Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    The game during WotLK was ridiculously dumb and easy to play. Like, seriously. Any idiot could play those specs on PVE and do half decently, it wasn't challenging at all.
    While I don't take it that far, I agree with the general sentiment. From a PvE standpoint I think that every expansion has been superior to the last in terms of mechanics. Not for every spec of every class on every encounter, but as a general trend. Say what you will about flavor or pruning or simplification, when it came down to it Blizzard was entirely successful with improving the class and encounter mechanics.

A personal anecdote to this is that I noticed how much harder it was for me to be top DPS in groups. In BC-WotLK I did pretty well for myself and as I played alt after alt I always seemed to be a superior player. But as time has gone on, I've noticed that I can no longer do this. It may be that I've just gotten worse. Or that as the population fell the most dedicated players were those who stayed. Or maybe the best players used to have more to do and it's only recently that I've run into them. I'm not writing this as a proof of anything, but I sincerely think that part of it is that the skill ceiling has gradually gone up and I could no longer compete with those who were better focused on a class and its mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    A personal anecdote to this is that I noticed how much harder it was for me to be top DPS in groups. In BC-WotLK I did pretty well for myself and as I played alt after alt I always seemed to be a superior player. But as time has gone on, I've noticed that I can no longer do this. It may be that I've just gotten worse. Or that as the population fell the most dedicated players were those who stayed. Or maybe the best players used to have more to do and it's only recently that I've run into them. I'm not writing this as a proof of anything, but I sincerely think that part of it is that the skill ceiling has gradually gone up and I could no longer compete with those who were better focused on a class and its mechanics.
    Combination of both I'm sure. I noticed I got worse at healing over the course of Cata, at least in comparison to my peers. Never did find my groove with Hunter in WoD. I didn't do terrible but I definitely wasn't top-tier like I was used to being. I also stopped raiding in Cata as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    The only two unique fights were Hans/Franz and the Train dude, rest were rehashed and boring.
    Blackhand was one of the best fights I've ever done. Hans and Franz were definitely the most unique along with the Train, but a lot of the other fights were still very fun. It's rare for raids to even have unique bosses, but to have a couple of unique bosses and still have the other 6-7 bosses in the raid entertaining at the least? Quite the accomplishment. Having been hardcore raiding since Ulduar, it may have been my favorite raid in the game, other than maybe ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Season 7 of D3 starts August 5th. I am thinking I am going to go Monk or Witch Doctor. Barb this season was a little frustrating with Furious Charge. I switched into Avalanche/Earthquake after I got everything I needed.
    I haven't decided yet what to do. I may fall back on the DH/Monk I'm used to, but I could try something new. I'll see what the FotM is first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm posting from my phone so maybe I might break quotes or do some typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    While I don't take it that far, I agree with the general sentiment. From a PvE standpoint I think that every expansion has been superior to the last in terms of mechanics. Not for every spec of every class on every encounter, but as a general trend. Say what you will about flavor or pruning or simplification, when it came down to it Blizzard was entirely successful with improving the class and encounter mechanics.
    I entirely agree with it. Sometimes more doesn't equal to harder and simplification not always translates into making it easier. A good example is the new talent system, some people claim that the old one was more complex and that you had to think more about what to pick and etc. That's complete bullshit.

In the previous system we had 2 or 3 viable talent distributions that you could choose to use and you would ultimately choose it otherwise your performance would suffer dramatically. There was always a "optimal build" that was mathematically superior and you had to stick with it if you wanted to be the most optimal. You also couldn't reset talents in the middle of the raid so you just used the overall best build and was done with it.

In the new system we have fewer talents, but they're all way more influential and can actually change the way you play the spec depending on what you pick. Since we could change talents without having to go to a city, you can also adapt your build depending on the encounter taking into consideration how the fight is. There isn't always a best build, it's situational. There's much more thought involved with this new system than the previous one ever had.
    The number of gimmicks people did in order to do more damage also increased dramatically in the last few expansions, from spamming pyros walking forward in order to fit 5 pyros in 4 GCDs to combust with a bigger ignite to swap gears 1s before the pull so you could benefit from some random set bonus... Storing 5 combo points before the fight, bugging ignite refreshing a big ignite into a small ignite that only has a tick left in order to make the last ticket do all the big damage of the other one so you can have a monster combustion that deals 5x more damage than intended, shit like this was all over the place and it wasn't really something a normal player would even think about doing. Every single thing matters and in the end the difference wasn't negligible. On top of it, the overall complexity of the rotations just went up and while doing "fine" was still quite easy, getting that extra damage was fairly complicated and challenging. I like it way more when it's rewarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Combination of both I'm sure. I noticed I got worse at healing over the course of Cata, at least in comparison to my peers. Never did find my groove with Hunter in WoD. I didn't do terrible but I definitely wasn't top-tier like I was used to being. I also stopped raiding in Cata as well.
    I didn't raid during Cata, stopped playing it after ICC and came back when MoP launched, but also only really came back to raiding on Throne of Thunder which was meh compared to SoO =p

10+ Year Old Account
    It is still easier to be in the top percentile of players. I was actually quite amazed on how I outhealed people who way over geared me in BRF. Or as a fire mage I would do more dps than people with better gear.

It took me a few minutes to read up on what changed with my classes. Afterwards i was back up to speed.

