Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    "Tank" cloaks are distinguished by having a somewhat better stat on them. That doesn't necessarily mean that they're better for survivability - it's like saying that a crit/vers piece is always going to do less damage than a multistrike/mastery piece for Unholy.

Um, you are completely ignoring the non-BA secondaries, and secondaries really aren't that much worse than primaries. They already mentioned the tradeoff in their post: by using the 710 cloak, you lose 52 strength and 223 haste (has a weight of 1081 using the BoS stat weights on the first page) and gain 32 multistrike and 116 bonus armor (has a weight of 712). It's not even remotely close - the 735 cloak is far better. I also don't think that it would even be a survivability loss considering how much haste/strength you're gaining for a pitiful amount of BA.
    As a blood DK, we make almost zero use of haste. We can however make use of every point on the tank cloak. Str and Bonus armor are approximately equal for Attack Power calculations. Supposing we're going Breath of Sindragosa, I'll make use of the extra multistrike.

So you're not losing strength. You'll in fact make up for the "loss" with the 116 bonus armor. Remember 1 point of bonus armor = 1 attack power just like 1 point of str = 1 attack power. Attack power increases Death Strike healing as well. So, no, I wouldn't say it's far better.
    Last edited by Resurgo; 2016-04-07 at 06:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    As a blood DK, we make almost zero use of haste. We can however make use of every point on the tank cloak. Str and Bonus armor are approximately equal for Attack Power calculations. Supposing we're going Breath of Sindragosa, I'll make use of the extra multistrike.

So you're not losing strength. You'll in fact make up for the "loss" with the 116 bonus armor. Remember 1 point of bonus armor = 1 attack power just like 1 point of str = 1 attack power. Attack power increases Death Strike healing as well. So, no, I wouldn't say it's far better.
    1 str > 1 ap for DK's because of FC wep ench.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    1 str > 1 ap for DK's because of FC wep ench.
    From 52 str? Sure, let's take that into account.

Let's remember that it's a proc, and so it's not always up. But say it is up 100% of the time.
    Take the 52 str + the fact Fallen Crusader gives you 20% more str = 57 str total? I'll even round up and give you +1, for a total of +58 str. For a whopping 58 attack power on a proc. VS +116 attack power from Bonus armor NOT dependent on a proc... Hrrm...
    Last edited by Resurgo; 2016-04-08 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    From 52 str? Sure, let's take that into account.

Let's remember that it's a proc, and so it's not always up. But say it is up 100% of the time.
    Take the 52 str + the fact Fallen Crusader gives you 20% more str = 57 str total? I'll even round up and give you +1, for a total of +58 str. For a whopping 58 attack power on a proc. VS +116 attack power from Bonus armor NOT dependent on a proc... Hrrm...
    well 20% is kinda alot in a bigger scale. Also BA seemd to be only about 30% stronger stat than haste(according to statweights on first page), so it makes haste useless

well 20% is kinda alot in a bigger scale. Also BA seemd to be only about 30% stronger stat than haste(according to statweights on first page), so it makes haste useless
    You gotta dig a bit deeper though. Some of that was written at the beginning of WoD where Haste was somewhat (not very) useful. As gear and ilvl inflates, the need for haste dropped off a lot. We get to become GCD locked pretty easily, so more haste only speeds up rune regeneration and auto attacks. Problem is, we're so overflowing with resources, we couldn't use all the runes even if we wanted to. Sure, you might get the chance for more auto attack chances to multistrike, but having more multistrike alleviates that.

Assuming you're at the proper ilvl that most would expect at this stage during WoD, I still don't see a strong argument for taking the dps cloak over the tank cloak. (yet) A shame too, since one of my tanks is in that same spot where a dps cloak dropped that is significantly higher ilvl, but I don't see a reason to justify using it while tanking.

