Page 2 of 124 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotdabow View Post
    You can use crackling jade lightning and/or flying serpent kick (double tap so you don't go very far) and it counts as a damage source (CJL doesn't even have to tick, just casted) for our mastery.

EDIT: When I say use CJL, I mean cast it and instantly interrupt it. It doesn't have to do any damage, just as long as you cast it between two BoK's (or whatever you've got available to use) you're good.
    At that point your better off using tiger punch at full chi. Whenever I have downtime I just cycle through tp and bok and your cds will come up before you run out of energy, and by the time you run out of cds your energy is back so you lost nothing
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    At that point your better off using tiger punch at full chi. Whenever I have downtime I just cycle through tp and bok and your cds will come up before you run out of energy, and by the time you run out of cds your energy is back so you lost nothing
    At that point you're definitely not better off using TP at full chi. It may be easier, but you'll be better off BoK > CJL/FSK > BoK > TP or simply SCK > TP
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Anyone having Roll and Flying Serpent Kick issues? I'm getting stuck on invisible walls, or for FSK it'll move me JUST a tiny bit, stall out and then the game acts like I'm lagging out and I'll majorly overshoot where I intended to go.

Deleted
    Anyone know the new opener yet?

How so? Surely tp hits harder than jade lightning. Since your losing no resources in this situation you have to look at what does raw damage and tp surely does more raw damage than CJL
    Last edited by Butosai; 2016-07-20 at 02:16 PM.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Anybody else absolutely HATE the new Mastery: Combo Strikes?
    I was extremely happy when I saw Blackout Kick being reduced to 1 chi, which solved my downtime issues.
    However now it feels like there's more downtime than ever, because I cannot use 2 blackout kick in a row without feeling like I'm hindering my damage.
    I hated it at first on the beta, but after playing it for a while I started to love it. Part of the game becomes about weaving in lesser used abilities to maintain your Mastery bonus, especially when you have the Hit Combo talent. And you can customize too. If you find yourself locked you can use Chi Wave or Energizing Elixirs or RJW. I really like that the spec constantly has you sort of considering what your next 3 or 4 abilities are going to be at any given time.

Anyone having Roll and Flying Serpent Kick issues? I'm getting stuck on invisible walls, or for FSK it'll move me JUST a tiny bit, stall out and then the game acts like I'm lagging out and I'll majorly overshoot where I intended to go.
    Yes it's been a bug on the beta for a while FSK and roll both get stuck mid way through quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidden View Post
    Anyone know the new opener yet?
    Assuming you have t18 2-set, I assume it's: energizing elixir, ToD, SEF, RSK, FoF, Whirling Dragon Punch, and then into the normal rotation.

The only question is if you're taking Hit Combo, if it's worth waiting for a full stack. My initial guess is that it's ok to delay if it doesn't impact the total number of SEF/FoF/WDP you can do in a fight. For instance, if the fight is like 70 seconds long, it doesn't matter since you're only going to get 3 casts of FoF in whether you cast the first one at 4 seconds into the fight or 13 seconds into the fight. But if the fight is only 60 seconds long you lose that third cast by delaying. Buffing that first cast by 16% is not worth it if you're losing a cast later on in the fight. Obviously, it's pretty hard to know exactly how long the fight is going to be, especially when we're talking about 24 second increments. I guess the simplest rule of thumb is that you just line up your big abilities for whenever the ring is going to be popped - if it gets used on the pull, use your abilities then! Or just talent RJW instead of Hit Combo and don't worry about it.
    Last edited by Dakiri; 2016-07-20 at 03:45 PM.

Hey, one quick question: Does Soul Capacitor work with the new SEF? Does it track the damage of your spirits? Is Soul Cap even worth it after the Trinket fix?

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    I hated it at first on the beta, but after playing it for a while I started to love it. Part of the game becomes about weaving in lesser used abilities to maintain your Mastery bonus, especially when you have the Hit Combo talent. And you can customize too. If you find yourself locked you can use Chi Wave or Energizing Elixirs or RJW. I really like that the spec constantly has you sort of considering what your next 3 or 4 abilities are going to be at any given time.
    The Mastery doesn't feel like a damage reward, it feels like a damage loss if you can't keep it up.
    It's not "cool I get 30% extra damage" it's "damn I lost 30% damage because my cooldowns didn't line up".

Worth noting: Rushing Jade Wind and Chi Wave both work with Combo Strikes, making it easier to keep the mastery up.
    Still though, I hate it. I wish our Mastery was something Wind related. Mistweavers heavily utilize Mist. Brewmasters heavily utilize Brew. Windwalkers... punch things.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    At that point you're definitely not better off using TP at full chi. It may be easier, but you'll be better off BoK > CJL/FSK > BoK > TP or simply SCK > TP
    Will the rotation guide on your site be updated to reflect this added complexity? Or do you think it probably won't be an issue when Legion hits? I am currently experiencing the same capping of Chi, and according to your priority list on the site as well as the AMR APL, Tiger Palm is the go-to at that point. If we're capping chi that means we clearly have more than enough for our heavy hitters, so hitting TP at cap shouldn't delay them or be an issue, yes?

