Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Baldur's Gate Bhaalspawn Saga

Who is playing?

I fucking love this masterpiece.

LOVE IT

Best RPG ever.

The dialog and interactions between party members was amazing, the voice work was top notch from a stella cast.
    Jim Cummings, Grey Delisle, David Warner, Jennifer Hale, Kath Soucie.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was there a recent release of another Baldur's Gate? Not seeing anything recent via a google search. Hit me with a link.

Or are you referring to the original AWESOME series?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Was there a recent release of another Baldur's Gate? Not seeing anything recent via a google search. Hit me with a link.
    There was an enhanced edition semi remake version that came out recently.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    There was an enhanced edition semi remake version that came out recently.
    Ah, I did hear something about an enhanced edition coming. Dammit, was hoping a new campaign was released. Loved that fucking game. LOVED IT!

Ah, I did hear something about an enhanced edition coming. Dammit, was hoping a new campaign was released. Loved that fucking game. LOVED IT!
    If you didn't hear about the enhanced editions then you missed Siege of Dragonspear I take it. While it's nothing special it is now a part of the Bhaalspawn Saga story now.

also the EE companions have sizeable BG2 and BG2ToB content.

Ascension is working on EE now SOOOOOOOOOOO thats pretty much all that matters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If you didn't hear about the enhanced editions then you missed Siege of Dragonspear I take it. While it's nothing special it is now a part of the Bhaalspawn Saga story now.

also the EE companions have sizeable BG2 and BG2ToB content.

Ascension is working on EE now SOOOOOOOOOOO thats pretty much all that matters.
    I did in fact miss the news of an expansion being released. Glad I caught site of this thread in the 'Recent Forum Posts' list today.

Saw that there is an EE bundle on steam for a reasonable price and its been at least a decade since I played through BG2(at least a few years longer for BG1), so figured fuck it, bought the bundle. Going to play through it all again with the EE version.

I'm currently playing Pillars of Eternity if that counts, was a recent sale for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Who is playing?

I fucking love this masterpiece.

LOVE IT
    I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say 'Bhaalspawn Saga'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say 'Bhaalspawn Saga'.

The Orignal Games are the Bhaalspawn Saga.

You know. The Entire premise of the Story.

Deleted
    Baldurs gate series is my favorite ever. I often find myself redownloading the entire thing for a new playthrough.

I hope they get around to doing a bg3. Like an actual baldurs gate three, slightly updated engine but same gameplay.

I've played the never installations of these types of games aswell but they just never compare. Might be my nsotalgia glasses, but hey as i said i'm still playing the game from time to time.

Also worth noting that the Icewind dale series also recieved EE recently.

Edit:

I also just my own personal note. I liked pillars of eternity somewhat. But what the fuck they did with that new planescape torment game i dont know. Thats ballcrap
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-08-13 at 06:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Or are you referring to the original AWESOME series?
    There was an expansion to BG1 made by beamdog in spring this year, although it's not up to par with the original bioware content imo. At this moment id recommend people to just play the EE on 1.3 and disregard their UI and content updates.

Beamdog has a long way left to go before their original content releases can stand up to devs like Obsidian, or the 90s/early 00s bioware and black isle.
    Last edited by zealo; 2016-08-13 at 12:35 PM.

Siege of Dragonspear was terrible, the writing was pathetic, and the agenda pushing ruined my immersion in the extreme. Love BG1 and BG2 plus their expansion packs though, replay them every couple years.

I remember playing it through so many times that I had 25 in every attribute before Durlags tower was released.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's safe to say Baldur's Gate 2 will remain my favourite game forever. I don't think I ever played anything single player as much as I did that and ToB. The feeling I had in the battle against Yaga Shura at the gates of Saradush will probably never be topped by a video game ever again.

Also, Jan Jansen. Because Jan Jansen. Also the name of my gnome mage in WoW.
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2016-08-13 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    (...) But what the fuck they did with that new planescape torment game i dont know. Thats ballcrap
    What do you mean? That it isn't set in the Planescape universe, or what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengwulf View Post
    What do you mean? That it isn't set in the Planescape universe, or what?
    No i mean the game itself is bad. Its boring and the character creation is the absolute worst i've ever seen bar nothing.

It's one of the best game series ever made.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

No i mean the game itself is bad. Its boring and the character creation is the absolute worst i've ever seen bar nothing.
    Were you even born when Baldurs gate launched? Dead serious.

The Infinity Engine games are almost universally hailed as the greatest RPGs of all time.

- - - Updated - - -

I did in fact miss the news of an expansion being released. Glad I caught site of this thread in the 'Recent Forum Posts' list today.

Saw that there is an EE bundle on steam for a reasonable price and its been at least a decade since I played through BG2(at least a few years longer for BG1), so figured fuck it, bought the bundle. Going to play through it all again with the EE version.
    Also look up Torment Tides of Nunmenera. It's pretty much supposed to be Planescape Torment 2.

And if you missed Pillars of Eternity. That is about the closest thing to BG and IWD as you are gonna get.

- - - Updated - - -

Baldurs gate series is my favorite ever. I often find myself redownloading the entire thing for a new playthrough.

I hope they get around to doing a bg3. Like an actual baldurs gate three, slightly updated engine but same gameplay.

I've played the never installations of these types of games aswell but they just never compare. Might be my nsotalgia glasses, but hey as i said i'm still playing the game from time to time.

Edit:

I also just my own personal note. I liked pillars of eternity somewhat. But what the fuck they did with that new planescape torment game i dont know. Thats ballcrap
    There is no need and no way to do a Baldurs Gate 3. The end of Throne of Bhaal is pretty well..... Definite for what occurs.

Better to create new stories or explore other locations like Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights had.

~~~
    That said

Those reading but unaware should know that David Gaider "The Creator of Ascension" left Bioware and joined Beamdog so hopefully they get some common sense to make Ascension a core addition to BG2EE eventually and not leave it up to random modders to take up the torch. Pretty much the situation Ascension is in right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Siege of Dragonspear was terrible, the writing was pathetic, and the agenda pushing ruined my immersion in the extreme. Love BG1 and BG2 plus their expansion packs though, replay them every couple years.

I remember playing it through so many times that I had 25 in every attribute before Durlags tower was released.
    It wasn't.... good..... and the characters ugh....

I like the EE Npcs

The SoD NPCS were cringe worthy. Nevertheless. It officially a part of the Bhaalspawn saga and may aswell be trudged through in a run considering the benefits one gains from doing so moving into SoA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    There was an expansion to BG1 made by beamdog in spring this year, although it's not up to par with the original bioware content imo. At this moment id recommend people to just play the EE on 1.3 and disregard their UI and content updates.

Beamdog has a long way left to go before their original content releases can stand up to devs like Obsidian, or the 90s/early 00s bioware and black isle.
    Yes update past 1.3 because of one important word

Mods

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:

Icewind Dale

Icewind Dale 2 may or may not happen for reasons you can google.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-08-14 at 02:35 AM.

For me, BG2 is the best game ever made: interesting game mechanic, big challenging world, unsurpassed voice action (David Warner!), exceptional dialogs and characters & charming antagonist.

Also, somehow Baldur's Gate Saga keeps its beauty even with all years passed since release. Install EEs or original, mix with SCS, IR, SR and Ascension mods and you have perfect addiction for a few weeks or even months.