You gotta dig a bit deeper though. Some of that was written at the beginning of WoD where Haste was somewhat (not very) useful. As gear and ilvl inflates, the need for haste dropped off a lot. We get to become GCD locked pretty easily, so more haste only speeds up rune regeneration and auto attacks. Problem is, we're so overflowing with resources, we couldn't use all the runes even if we wanted to. Sure, you might get the chance for more auto attack chances to multistrike, but having more multistrike alleviates that.

Assuming you're at the proper ilvl that most would expect at this stage during WoD, I still don't see a strong argument for taking the dps cloak over the tank cloak. (yet) A shame too, since one of my tanks is in that same spot where a dps cloak dropped that is significantly higher ilvl, but I don't see a reason to justify using it while tanking.
    The stat weights were updated just a few weeks ago, if I'm not mistaken, and they are most certainly not from the beginning of WoD. In any case, GCD lock doesn't devalue haste much, and you're not even close to GCD locked if you are using BoS, so I don't understand that argument. Secondly, having more multistrike doesn't "alleviate" much, even 100% multistrike isn't enough to keep full BoS uptime with the base swing timer of 3.6s for a 2H weapon - that alone should tell you that haste has synergy with multistrike; it isn't devalued by getting more.

The fact of the matter is the dps cloak is far better from a DPS standpoint as has been shown by earlier posts, and you seem to just be tunnel-visioning bonus armor when in reality it's not multiple times better than the other secondaries, even the weaker ones.

Not trying to sound overly snarky, but are you somehow able to keep BoS up 100% of the time like BrF? If so, I'd love your secret. Otherwise, I don't know about you, but I can't bleed resources fast enough for most fights. Haste is last priority.

I'm obviously missing something (maybe I'm simply being lazy because I haven't looked at the items themselves)
    If the stated difference is
    +52str +223 haste VS +32multi +116 Bonus Armor
    I'm saying that the Tank Cloak's Bonus Armor blows out any gains from 52str. It does this by giving twice the attack power gains than the DPS cloak does.

The other secondaries like +223 haste VS +32 multi?
    Like I said, can't use the resources I have, more haste won't help. More multi is always welcomed.

Deleted
    Not trying to sound overly snarky, but are you somehow able to keep BoS up 100% of the time like BrF? If so, I'd love your secret. Otherwise, I don't know about you, but I can't bleed resources fast enough for most fights. Haste is last priority.
    Thats the case indeed, while we are not able to keep 100% uptime on BoS, stacking stats that allow higher BoS uptime is best bet.
    Ofc at the point when you kill bosses in <1min, its better to have maximum amount of attackpower and as many lucky ms/crit as possible. But then you should play paladin, not dk.

Like I said, can't use the resources I have, more haste won't help. More multi is always welcomed.
    I like this sentence. much sense.

Hi there, if got a question regarding my DPS trinkets. So I read the trinket section of the guide, but I couldn't really figure out if my EDH nhc socketed is worth equipping over my HC Unending Hunger / Fel Chorus.

So basically If got the following trinkets: Mythic socketed Vial, nhc socketed EDH, HC Unending Hunger, HC Fel Chorus. For the most fights I just ran with Vial + Unending Hunger.

I'm around 720 Ilvl and just care about DPS at the moment, survivability is fine.

Any advice?

Use Vial + UeH in that situation.

As for the cloak discussion use the tanking cloak, although it's pretty close. Reason? The DPS difference is very tiny, and the tank cloak gives more survivability.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

For most dps, what's best, armor or strenght potion?

why doesn't anyone ever pay attention?

+1 Bonus Armor = +1 attack power
    +1 Str = +1 attack power.

So, +1500 Bonus armor potion vs +1000 Str potion should be pretty easy to see?

edit:
    I apologize, it's a snarky comment, but it does pose the question; what's the confusion and how can I better explain it?
    Last edited by Resurgo; 2016-04-14 at 08:18 PM.

why doesn't anyone ever pay attention?

