Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blessedkitten View Post
    Have you guys checked out the addon Whipped on curse? what do you think? it seems good for tracking demonic empowerment to specific demons.
    Considering the addon was created 20 hours ago and 0 total downloads (according to curse)....I doubt many have heard of it.

Edit:

There is a portion of the WeakAuras I use that can track everything you described made by @OOMM and can be found here: https://wago.io/4kqcQcXPb

In addition with WeakAuras integration zPets can tell you the damage TKC will do (but in a different format than just damage) and has a total pet counter you can use.
    Last edited by Woz; 2016-07-21 at 10:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Woz Update your signature, silly goose.

So from what I gather, it's impossible to have your dreadstalkers and 2 imp groups empowered and up for TKC without at least 6% haste, right? Because let's say that you have a demonic calling proc and 5 shards to set up for TKC with then you'll have 12 seconds to cast this sequence after casting Call Dreadstalkers

Hand of Gul'dan>Demonic Empowerment>Demonbolt>Demonbolt>Demonbolt>Demonic Empowerment>Thal'kiel's Consumption which requires at the very least 6% haste with low lag.

But if you don't get a demonic calling proc then it's probably worth it to save TKC for the next dreadstalker cd and on top of that, you can't actually fit summoning the doomguard or grimoire of service into the 12 sec dreadstalker window, so you have to summon them before dreadstalkers if you're gonna TKC.

Again, assuming that you have demonic calling and 5 shards, you'd have to cast this sequence in 12 seconds after already casting Call Dreadstalkers.

Hand of Gul'dan>Demonic Empowerment>Demonbolt>Demonbolt>Demonbolt>Demonbolt>Hand of Gul'dan>Demonbolt>Summon Doomguard>Grimoire of Service>Demonic Empowerment>Thal'kiel's Consumption

Which would require about 48% haste to cast in 12 seconds and that's with sub-optimal Demonic Empowerment usage at the end there where you should use it after the second Hand of Gul'dan and then another after Grimoire of Service, but that would add about .78 seconds to the cast sequence which would make it even more impossible.

TL;DR

Might wanna put in a little something informing people that if they don't have 6% haste (which can happen while gearing or leveling if you have bad luck) then it's not realistic to expect 2 imp packs and dreadstalkers to be empowered for TKC and that you have to summon Grimoire of service and/or Doomguard before dreadstalkers if you're setting up for a TKC.
    Last edited by Vynny; 2016-07-21 at 11:15 PM.

Deleted
    Bit offtopic, but will you do something like this guide also for Destruction / Affliction?

I'm especially interested in the Artifact path, that was absolutely fantastic for Demo! At the rate Demo is going, I will unfortunately not play it in Legion as I don't want to be benched during mythic progress, so Destro is the way to go for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Bit offtopic, but will you do something like this guide also for Destruction / Affliction?

I'm especially interested in the Artifact path, that was absolutely fantastic for Demo! At the rate Demo is going, I will unfortunately not play it in Legion as I don't want to be benched during mythic progress, so Destro is the way to go for me.
    I won't be doing them, no. However there will be some new guides coming soon for both Affliction and Destruction before the launch of Legion, so stayed tuned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    snip

TL;DR

Might wanna put in a little something informing people that if they don't have 6% haste (which can happen while gearing or leveling if you have bad luck) then it's not realistic to expect 2 imp packs and dreadstalkers to be empowered for TKC and that you have to summon Grimoire of service and/or Doomguard before dreadstalkers if you're setting up for a TKC.
    I couldn't tell you the least amount of haste required but I feel like it's safe to say that you'll have over 6% Haste when you hit 110, barring incredibly horrid luck when doing dungeons.

Overall it's not something that will come up basically ever, but good to point out.

It's really annoying to use Demonic Empowerment. It would be nice if it casted an aura around us so we only have to cast it every X seconds, but then we'd be spamming demonbolt/shadowbolt like crazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by critsohard View Post
    It's really annoying to use Demonic Empowerment. It would be nice if it casted an aura around us so we only have to cast it every X seconds, but then we'd be spamming demonbolt/shadowbolt like crazy.
    This has been discussed ad nauseam in the demo thread. At this point, DE isn't going anywhere, so I can only honestly recommend you play a different spec if it annoys you. As you probably know, it's absolutely vital to the spec, and you'll be spamming it more often than anything other than SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    This has been discussed ad nauseam in the demo thread. At this point, DE isn't going anywhere, so I can only honestly recommend you play a different spec if it annoys you. As you probably know, it's absolutely vital to the spec, and you'll be spamming it more often than anything other than SB.
    Don't get me wrong, Demo imo is the most fun out of the 3 specs and it will be probably what I'm going to main come Legion but I'm still hoping for a change to DE

7+ Year Old Account
    I want HoG to be instant cast again.

DE and call dreads instant cast, quality of life changes that should've been made.

I honestly can't understand how blizzard can design a caster spec with NO instant cast spell, outside doom which takes a while to deliver or wait maybe demonwrath is meant to be our mobility spell ( lol ).

How exactly does the new Doom work with Pandemic? It would seem like you wouldn't want to refresh it earlier but I honestly have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubhglas View Post
    How exactly does the new Doom work with Pandemic? It would seem like you wouldn't want to refresh it earlier but I honestly have no clue.
    Even when you re-apply doom before the duration has expired it still deals the damage after ~16 seconds? (I can't remember the exact number at the moment), it does not need to expire to deal the damage so you're fine to refresh the dot.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really fun. xD

Deleted
    Yes demonology plus the 4-bonus and class trinket are exactly what demonology in Legion should be baseline, but isn;t.

Sadly I can see everyone dumping it in Legion, hardest work for lowest reward is hardly an attractive spec.

If they eve rmake it decent ot use, I'd like to see Demonic Empowerment being a bit more visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Really fun. xD

What addon is that with the imp bars on the side of the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Yes demonology plus the 4-bonus and class trinket are exactly what demonology in Legion should be baseline, but isn;t.

Sadly I can see everyone dumping it in Legion, hardest work for lowest reward is hardly an attractive spec.

If they eve rmake it decent ot use, I'd like to see Demonic Empowerment being a bit more visual.
    Changing the Summons to instant cast would make the spec much more fluid to me. Dreadstalkers and Imps are just fancy looking DoT's and should work mechanically like Agony and Corruption IMO.

Demo already has two long Cast time abilities in Shadowbolt and Empowerment that need to be cast regularly.

Do you think Darkglare could surpass Demonbolt on single target fights in Legion with heavy mastery? On live, I have by far more mastery than any other stat, and my DPS is higher on the target dummy with Darkglare than it is with Demonbolt.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    Do you think Darkglare could surpass Demonbolt on single target fights in Legion with heavy mastery? On live, I have by far more mastery than any other stat, and my DPS is higher on the target dummy with Darkglare than it is with Demonbolt.
    Is that a single target dummy or is doom on 2 targets? Darkglare is one of demos cleave tools, so I wouldn't doubt it could do more sustained 2 target damage, but I don't think it will be better on 1 target. Unless, of course, you are using implosion and casting a lot of Demon Bolts without imps out.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Is it worth casting HoG with less than 4 shards (atm, not in Legion)? I saw people doing this and I can see why, but I'm not sure if it's better than casting it with 4 shards.

Quote Originally Posted by jojoushi View Post
    Is it worth casting HoG with less than 4 shards (atm, not in Legion)? I saw people doing this and I can see why, but I'm not sure if it's better than casting it with 4 shards.
    With the class trinket at 100 yes it is.