Also noticed that the SDI proc counts towards mastery and hit combo, but is still different from a normal RSK, so if you used a free BoK and the trinket procced, you can BoK again with no mastery loss. Hard to watch for, but can help in the situation above if the stars align.
    Last edited by PinDrop; 2016-07-20 at 07:13 PM.

I hate the new SEF. It would be a little better if the charges recharged independently but it's basically pigeon hold the ability to use concurrently or you're wasting recharge time. Also annoying to have to choose between using it as a cleave/AoE ability (really they could have just given us the original RJW back with a different name to boost SCK) or as a dps cool down.

Feels like the general rotation is missing an ability which leads to every so often not being able to maintain mastery and that's using RJW and WDP. Hit combo would feel really cramped on maintaining mastery. Considering that a pure single target fight is rare and the talent change restrictions RJW would have to be the general go to talent.

It's nice not feeling like a princess at the start of a fight - damage is basically full from the get-go not having to get TP buff and RSK debuff up first. The cherry is not having TEB to provide such a large boost and our attacks feel threatening always. The old SEF is vastly superior and it would have made a lot more sense having a dedicated dps cool down (or none at all and balance everything around the notion of consistent dps). Funnily enough I find the Legion windwalker closer to 5.1 monk with the idea of damage consistency with little burst windows than the other iterations of windwalkers.

And again damn i hate the new SEF.

this is a reallly dumb question but i want to be 100% sure about it. does touch of death benefit from any dmg bonuses on the boss like feast of souls or is it always half of health + the % of mastery from that

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    this is a reallly dumb question but i want to be 100% sure about it. does touch of death benefit from any dmg bonuses on the boss like feast of souls or is it always half of health + the % of mastery from that
    it will gain extra damage with artifact perks, as far as damage midifiers, I believe they work but im not 100% sure. I mean the mastery is a damage modifier and that works
    Last edited by Butosai; 2016-07-20 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    How so? Surely tp hits harder than jade lightning. Since your losing no resources in this situation you have to look at what does raw damage and tp surely does more raw damage than CJL
    TP at full chi = loss of chi, energy, and a global, whereas using CJL/FSK at full chi only costs you the global. You can then use BoK without losing the mastery damage or hit combo stacks.

TP at full chi = loss of chi, energy, and a global, whereas using CJL/FSK at full chi only costs you the global. You can then use BoK without losing the mastery damage or hit combo stacks.
    If the loss of chi would not delay the use of any ability that costs chi, does it matter? As long as the energy spent on tiger palm in this scenario does not delay the use of it later on to build chi when needed, does it matter? Not capping resources only matters when resource income and spending is balanced. If you're making more chi than you can spend without losing mastery/hit combo, then capping is less of an issue, and doing more damage in that GCD with TP rather than a tick of CJL would be an overall increase, would it not?

On a realistic note, do we get to the point where we generate more chi than we're spending? I've not noticed in any beta testing that I've been at max chi and energy and had nothing to spend it on that wouldn't cause me to drop mastery or hit combo.

On a realistic note, do we get to the point where we generate more chi than we're spending? I've not noticed in any beta testing that I've been at max chi and energy and had nothing to spend it on that wouldn't cause me to drop mastery or hit combo.
    That's the fault of the garbage Combo Breaker mechanic they didn't bother to change. You're getting all these awful extra blackout kicks, Combo Breaker should instead have caused a reset of either rising sun kick or one of the chi spells from our talent row.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    That's the fault of the garbage Combo Breaker mechanic they didn't bother to change. You're getting all these awful extra blackout kicks, Combo Breaker should instead have caused a reset of either rising sun kick or one of the chi spells from our talent row.
    Again, lets be realistic here. If you're ever at max chi, its probably because you're pooling (or just used EE) to dump SoTW, FoF and RSK for when you use SEF or some sort of Feast of Souls-esque phase. I've never really been at max chi without having some ability to use and had to rely on using TP just to maintain mastery and hit combo.

EDIT: For what its worth, I'm assuming we're using Chi Wave, (I've tried with EE, Ascension and Power Strikes and never seemed to really cap on both energy and chi outside of just after popping EE of course), Hit Combo and WDP.

EDIT2: I have however experienced the opposite, being at very low energy and 1 chi with BoK being my last used ability, in which case I just CJL and BoK.
    Last edited by Shotdabow; 2016-07-20 at 10:56 PM.

Does anyone think the new SCK is kinda insane? got 300k ticks in HFC lol