Exclamation Wraith Walk Suggestions

already posted this on the battle.net forums here but I will copy and paste it here

OK so I have been reading a lot of posts on the forums about death knight mobility and such, and I agree with all of it. DK mobility is in a very bad spot right now and needs to be improved in some way, but all of this complaining isn't going to change a thing, so I had some ideas of how wraith walk could be improved.

#1. Remove the cooldown completely. We can't use any other abilities while it is active anyway, and it would still be a strictly worse version of Burst of Speed, but at least it would help us out a little bit.

OR, if we want to stick to the theme of Wraiths, which according to google is:
    a ghost or ghost-like image of someone
    ghosts can move through things and can't be killed so

#2. Make Wraith Walk let us move through walls and make us immune to damage (before you start screaming OP about the immunity, it would still be strictly worse than the Demon Hunter talent Netherwalk)
    (I realise it would probably be too hard to give us the walking through walls thing but at least the immunity? please? you took away our purgatory)

#3. At the VERY LEAST, we should be immune to fall damage during Wraith Walk. As far as I know, other than DKs, every class besides Warlock has some ability or talent to survive fall damage between blinks, slow falls, zen flight, etc.

What? DK mobility is fine. Wraith Walk is fine. I've done like 20 battlegrounds in the past 2-3 days and never thought "gee I need more mobility". We get a 70% ranged slow, two fucking death grips, a pet stun, anti-magic shell, a stun breaker. DK can stick on people just fine. I don't even know what this thread is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nygax View Post
    already posted this on the battle.net forums here but I will copy and paste it here

OK so I have been reading a lot of posts on the forums about death knight mobility and such, and I agree with all of it. DK mobility is in a very bad spot right now and needs to be improved in some way, but all of this complaining isn't going to change a thing, so I had some ideas of how wraith walk could be improved.

#1. Remove the cooldown completely. We can't use any other abilities while it is active anyway, and it would still be a strictly worse version of Burst of Speed, but at least it would help us out a little bit.

OR, if we want to stick to the theme of Wraiths, which according to google is:
    a ghost or ghost-like image of someone
    ghosts can move through things and can't be killed so

#2. Make Wraith Walk let us move through walls and make us immune to damage (before you start screaming OP about the immunity, it would still be strictly worse than the Demon Hunter talent Netherwalk)
    (I realise it would probably be too hard to give us the walking through walls thing but at least the immunity? please? you took away our purgatory)

#3. At the VERY LEAST, we should be immune to fall damage during Wraith Walk. As far as I know, other than DKs, every class besides Warlock has some ability or talent to survive fall damage between blinks, slow falls, zen flight, etc.
    Could of just posted this in the Death Knight Mobility thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...night-Mobility instead of making a new thread to discuss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    What? DK mobility is fine. Wraith Walk is fine. I've done like 20 battlegrounds in the past 2-3 days and never thought "gee I need more mobility". We get a 70% ranged slow, two fucking death grips, a pet stun, anti-magic shell, a stun breaker. DK can stick on people just fine. I don't even know what this thread is.
    The moment you raid archimonde mythic and notice you pretty much can't do fuck all DPS during the dance, since if you are bit too forward pattern lands there you're done for, that's when you know you miss the 15% a whole lot more than the silly on GCD WW.

Also theme wise WW does not make sense, it was taken from HoTS Leoric which is the skeleton king and isn't related to death knights at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Also theme wise WW does not make sense, it was taken from HoTS Leoric which is the skeleton king and isn't related to death knights at all.
    Pretty sure it's from Witch Doctors in D3, which are somewhat related to Unholy at least. D3 is where 90% of Blizzards "new" ideas for Legion comes from. Another WD->DK example is the artifact talent Shambler. It's basically the WD skill Zombie Charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    There is no point being part of history if you're too ignorant to understand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    Pretty sure it's from Witch Doctors in D3, which are somewhat related to Unholy at least. D3 is where 90% of Blizzards "new" ideas for Legion comes from. Another WD->DK example is the artifact talent Shambler. It's basically the WD skill Zombie Charger.
    It's literally the same animation as Leoric, as in how you hold your weapon how you lift up from the ground levitating and become transparent.

Deleted
    i can't wait for that immune neverending wraith walk so i can kite bosses to death without the need to even heal my self while my stacked mages/warlocks/hunters destroy the boss

Quote Originally Posted by Derpina View Post
    i can't wait for that immune neverending wraith walk so i can kite bosses to death without the need to even heal my self while my stacked mages/warlocks/hunters destroy the boss
    I don't really agree with his suggestions but they were obviously not meant to be used all together : either it has no cd or it makes us immune, obviously not the two together, don't make yourself more stupid than you are...