The thing i missed the most was 5.4 Enhance. Opening up with Lust and topping out at 1.5 million dps for 30 seconds then coming back to earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    It is still easier to be in the top percentile of players. I was actually quite amazed on how I outhealed people who way over geared me in BRF. Or as a fire mage I would do more dps than people with better gear.

It took me a few minutes to read up on what changed with my classes. Afterwards i was back up to speed.

The thing i missed the most was 5.4 Enhance. Opening up with Lust and topping out at 1.5 million dps for 30 seconds then coming back to earth.
    I hadn't played in almost a year and a half, don't know what the fuck I'm doing, have shitty gear, my rotation is new and confusing, and I go into LFR and still do top 5 damage with only hunters beating me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Hey, the show actually got good when Taiga was introduced.
    I feel like this is the only show I can actually rant about why I dislike it so far, but it would be too long to type right now, but the gist of it is so far- (All about Taboo Tattoo spoilers so far basically as warning)

They introduce the MC by him beating up some random thugs, okay, fair enough. Oh, random hobo happens to have this tattoo thing, this is pretty cliche already, but maybe it will be okay.

Next day, he gets to school, sitting there scratching at the tattoo, and suddenly his friends turn around and go "Oh, maybe it's one of those Top Secret US Government weapons".
    That was the first thing that killed this to me. Like, why the heck would they know about this "top secret weapon", it was completely unnecessary, and they easily could of just built up upon the mystery of this situation and used it for suspense instead of just having it blurted right out like that.

Okay, moving on though. Here comes literally the typical cliche "best friend since childhood who has crush on MC but MC is dense" character. Okay, maybe she'd be a good character if it wasn't for the fact that her character literally revolves around the MC. Also, at this point, if you're wondering why I'm not using their names, it's because I've completely and utterly forgotten them honestly.

Oh, and then from there, suddenly the US Government shows up demanding his tattoo back. Well, I guess this part is reasonable. But the fact that his tattoo is revealed to be activated from "blood" (Hey, kinda have that flowing through your body, dontcha? In episode 3 though it seems that it can't be his own blood, or that it has to be a lot of blood, kinda still in the air.) just seems so...what. Maybe it's just me nitpicking, but it seems a bit odd that if breaking chalk can activate one, how come another needs to have the blood go over the skin to activate? Also, what the hell do they even mean by "triggerless" tattoo, genuine question there, I thought they were saying how tattoos need to be activated by a "trigger" or something, yet he still requires blood?

I'll just skip the second part because I'm getting tired now, but for the most recent episode, I just can't get over "Hey, your friend suddenly has forehead tattoo, and we have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHY SHE DOES". These are the top secret weapons we've been using, but nah, this never happened. They've learned how to make fake versions of them, so there must be some extreme understanding of them though, right?

Lastly, WHY HASN'T HE TOLD THEM ABOUT HOW HE GOT THE TATTOO YET, THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO HELP YOU DUDE COME ONNNNNN

I just...I just don't know. Also this is probably messy as heck and jumps around a bit illogically, but I'm tired.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I feel like this is the only show I can actually rant about why I dislike it so far, but it would be too long to type right now, but the gist of it is so far- (All about Taboo Tattoo spoilers so far basically as warning)
    Oh, the show is definitely cliche, with some pretty bad storytelling, but the fight scenes are good and there's Taiga, so it's keeping my interest so far.

@Artorius

Chihayafuru 159 - When it showed that Chihaya was wearing Taichi's headband, I fucking lost it. The author turned a story arc I was absolutely hating into an arc that just keeps bringing the pain.

- - - Updated - - -

Chihayafuru 163 - It just keeps getting better. Season 3, 4, and 5 when.

- - - Updated - - -

Chihayafuru 168 - So she wins against Arata in the team competition and is now giving Shinobu a run for her money? Meanwhile Taichi's off learning how to be super-saiyan karuta master from the king himself.

joseis have such a hype manga no wonder they aren't putting out and making the birth rate drop
    Last edited by Sj; 2016-07-22 at 12:20 PM.

Random recommendation for the day:

Ghostblade webcomic. Well worth checking out for anyone into fantasy action-adventure types. The artwork is also incredible and unique.

And I'm caught up. God I can't wait for the next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    The art sure is ridonculously nice
    That's what I was thinking. It's hard for me to really appreciate being that I'm colorblind and the art style looks kinda muddy at times unless I switch my monitor to greyscale.

Deleted
    Well, you can easily tell Pokemon just released in Japan. Servers as dead as they could be.

#ポケモンGO was trending all day yesterday before falling off at around like 12 million tweets, and #ポケモン is already trending again at almost 6 million. My timeline is now PokeGo spam in two languages instead of just one.

"stop forcing these weiners on me"

if i had a dollar for every time i heard that one

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody read Shishunki Bitter Change?

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    yeah it's good
    Sweet someone suggested it and I've had its MAL page open for a few days

Also, cancerNico's birthday is today it's party time boys

Deleted
    Oh my, a teenage boy's greatest fear: being in the body of a cute girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, cancerNico's birthday is today it's party time boys
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MKoIpiWl.jpg[IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/q5NFtd2m.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lu7CbiAm.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/q5NFtd2m.jpg[IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IxjZRXBl.jpg[IMG]
    http://imgur.com/a/hTqmo