualidea Code - I enjoyed this a looot more than I thought I would. The first half felt a bit cliche, but then that second half came around, which was amazing. It feels very much like Mahouka to me, but in a post apocalyptic setting, and everyone knows the MC is powerful right off the bat. Is this the one people were excited about because it doesn't have any ecchi or harem elements to it?

It definitely doesn't seem like it'll be another one of the various magical high school ecchi harem shitty shows that air each season, but something different. Let's hope that stays true.
    I've only seen the first episode but I liked it more than I thought I would. I honestly only wanted to check it out because I wanted to see what Watari was wasting his time on instead of writing Oregairu vol 12.

The premise is pretty cliché but the girls were cute and the art and animation were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hishiron, making autism moe again.
    Have you seen Denpa Onna? That's all you need for moe autism.

I've only seen the first episode but I liked it more than I thought I would. I honestly only wanted to check it out because I wanted to see what Watari was wasting his time on instead of writing Oregairu vol 12.

The premise is pretty cliché but the girls were cute and the art and animation were good.
    Wait. It's written by Oregairu's author? The fuck. That makes me so much more hype.

I'm fine with cliche premises if the first episode is executed properly (most anime of this type aren't, and it's easy to spot). Mahouka started cliche and it's one of my favorite shows.

Nope it's been on my PTW for a while though.

Wait. It's written by Oregairu's author? The fuck. That makes me so much more hype.

I'm fine with cliche premises if the first episode is executed properly (most anime of this type aren't, and it's easy to spot). Mahouka started cliche and it's one of my favorite shows.
    It's a group of 3 LN authors, Oregairu, Hentai Prince & Stony Cat, and Date a Live authors

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope it's been on my PTW for a while though.
    Watch it!

It's a group of 3 LN authors, Oregairu, Hentai Prince & Stony Cat, and Date a Live authors
    Ah, okay. The first two are great, and Date A Live isn't bad, I just think the anime wasn't executed as well as it could have been. Tried to be too ecchi (not sure how bad the LN was in this regard). Though with Qualidea Code not being an ecchi, it doesn't seem like something to worry about with this show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    [video=youtube;LsX9bFgyobc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsX9bFgyobc&feature=youtu.be[video]
    When will people realize you don't actually have to stand right on top of the Pokemon to catch it, and can just click it, even if it shows up across the street. Not to mention 80% of the time you don't have to look at the app, and can just wait for it to vibrate. It's seriously not hard to be careful while playing this game. Texting would have done the same thing to this girl.

how have i never seen this

how have i never seen this
    because you don't read all the posts in this thread?!

anybody heard from bals lately don't think that niggas posted since like 2006

anybody heard from bals lately don't think that niggas posted since like 2006

wait what happened to the youtube video of kon talking about meeting whats his name in the hotel room?!
    Last edited by bals; 2016-07-16 at 08:44 AM.

re:zero 15: I'm late to the party but this fucking episode. 10/10.

So many amazing scenes. I absolutely loved how Puck was the only one remaining both times Subaru died. I'm so glad I picked this one up despite the incredibly cringy and cliché neet in an alternative world shit

10+ Year Old Account
    tall onee-san best

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    https://streamable.com/5mc1

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?