+1 Bonus Armor = +1 attack power
    +1 Str = +1 attack power.

So, +1500 Bonus armor potion vs +1000 Str potion should be pretty easy to see?

edit:
    I apologize, it's a snarky comment, but it does pose the question; what's the confusion and how can I better explain it?
    My doubt was because all the strengt modifiers, like buffs and fallen crusader. If they dont affect the stats given by a potion, then armor is the clear winner. Thanks anyway.

Deleted
    Even if they do modify it, then you get 5% from the raidbuff and 20% from the Fallen Crusader proc. That would mean

1000*1.05*1.2 = 1200*1.05 = 1260 effective strength from the strength potion, assuming that Fallen Crusader is up.

Armor Pot gives 1500, so it is still superior. Have I forgotten some other modifier I should be aware of?

Edit: If you are still missing the legendary ring, but already have the 690 or 715 version, then you get an additional 15% modifier, which results in

1260*1.15 = 1449 effective strength from the potion.

With that it is a close call offensively, but since the armor pot is still ahead (even though by a mere 3%) and is arguably more valuable defensively, you should still stick with the armor potion.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2016-04-21 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Hemskis reminder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Even if they do modify it, then you get 5% from the raidbuff and 20% from the Fallen Crusader proc. That would mean

1000*1.05*1.2 = 1200*1.05 = 1260 effective strength from the strength potion, assuming that Fallen Crusader is up.

Armor Pot gives 1500, so it is still superior. Have I forgotten some other modifier I should be aware of?
    15% from 715il legendary questline ring if still missing final one. Still not worth to pot str with all those buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Defile Recommended Stat Priority: Strength = Bonus Armour > Mastery > Multistrike = Crit = Vers >> Haste*

Im sorry OP but I totally disagree with your guide...

Recommended Stat Priority in this order
    STAM
    Crit
    Vers
    Bonus Armour
    Mastery
    Multistrike
    Haste

as far as you comment on Tyrant's Decree + Imbued Stone Sigil: The purpose of these trinkets is for Blizzard to troll players with them when they drop.
    You are wrong. These are two of the best trinkets out. As far as tyrants decree, if you stack crit which is parry you dont get spiked that much if at all at 1.2 million hp. The best part of these two trinkets it the massive HP boost you get. As far as drop below 60% the more HP you have the less likely a boss will spike you below 60%.

Why do I not value mastery... Death Strike is the only time mastery is useful and in effect. Thus why stack it to get a shield when you can have a permanent bonus in Parry from crit.

Bonus armor there is only so many items that allow you to have bonus armor on it so why not have bonus armor on each item that allows it.

Versatility... A lot of people say it doesnt do anything and is the worse stat but that simply isnt true. and at 30%+ You can see the major damage reduction. Not to mention your one ring will add to this. Hey increasing your damage as a DK never got simpler. if your decreasing damage by 30% your also increasing your damage by 60%.

A rotation is simple with blood its really 3 buttons with the 4th being when its up.
    Blood Boil Death strike Death Coil Smash away. When its up smash Soul Reaper. Rinse repeat every other ability is situational. Thusly use defile when needed and any other ability.
    You can simply smash 1 2 3 4 and push Rune Tap constantly if you want to be really lazy.

As far as your How to pull, that kinda made me laugh. Single target You pull using Death Grip into death stike Why so you get ur shield. Multi Mobs you pull using defile or Death grip and then blood boil all the mobs.

Dont over heal with death strike? Are you crazy your shield from Death Strike accumilates more and more each death strike So use it every chance you get you always have Rune tap saved up.
    Can we get update for this guide?

Can we get update for this guide?
    Heres your update
    Stam
    STR
    Crit. = parry attack power what more do you need..
    Mastery
    Versatility

Thats all you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mr. Clever, you forgot Haste...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Mr. Clever, you forgot Haste...
    forget haste im into surviving not doing damage.... in fact death strike does not keep you alive...