Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Of course! Thought it sounded familiar. Thanks!

I've filed him under Space Opera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Of course! Thought it sounded familiar. Thanks!

I've filed him under Space Opera.
    I think Blizzard just does those write up for you man :P.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I've moved Eagle Eye Tyrande to "Space Opera" now that her blurb confirms a connection to the Eternal Empire explicitly.

Interestingly, it mentions her taking the fight to the streets of New York just like Super Sonya's. I suspect the "Superhero" and "Space Opera" universes might be the same...

I think that they are, yeah.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Hmm, the fact she's in a "Superheroines Bundle" is further evidence. I'll keep them apart for now until evidence is conclusive, but it looks likely.

Guan Yu themed Arthas, Guan Yu was real, but this looks like Dynasty Warriors
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

7+ Year Old Account
    I love every "what-if" skin. AUs are gold.

I've added Balespider Gul'dan (which is straight up Gul'dan wearing the Balespider set from Firelands) and Mystic Empire Arthas.

I'm speculating that Mystic Empire Arthas and Jade Dragon Kharazim are in a shared universe, based on looks and theme.

Added Demonic Auriel, obvious one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Cool thread. I thought the Spectre thing was it's own little group and not just a Starcraft thing. Like a generic rogue squad of sci-fi assassins. But I don't know anything about the Starcraft universe really.

Spectre Illidan
    Spectre Nova
    Spectre Tracer
    The Spectre program is parallel to the Ghost program in StarCraft Lore. (Anyone is welcome to correct my probable spelling/accuracy slip-ups here -> ) Sarah Kerrigan was in the Ghost program. They took Psionically-gifted children and trained them to be assassins, with, I believe, the use of Terrazhim (sp) gas, to help enhance their abilities. Down the road you have a rogue group of Ghost dropouts or failures or rebels (help welcome there) who disliked either their treatment or the program itself, or possible the way they were being utilized? Result being that Spectres were formed.

During the Wings of Liberty Campaign in StarCraft II, you can choose to side with either Nova of the Ghost program, or ... ... (Jamaican guy) ... of the Spectre program. In game, the ghosts and spectres had slightly different abilities, but were utilized in the same role as an assassin / support unit. Ghosts were more about infiltration and disabling... vehicles? (help lol) where Spectres had more direct damage ablilities, if my (terrible) memory serves.

TLDR; Spectres are a cornerstone of StarCraft lore, parallel to Ghosts. 100% borrowed from that lore.

Also again please feel free to augment what I've been able to get down. It has been several years since I last played through Wings of Liberty.

Thanks and I hope this helps
    Last edited by Maletalana; 2016-08-19 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    -Starcraft lore-
    This is correct, other than the fact that it was only the Spectre program that involved Terrazine. It's what eventually drove them more or less insane. The regular ghosts were controlled by various mind-wiping technologies. Otherwise solid recap!

7+ Year Old Account
    heyooo!

Thanks for the check!

Added Striker Li-Ming and Spellbreaker Johanna.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buccaneer falstad comes from the Blackheart's bay map. The skin information mentions mistharbor; the name of the "realm" blackheart's bay takes place in.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Spectre program is parallel to the Ghost program in StarCraft Lore. (Anyone is welcome to correct my probable spelling/accuracy slip-ups here -> ) Sarah Kerrigan was in the Ghost program. They took Psionically-gifted children and trained them to be assassins, with, I believe, the use of Terrazhim (sp) gas, to help enhance their abilities. Down the road you have a rogue group of Ghost dropouts or failures or rebels (help welcome there) who disliked either their treatment or the program itself, or possible the way they were being utilized? Result being that Spectres were formed.

During the Wings of Liberty Campaign in StarCraft II, you can choose to side with either Nova of the Ghost program, or ... ... (Jamaican guy) ... of the Spectre program. In game, the ghosts and spectres had slightly different abilities, but were utilized in the same role as an assassin / support unit. Ghosts were more about infiltration and disabling... vehicles? (help lol) where Spectres had more direct damage ablilities, if my (terrible) memory serves.

TLDR; Spectres are a cornerstone of StarCraft lore, parallel to Ghosts. 100% borrowed from that lore.

Also again please feel free to augment what I've been able to get down. It has been several years since I last played through Wings of Liberty.

Gabriel Tosh was the Spectre in Wings of Liberty

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Buccaneer falstad comes from the Blackheart's bay map. The skin information mentions mistharbor; the name of the "realm" blackheart's bay takes place in.
    Ah, well spotted, moved him to a Mistharbor category.

Added Herald of N'Zoth Alarak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, this is a thread that I've been looking for.

Btw, Ronin Zeratul/Shogun Artanis both play into a mini, alternate universe story (I highly anticipate a Magistrate Tassadar skin).

Warmaster Chen/Shadowpaw LiLi aren't exactly what if Lei Shen was victorious in MoP, but rather his Ancient Army before he first died (Pre-War of the Ancients)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    The new Zarya skin pretty much seems Norse inspired.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account

From the Starcraft Wiki page, Spectres were a bit of an experiment that was infiltrated by a rogue ghost named Jackson Hauler, who threw the entire project off after making himself into a spectre, then escaped. He then teamed up with Tosh, using his knowledge from the experiments to kidnap ghosts and turn them into spectres. After a period of time, Tosh lead an attack on a Dominion facility, which failed, leading to a large number of spectres being caught. Then you go into the SC2 mission. (Note that helping Tosh out is the cannonically accepted ending. Im guessing we will see more of Tosh in the future, perhaps in the next chapter of Nova's little thing?)

As for abilities, Spectres are more of the utility - Ghosts had a spammable high-damage ability (Snipe), whereas Spectres had an AoE disable and a single-target kill ability (Which drained all energy).
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Added Queen of Ghosts Kerrigan. This seems to be the cleansed Kerrigan as she was at the start of Heart of the Swarm, although she's wearing a more "Nova"-like Hostile Environment Suit (one of her lines mentions it) and has mechanical wings designed by Reigel (featured in the Covert Ops missions). I think this qualifies as same universe, alternate gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Heh, this is a thread that I've been looking for.

Btw, Ronin Zeratul/Shogun Artanis both play into a mini, alternate universe story (I highly anticipate a Magistrate Tassadar skin).

Warmaster Chen/Shadowpaw LiLi aren't exactly what if Lei Shen was victorious in MoP, but rather his Ancient Army before he first died (Pre-War of the Ancients)
    Yeah I'm still hoping for more Ninja vs. Samurai skins :P

I agree on Chen and LiLi, I just left it as "Thunder King victorious" for brevity.