Page 1 of 36
... LastLast

[TV/Netflix] Stranger Things (Possible spoilers)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strang...gs_(TV_series)

This show is amazing! I literally watched the whole series in one sitting.

It's a little bit like E.T., Goonies, Super8, Akira and Stephen King all rolled into 1 show. It's 80's period piece, with an INCREDIBLE soundtrack that is spot on with the choice in songs and the heavy use of synthesizers. The acting is mostly superb(Winona Ryder is a little over the top the first couple episodes), the kids nailed the 80's mannerisms and the actors all fell into their characters really well early in the series.

Basic no spoilers synopsis - A young boy vanishes without a trace. His friends and family set out to find him. They meet a young girl with psychic abilities and battle a mysterious force and a cold war era covert government agency.

If you are an 80's kid or heavy into the supernatural/paranormal, you will be really impressed with the minor details that the creators put in. The minor details are almost like easter eggs. If you're not paying attention, it really makes no difference, but the creators really went the extra mile to touch on nostalgia and pay homage to the era.

My personal rating is a solid 9/10. It may be one of, if not, my favorite shows/series to date.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-04-02 at 05:07 PM.

I'm watching it now, just finished the 2nd episode, great so far and i'm 47, an 80's kid

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    I'm watching it now, just finished the 2nd episode, great so far and i'm 47, an 80's kid
    Enjoy the ride!

80's kid too. Reminds me a lot of that era, Stephen King's work at the time in particular.

Damn, didn't know this was released yet. Will start watching tonight.

It's pretty brilliant so far, very Super 8/Spielberg vibe, crossed with a Stephen King story. I like it a lot.

Deleted
    What an amazing series. I just couldn´t stop watching. Got that Twilight zone(music)/ET/Goonies vibe to it.

A must watch tbh.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's not really my style of show based on the trailer. If I watch the first episode will it be indicative of the rest of the season and I can judge from there?

Watched 4 episodes since reading this thread, gonna finish it tomorrow morning. Really enjoying it even if most of it is centered around kids. Love the mysterious vibe to it.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Agreed.

It's really good so far. Creepy. I also like how the brainy bunch of kids actually do seem pretty.. brainy and act pretty well. And their teamwork is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's not really my style of show based on the trailer. If I watch the first episode will it be indicative of the rest of the season and I can judge from there?
    You'll probably be able to tell within the first 30 minutes if you'll keep watching or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't watched it yet, but looking forward to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

6 episodes in, I almost didn't start it when I saw Wynona was the first billed, but liked Modine enough to give it a shot. This show really is navigated by the kids (the younger trio+ girl and the teen group) and not too much from the adults. Wynona is tolerable. she's sort of morphed into a debra winger type in her old age.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    I like it a lot. Not many did that to me but I stayed till 3am as well and wanted to keep watching last episode to go - already feel upset about it ha ha

Just finished it, definitely up there among the best shows.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

15+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the first episode. Loving the 80's vibe! I miss my childhood!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

I watched the first episode.

Yeah it does have that theme of being an 80s movie I guess. I mean, it's not particularly nostalgic for me so it's not like I'm biased to liking the show because of it. But it does feel crisp and clean.

It was okay. Teenage drama about the smart chick getting nailed by some high school guy is boring.
    The young kids/main characters look fine. They didn't do anything particularly captivating.
    The plot with the cop is pretty cliche but I still like him.
    The mad science lab/government part is dumb.
    The new kid/diner owner is my fucking favorite storyline I mean, it WAS my favorite storyline. When he got shot my jaw dropped and I covered my mouth I was so shocked and upset.

It feels like a fun show just because of it's old theme and that it's crisp but the story doesn't look compelling. Not sure if I'm supposed to watch it for an 80s middle/high school lifestyle show, or if there's actually fun science fiction behind it, or if it has a clever plot.

I'm not trying to complain, it's just that a lot of people on here are rating it really highly and I think it's okay like a niche-okay type of show.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2016-07-18 at 06:18 PM.

i hope season 2 would be a completely different story with other actors, i dont feel they really need to expand much after the ending of season 1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Just watched the first episode. Loving the 80's vibe! I miss my childhood!
    it gave me the goonies/goosebumps vibe

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    it gave me the goonies/goosebumps vibe
    Goonies was super great when I was a kid. Loved that movie.

I hated the trailer, but gave the first episode a shot. Watched the entire thing in one go, and man, what a good show. The kids were great, which is awesome, because kids in most shows and movies are the weakest link. I also liked how they made it so that the girl's asshole boyfriend turned out to not quite be such an asshole, though I would have liked to see her go with the other guy. Still, subverting tropes is always nice.