... LastLast

[BREWMASTER] 7.X Discussion Thread

Here's all the pertinent Brewmaster resources for Legion:

Guides:
    Wowhead - The host of BrewingScribe's quick and dirty Brewmaster Guide
    PeakOfSerenity - A Monk site for Monks, by Monks

Other:
    Discord - the main chat channel for conversations about all things Monk

As more resources arise, they'll of course be added to the list.

Hmm i can't seem to unsummon Dave anymore. Anyone else having that problem?
    Sry 4 bad english if present :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anachon View Post
    Hmm i can't seem to unsummon Dave anymore. Anyone else having that problem?
    /click TotemFrameTotem1 RightButton

I know, doesn't work anymore on german servers. I'm gonna flip if they want those to be translated too now....

Also on that note, did they change the way talent rows are recognised by macros? I tried fixing my "one button for all spells" macros but all attempts failed.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, help] [] Disabling Technique
    ... still works but ...
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, help] [] [talent:1/1] Chi Burst; [talent:1/3] Chi Wave
    ... only registers Chi Burst but not Chi Wave. Similar problem with the new Lvl75 row, there it only accepts DH but not the other two.
    Sry 4 bad english if present :P

Anyone else try mythic raiding as brewmaster yet? Felt boring and gimmicky tonight. People in raid started asking me about this skill or that skill and it always seemed like they were asking about ones that were removed like Keg Toss. I started looking at Guardian Druid and there were choices to be made tanking as druid like we used to do when the good ones could keep ourselves alive by carefully stringing together skills. Brew now feels like I am waiting for something and it never comes to pass.

Pretty upset with the changes. Brewmaster was such a fun class to play and now it's just boring. I don't feel like I'm mitigating anywhere near the amount of damage that I used to and my damage is also a lot lower as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting wrecked by dummies now. Even the normal dummy in my garrison. Before patch I never died. Ugh.

How's tanking mythic dungeons after prepatch?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I'm getting wrecked by dummies now. Even the normal dummy in my garrison. Before patch I never died. Ugh.

How's tanking mythic dungeons after prepatch?
    since all tanks lost their invincibility dummies are no longer a good massurement. thats more than true for BrM who are there for smooth damage and not so much for reducing damage
    and even more true without OD for your improved selfhealing

With the 4 set, trinket, and Black Ox Brew you can basically be really dumb and just pile on the Ironskin Brew for ages. Biggest thing we're obviously missing right now is an emergency heal (as mentioned, no OD till Legion). Luckily from last night I seemed easily healable (even through Manno's glaive combos that didn't get the third hit taunted off) so its not too big a deal right this second.

I will say my bigger issue was bigwigs not working (initially anyway, got an update partway through the night) and just how unready I was to be staring at manno's crotch. Also friendly tip, make sure you go to the interface>camera menu and crank that suck up to far because prepatch kicked that all the way down to near for me.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Hey guys, Im trying to understand this stagger spreadsheet provided by Madgod, but I dont get why the damage taken if purified is almost always higher than the damage taken if not purified. What am I missing?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1852443734

Quote Originally Posted by Arman Kharas View Post
    Anyone else try mythic raiding as brewmaster yet? Felt boring and gimmicky tonight. People in raid started asking me about this skill or that skill and it always seemed like they were asking about ones that were removed like Keg Toss. I started looking at Guardian Druid and there were choices to be made tanking as druid like we used to do when the good ones could keep ourselves alive by carefully stringing together skills. Brew now feels like I am waiting for something and it never comes to pass.
    Waiting for something? I was literally gcd capped and full health the entire time barely ever using purify. Not that it matters as there is always cases like this in the pre xpac patch(and we already knew this was the case at 100) but right now as long as a BRM has some hots on them they're literally unkillable. It's pretty boring tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    since all tanks lost their invincibility dummies are no longer a good massurement. thats more than true for BrM who are there for smooth damage and not so much for reducing damage
    and even more true without OD for your improved selfhealing
    Not to mention the garrison dungeon dummy now gains a stacking buff which it didn't before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Waiting for something? I was literally gcd capped and full health the entire time barely ever using purify. Not that it matters as there is always cases like this in the pre xpac patch(and we already knew this was the case at 100) but right now as long as a BRM has some hots on them they're literally unkillable. It's pretty boring tbh.
    What kind of build were you running?

