Thread: Mage Macros

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    The talent macros are not working for me anymore. Anyone knows a replacement?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    The talent macros are not working for me anymore. Anyone knows a replacement?
    same problem here, haven't found a fix yet.

But I got a different question. I'm annoyed of the 2 different foods a mage conjures depending on being in a group or solo....
    Someone knows a good macro to use which ever food you got in your bag and which shows the amount?

Whats the macro to prevent accidentaly casting pyroblast when the proc is not up? I dont see anyhting like this on first post.

Deleted
    There is no such macro anymore because the spell is the same name nowadays.

Wow, this thread is sorely outdated since the Legion Expansion was released.

Quote Originally Posted by LI2Atronach View Post
    same problem here, haven't found a fix yet.

But I got a different question. I'm annoyed of the 2 different foods a mage conjures depending on being in a group or solo....
    Someone knows a good macro to use which ever food you got in your bag and which shows the amount?
    Far from perfect, but:
    #showtooltip
    /use [group]Conjured Mana Fritter; Conjured Mana Pudding
    This should display/use the group item when in a group, the solo version otherwise.
    If you want, you can add another line
    /use [nogroup]Conjured Mana Fritter; Conjured Mana Pudding
    which would make you use whichever of those two items is in your bag.

I´m having some issues with Fire Blast.

Currently I have Fire Blast on scroll wheel forward and Flame On on scroll wheel backward. However I keep using both Fire Blast charges.

I tried with this macro I found: /castsequence reset=0.5 Fire Blast, Languages

However it acts a little weird. It only seems to work following an instant cast. If I use it following/during a spell with cast time it I just end up using both charges.

I would really like to keep my Fire Blast on scroll wheel. So is there anyway to make a macro preventing you from using both charges when spamming it?

Cast sequence means it casts in order. And resets after 0.5 sec.
    This means clicking 2x still uses both charges.
    You have to scroll only once or put another spell behind the fireblast.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentbob78 View Post
    I´m having some issues with Fire Blast.

Currently I have Fire Blast on scroll wheel forward and Flame On on scroll wheel backward. However I keep using both Fire Blast charges.

I tried with this macro I found: /castsequence reset=0.5 Fire Blast, Languages

However it acts a little weird. It only seems to work following an instant cast. If I use it following/during a spell with cast time it I just end up using both charges.

I would really like to keep my Fire Blast on scroll wheel. So is there anyway to make a macro preventing you from using both charges when spamming it?
    Honestly just take it off of your scroll wheel. No way you can reliably only rotate it once to just get one cast every time.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi all, here to share my macro's because i have this habit of sometimes double tabbing keys:

Pyroblast macro:
    #showtooltip Pyroblast
    /cast [nochanneling] Pyroblast
    /cancelqueuedspell
    It prevents queuing an extra Pyroblast after the instant cast. So you wont be hard casting by accident. (Unless you keep pressing it forever).

Fire Blast Macro:

#showtooltip Fire blast
    /castsequence [nochanneling]reset=1 !Fire blast,stopmacro
    It prevents blasting the 2nd charge of Fire Blast instantly.

Fireball macro:
    /targetenemy [noexists][noharm][dead]
    /cast Fireball
    I hope u can use them!
    Last edited by shade3891; 2017-03-12 at 10:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    It prevents queuing an extra Pyroblast after the instant cast. So you wont be hard casting by accident. (Unless you keep pressing it forever).
    I believe the main reason people hard cast isn't that. It's that they queue a Pyro before Hot Streak! has procced, and that means they queued a Pyro that was the hard-casting version while they believed it will be instant. It's basically the thought "OK, I Fire Blasted/Fireballed, next Pyro is instant right?" (not necessarily, yet).

Deleted
    well practicaly sometimes because latency because ghosting and of course our mashed up furious cast that spell i want more dps.... leads to improper results :P

Hello!

I need some help with my polymorph macro. I am not too into complex macros, I only do some simple ones for me. Also, I am an old player, and thus my commands might be off with the new ones and macro cleanup performed some time ago. I want it to do the following:

Cast polymorph on mouseover, always, if I am mouseovering any valid target. For that, I got:

#showtooltip Polymorph
    /castrandom [@mouseover, harm, nodead] Polymorph(pig), Polymorph(sheep), Polymorph(polar bear cub), Polymorph(black cat)

I want it to set focus on mouseover if I haven't any focus yet:
    /setfocus [@mouseover, @Focus, noexists]

And then if I have a focus already, cast Polymorph on the focus target:
    /castrandom @Focus, exists] Polymorph(pig), Polymorph(sheep), Polymorph(polar bear cub), Polymorph(black cat)

If I got a target and no focus cast it at that:
    /castrandom [@target, nofocus] Polymorph(pig), Polymorph(sheep), Polymorph(polar bear cub), Polymorph(black cat)

Can someone make it work for me? What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by Well; 2018-03-18 at 01:20 PM.

I have a couple macros that i really enjoy... This first one polys your target if you have no focus and makes your target your focus. Then since you have a focus it will poly that target. Great for pvp.

#showtooltip Polymorph
    /clearfocus [@focus,dead][@focus,noexists][mod:shift][@focus,noharm]
    /focus [@focus,noexists]
    /cast [@focus]Polymorph(Pig)

This one is an all in one Pet macro. It will summon your pet if needed and if it is summoned it will cast its freeze.

#showtooltip [@pet,nodead,exists]Freeze;Summon Water Elemental
    /cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
    /cast [@pet,dead] Summon Water Elemental
    /stopmacro [@pet,dead]
    /cast Freeze
    /petattack

This one is simple and most of you should have it, but it is a simple macro that will change depending on what talent you choose.

#showtooltip
    /cast [talent:7/3] Glacial Spike; [talent:7/2] Ray of Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    Playing a fire mage is like playing the lottery
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschatonin View Post
    People think its easy because they hear about the few who win?

Here are a few of my more complex macros:

Combined Spellsteal / Remove Curse
    I love this one for Mythic+. The ordering of the spells was done to minimize the length of the macro. I use Frozen Orb and Counterspell on the same key but you can change them to any other spell(s) that you like. Either Remove Curse or Spellsteal has to be relegated to only being a mouseover ability or you won't be able to use the other when you have any friendly or enemy targeted.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Frozen Orb(); [mod:alt,@mouseover,harm,known:30449] Spellsteal;
    [mod:alt,@mouseover,help,known:475][mod:alt,help,known:475] Remove Curse; [@mouseover][] Counterspell

Slowfall
    Slowfalls yourself or your allies and removes the effect on yourself when you double tap which allows for a faster and more controllable landing.
    /cancelaura [nomod] Slow Fall
    /cast [mod,@player][@mouseover,help][help][@player] Slow Fall
    /cleartarget [help]

Movement macro
    My mount macro becomes useless in combat so it also includes Blink.
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    /cast [mod:shift,nocombat] [combat,nomounted] [indoors] Blink; [button:2] Savage Green Battle Turtle; [mod] Ash'adar, Harbinger of Dawn; Cliffside Wylderdrake
    /dismount [mounted]

Alter Time
    Works like the basic spell but you can hold down a modifier key to cancel the effect.
    #showtooltip Alter Time
    /cancelaura [mod] Alter Time
    /cast [nomod] Alter Time

Most of my other macros are just two spells that I pick based on whether I'm holding a modifier key or not.
    Last edited by DisRuptive1; 2023-06-05 at 08:12 AM.