Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    So, how's everyone doing in GW2? These forums have been quite silent lately.

I'm loving the raid bosses and the various collections (fractals, etc) so far. There's so much to do now, it's actually great seeing how far this game has come since the original launch.

The HoT story has also confirmed again that ANet has the absolute worst writers in the history of mankind lmao.
    Like Kel, I got burnt out on the mastery grind after a couple weeks. The new zone event design is a great start in a new direction, but success is still entirely dependant on getting lucky and dropped into a map full of players who are actually working towards the objective. Made worse by the fact that it all runs on timers, meaning that unless you get in exactly on time your out of luck and will be faced with an unwinnable map instance (I'm looking at you, Dragon's Stand!).

I have had no luck getting into a raid pug, despite being a druid.

Dragon Stand and Auric Basin, when the timer (there's one on Dulfy) pops, you look in group finder and get shuffled to an organized instance/ zone. Both zones are doable in this manner in a consistent basis. (Not that you'll always win, but mostly you will.)

Tangled Depths, even organized you may fail because one lane failed by 2%. The one time I got it, I didn't get one of the drops (for Rev armor), and put in a ticket, they told me to just do it again, I told them good luck with that, they said they couldn't help. A couple more failures later, I just gave up (didn't need it for Horologicus) and they happened to send me a survey on how to rate their customer service. I said it sucked, someone reviewed something, they emailed to ask me for a screen shot of me not having the item, then they gave me the item.

GW2's customer service is just odd. Sending them a screen shot of something not happening just always feels wierd to me.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    As for the grindy masteries: ANet's been fine-tuning the system since launch and I think it's in a good place right now. Once you have the 3 essential masteries (gliding, updraft, bouncing mushrooms) you can do every event, personal story, etc.
    My only gripe is with the Tyria masteries... It would take forever to get them but you can circumvent that with a 2-hour CoF farm.
    Well, IIRC, Exalted markings and Nuhoch hunting were required to progress in the personal story as well (as in, you can't get to the next story step without them, much like gliding after step 1). However, you should train the Nuhoch mastery track up untill level 2 anyways, since Nuhoch wallows will reduce your travel time significantly in some maps (auric basin and tangled depths come to mind here). Exalted Markings is somewhat less useful, but you need it to join the minigames that are used to determine who gets an exalted armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortcut View Post
    Well, IIRC, Exalted markings and Nuhoch hunting were required to progress in the personal story as well (as in, you can't get to the next story step without them, much like gliding after step 1). However, you should train the Nuhoch mastery track up untill level 2 anyways, since Nuhoch wallows will reduce your travel time significantly in some maps (auric basin and tangled depths come to mind here). Exalted Markings is somewhat less useful, but you need it to join the minigames that are used to determine who gets an exalted armor.
    They backed those requirements out a week or two after the Xpac launched You need very few masteries to get through the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    They backed those requirements out a week or two after the Xpac launched You need very few masteries to get through the whole story.
    You still need Exalted Markings and Nuhock Hunting (assuming those are the level 1 masteries respectively) before you can do much in the story in each of those zones. They backed off the poison one, but I don't recall any others getting pulled off.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You still need Exalted Markings and Nuhock Hunting (assuming those are the level 1 masteries respectively) before you can do much in the story in each of those zones. They backed off the poison one, but I don't recall any others getting pulled off.
    They basically made it so only the first lvl of masteries (Gliding, Exalted Markings, whatever the Nuhock one is) and then updrafts is all you need to finish. They took out the poison one and one other I've forgotten about now. I had already done all of it when they changed it so I didn't pay attention as much as I normally would have.