The only boss that gave me any headaches was Mannoroth with the Glaive Combo sequence. It might have been more the healers getting used to the incoming damage at that point. But I tried out multiple set ups and eventually landed on Blackout combo, and I was using more haste gear to spam brews.

Edit - this was on mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Staggered View Post
    What kind of build were you running?

The only boss that gave me any headaches was Mannoroth with the Glaive Combo sequence. It might have been more the healers getting used to the incoming damage at that point. But I tried out multiple set ups and eventually landed on Blackout combo, and I was using more haste gear to spam brews.

Edit - this was on mythic
    Didn't change anything from before the patch. Still in mostly mastery and crit gear, class trinket. Killed full mythic short of archimonde(which wasn't a fault of either tank, GG people that can't handle mechanics properly when p3 lasts longer). Overall it was a joke, no I can't keep myself alive anymore but if a healer even sneezes on you you're back to full health.

Logged in and started preparing my weak auras for the expansion. The strings are trivial, but it made life a lot easier. (http://i.imgur.com/qlL3GOT.jpg)

So I got a ISB group that shows charges with additional textures and one progress texture for approx cooldown aswell as a ISB duration progress bar to put right next to sunnier's stagger bar.
    Dynamic group that sorts my rota by what's coming up next. (Icons+Bars atm, prog textures instead once I get around to making a cool ox-themed skin but that might take a while) Same for CC/trinket stuff.

What other stuff would strike you as worth putting in a prominent place?
    Last edited by meob; 2016-07-20 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    When you use one of your brews every 6 seconds and you used ISB and purify now, then the damage taken per second will increase for a few seconds due to a still quite high stagger dot and no ISB up. However when you start to activate ISB again after 6 seconds you while have a window where your damage taken will be lower than average. It is quite counter intuitive in that scenario, that PB will increase damage for the next few seconds but ISB will reduce it.

You should for a more easy time just try to keep ISB up all the time and purify if you have charges left and the dot gets out of control

Quote Originally Posted by peuserejo View Post
    Hey guys, Im trying to understand this stagger spreadsheet provided by Madgod, but I dont get why the damage taken if purified is almost always higher than the damage taken if not purified. What am I missing?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1852443734
    I'm guessing the table shows you how much damage you will take/will have taken at that time if you were to press ISB or Purify at that point, respectively. As it takes time for Stagger's damage to ramp up to the point where your DTPS is the same as if you weren't staggering, Purify will be weaker than ISB until you get closer to that point. Looks like Purify starts pulling even/ahead at around 13 seconds for those damage values.

I'm sure the spreadsheet contributors can better explain it than I, however.

I play WW but I have a general tank question and I know i can trust my brewmaster bros. The wife plays a tank and obviously since they changed name plates (which we know can be configured to be larger) they no longer show threat transitions. I tested myself on my BM and they only thing the nameplates show is a quick flash for when threat is completely lost. If i recall, prior to the prepatch, if mobs had threat on you they had name plate borders would glow yellow? And there were ques if threat was transitioning.
    The question is, is there anything in options to change it back to how it was to be more noticeable?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    I play WW but I have a general tank question and I know i can trust my brewmaster bros. The wife plays a tank and obviously since they changed name plates (which we know can be configured to be larger) they no longer show threat transitions. I tested myself on my BM and they only thing the nameplates show is a quick flash for when threat is completely lost. If i recall, prior to the prepatch, if mobs had threat on you they had name plate borders would glow yellow? And there were ques if threat was transitioning.
    The question is, is there anything in options to change it back to how it was to be more noticeable?
    Just get an addon for it, default plates are awful for tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Noruego View Post
    Just get an addon for it, default plates are awful for tanking.
    Yeah I know. And i'm using tidy plates myself. But alas she has a shit mac and tidy plates doesn't work. I take it there isn't any options to get the default bars to be more clear?

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Pretty upset with the changes. Brewmaster was such a fun class to play and now it's just boring. I don't feel like I'm mitigating anywhere near the amount of damage that I used to and my damage is also a lot lower as well.
    I am in the same spot. I tanked on both Prot Pally and BrM Monk through WoD and I loved both playstyles. I feel this patch has completely changed what I loved about both of them.

I used my Legion boost on a druid (haven't played druid since BC) and I am loving it. I still have a soft spot for my monk, but what can I do...