Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    white privilege enough?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    So you are asking if he would be biased and habouring feelings of revenge?
    Biased, yes. Harboring feelings of revenge? Not necessarily, but what I'm implying is that if it was his own daughter/niece/family, he may see things through a different light because it's hitting home. Kind of like the difference between someone that's never done drugs who just says that "drugs are bad," and someone who knows from experience that "drugs are bad" due to it impacting them/their family directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    The father "slipped," clearly it was an accident. You don't want the father to be branded a criminal and miss the experience of his middle years do you?

It is the same logic used in this case. The boy made a "mistake." His lawyer doesn't want him branded as a sex offender and to have to miss his college experience.
    Those are way different situations. Horrible comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird for real though. Every time we have a thread about executing murderers for their crimes, I see posts reaffirming us that jail and prison should be about rehabilitation. We also see that idea expressed in prison reform threads, or the thread about the US federal government refusing to use private prisons anymore. And yet we have this case with few details. And the details we do have aren't even that condemning of the guy. He was in bed with some girls that pass out and he fingered them. While wrong, its just not on the same level as the Brock case, or most of the other cases of someone preying on passed out people. Or violently attacking them and breaking into their homes. Or even drugging them or using weapons.

And yet, here we have people demanding he go to prison for 20 years, demanding he be castrated, demanding this and that. While I think 2 years probation is very light, its hypocritical of the aforementioned idea that we should be rehabilitating, instead of punishing people. Its also telling that the victims don;t think he should go to jail.

I'd also like to clarify, its sort of dishonest to compare this case directly to other recent ones. The person "slipping" into a vagina is ridiculous, and a poor, dishonest comparison. While you can say by law, he raped them, or that, by law that one poster that continued having sex with his wife right after she passed technically raped his wife.... I just don't think the alleged victims would really agree with you.

Also, people keep asking "what if a guy fingered your butt while you were asleep?" .. well, if I were a homosexual man, interested in said other man, and we were flirting all night and I happened to pass out as things were getting good.. and butt fingering was something I would normally be into... I just wouldn't care that much. In reality I have passed out drunk (for minutes at a time) and my girlfriend didn't stop, and just woke up me up by shaking me. To you people this might be rape and according to you, she might belong in prison... but I just don't see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Those are way different situations. Horrible comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird for real though. Every time we have a thread about executing murderers for their crimes, I see posts reaffirming us that jail and prison should be about rehabilitation. We also see that idea expressed in prison reform threads, or the thread about the US federal government refusing to use private prisons anymore. And yet we have this case with few details. And the details we do have aren't even that condemning of the guy. He was in bed with some girls that pass out and he fingered them. While wrong, its just not on the same level as the Brock case, or most of the other cases of someone preying on passed out people. Or violently attacking them and breaking into their homes. Or even drugging them or using weapons.

And yet, here we have people demanding he go to prison for 20 years, demanding he be castrated, demanding this and that. While I think 2 years probation is very light, its hypocritical of the aforementioned idea that we should be rehabilitating, instead of punishing people. Its also telling that the victims don;t think he should go to jail.

I'd also like to clarify, its sort of dishonest to compare this case directly to other recent ones. The person "slipping" into a vagina is ridiculous, and a poor, dishonest comparison. While you can say by law, he raped them, or that, by law that one poster that continued having sex with his wife right after she passed technically raped his wife.... I just don't think the alleged victims would really agree with you.

Also, people keep asking "what if a guy fingered your butt while you were asleep?" .. well, if I were a homosexual man, interested in said other man, and we were flirting all night and I happened to pass out as things were getting good.. and butt fingering was something I would normally be into... I just wouldn't care that much. In reality I have passed out drunk (for minutes at a time) and my girlfriend didn't stop, and just woke up me up by shaking me. To you people this might be rape and according to you, she might belong in prison... but I just don't see it that way.
    I am fine with jail being a punishment and a rehabilitation. The defendent basically "raped' two girls. He should be a registered sex offender (I wouldn't want him near my kids) and he should serve at least five years (imo). After five years in jail, he should get two years probation during which he has to take classes that help rehabilitate him.

As for the comparison, it was never meant to be a real comparison. The post you quoted is actually part of a series of posts in which I stated that I would bash his head in if the victim was my daughter/sister/cousin/etc/. I would then claim the same thing the defendents lawyer did when the police came and nab me (hence the comparison). It wasn't really meant to be serious except for the bashing in his head part if it was my daughter/sister/cousin/etc/. I just wouldn't get caught.

As for your fingering someone's butt example. I would wake up and beat the guy senseless (even breaking things, maybe cut off his finger etc). If he doesn't call the cops, I won't and we can leave it at that. I also had similar experiences with girls at college. I would never report them, but I think guys view this sort of thing waaaaay differently than women do.
    Last edited by Alydael; 2016-08-25 at 11:35 PM.

I am fine with jail being a punishment and a rehabilitation. The defendent basically "raped' two girls. He should be a registered sex offender (I wouldn't want him near my kids) and he should serve at least five years (imo). After five years in jail, he should get two years probation during which he has to take classes that help rehabilitate him.

As for the comparison, it was never meant to be a real comparison. The post you quoted is actually part of a series of posts in which I stated that I would bash his head in if the victim was my daughter/sister/cousin/etc/. I would then claim the same thing the defendents lawyer did when the police came and nab me (hence the comparison). It wasn't really meant to be serious except for the bashing in his head part if it was my daughter/sister/cousin/etc/. I just wouldn't get caught.

As for your fingering someone's butt example. I would wake up and beat the guy senseless (even breaking things, maybe cut off his finger etc). If he doesn't call the cops, I won't and we can leave it at that. I also had similar experiences with girls at college. I would never report them, but I think guys view this sort of thing waaaaay differently than women do.
    I like your willingness to engage in acts of violence. But I wonder if the law would be on your side.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I like your willingness to engage in acts of violence. But I wonder if the law would be on your side.
    I am sure it wouldn't be. People have been successfully sued because a burglar injured themselves during the break in, I am certain the law would not be on my side.

Ahh, so you are just irrationally insane and have no idea what you're talking about. Cool.