They basically made it so only the first lvl of masteries (Gliding, Exalted Markings, whatever the Nuhock one is) and then updrafts is all you need to finish. They took out the poison one and one other I've forgotten about now. I had already done all of it when they changed it so I didn't pay attention as much as I normally would have.
    Right, Exalted Markings and Nuhock Hunting are the first ranks, which is what Shortcut said above.
    I noticed them since I had to grind them out in order to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Right, Exalted Markings and Nuhock Hunting are the first ranks, which is what Shortcut said above.
    I noticed them since I had to grind them out in order to progress.
    So he did... idk how I failed so hard at reading there. I thought he was saying there were masteries further down the trees needed ><

Also as a side note to leveling the Tyria masteries... I get why people do the CoF farm, but that just seems super painful to me. I generally prefer to work on those by doing Silverwastes for awhile. I enjoy the meta there and it is very much more interesting than farming one part of CoF for a few hours.

Deleted
    So he did... idk how I failed so hard at reading there. I thought he was saying there were masteries further down the trees needed ><

Also as a side note to leveling the Tyria masteries... I get why people do the CoF farm, but that just seems super painful to me. I generally prefer to work on those by doing Silverwastes for awhile. I enjoy the meta there and it is very much more interesting than farming one part of CoF for a few hours.
    Well, I did mention that you would get Nuhoch hunting anyways since you would want to grind for Nuhoch wallows, but wallows aren't neccesary for the story (even though they do make travel in auric basin and tangled depths so much easier).

Deleted
    real off-topic but this made me think of a jumping puzzle in guild wars 2 (hidden strawberry patch maybe?): http://imgur.com/gallery/yiTn9

Reminds me of the one ascalonian vista right as you exit Black Citadel.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    real off-topic but this made me think of a jumping puzzle in guild wars 2 (hidden strawberry patch maybe?): http://imgur.com/gallery/yiTn9

Pretty cool. Do you know where this is located?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Pretty cool. Do you know where this is located?
    Hawarden Mill in Wales (England) according to the comments

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    Hawarden Mill in Wales (England) according to the comments
    So it's a Welsh....Gearbit? *drumroll*
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    *added in spoiler tags because it concerns a claimed leak and some people might not want to see any of that in case it is true and they don't want to be spoiled -Arlee

[url]https://imgur.com/a/MXIqt[/url]

possible leaks of future expansion content n stuff. which includes new specializations, maps and mounts.

(edited since possible spoiler)
    [COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

note how there's no leak for the elementalist spec though. Since they had trouble squeezing the tempest through, i'm sure they're still met with a challenge as elementalists are already incredibly diverse.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2017-05-02 at 02:19 PM.

Deleted
    Since it seems that all images from the leak were deleted.
    For everyone who wants to see them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSNR-2BikpA

*edited to put "leak" link in spoiler tags so no one accidentally clicks when they don't mean to. - Arlee
    Last edited by Arlee; 2017-05-02 at 04:05 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mounts. With abilities. Hype.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Mounts. With abilities. Hype.
    I'm avoiding most of the stuff from leaks, but this is one thing that is painfully uninteresting to me. Hoping that either the leaks are bunk (the few bits I've seen are not great but, as I've said, I'm avoiding them so I've not seen most of it) or that it ends up being a lot more interesting than it sounds. I really want to love the next expansion because I loved the base game, but if it's HoT 2.0 then I likely won't even be picking it up : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Referring to the thing. They arent like traditional things in other mmos. If the leaks are two then things have specific abilities.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm avoiding most of the stuff from leaks, but this is one thing that is painfully uninteresting to me. Hoping that either the leaks are bunk (the few bits I've seen are not great but, as I've said, I'm avoiding them so I've not seen most of it) or that it ends up being a lot more interesting than it sounds. I really want to love the next expansion because I loved the base game, but if it's HoT 2.0 then I likely won't even be picking it up : /
    Sooo much this. I fail to see the point of them adding that particular spoilered out item you're referring to in this game.

I put the better part of 2000 hours into the base game (and that's paltry compared to some players) and maybe all of 20 into HoT. I'm not looking to pay 50 bucks for a glorified content patch, so for their next xpac, I'll happily wait a couple of weeks to see what the verdict is before I consider buying it.