Thread: Healers in pvp?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Healers in pvp?

Took a year off from the game, came back for legion. (I am arena master/HWL) been pvping since s2 (merciless glad s2), my question to other healers is does pvp suck as much **** for you? like I can't save anyone and I die from a rogue not even looking at me

Pretty much, if a Ww,Dh,Rogue or Feral spot you then you are quickly killed

I've only done 4 BGs at 110 and my output seems low (resto druid), but I seem to be ok getting away from those things (I'd be a shitty druid, if I couldn't) but I can't sit there and tank them like I could in BC or wrath. ilevel 785ish, so my gear is 100% shit at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I've only done 4 BGs at 110 and my output seems low (resto druid), but I seem to be ok getting away from those things (I'd be a shitty druid, if I couldn't) but I can't sit there and tank them like I could in BC or wrath. ilevel 785ish, so my gear is 100% shit at the moment.
    And now imagine us other healers that cannot just turn and run (and never could tank them), we're basically fukked on sight... Playing a priest here and I feel it's 100% pointless to pvp and it blows as I love healing in pvp... well, at least my rogue-alt is halfway to 110 so I guess I'll pvp as dps this expansion! :/

Deleted
    You essentially have a choice;
    Play a healer; get frustrated.
    Play something else; don't get frustrated.

I'll leave the choice to you.

DH - rouge and WW monk absolutely destroy anything they touch at the moment... Feral does good damage too but those 3 dps specs will just insta gib you.

I'm also a resto druid and I have to pop almost every cd I have to live through a decent rogue opener. I'm also a glad/hero and melee do feel a bit overtuned. It's also nearly impossible to get distance from a rogue with that new hook ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    I'm also a resto druid and I have to pop almost every cd I have to live through a decent rogue opener. I'm also a glad/hero and melee do feel a bit overtuned. It's also nearly impossible to get distance from a rogue with that new hook ability.
    Oh phew, I thought I was just awful. I have to pop every CD known to man to live through a Rogue opener. Like wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    You essentially have a choice;
    Play a healer; get frustrated.
    Play something else; don't get frustrated.

I'll leave the choice to you.
    Basically. I just faction changed Horde and I've lost every single (15) BGs so far. This is pathetic and rage inducing. I can't heal stupid.

I leveled up a disc priest and it feels like a complete waste of time. The spec is utter trash.

Guys you miss that resto who tanked a rogue for 20 minutes in arena? It's gone and it won't come back; it's like it should have been for a long time )) just reroll, there are so many other classes, dont be retarded, learn to accept changes!

Healers dying in a 1v1 is a good thing, healers only dying to very specific classes isnt imo.

I hate healing on the immobile healers atm. Sitting ducks at the mercy of other people's skill or stupidity. I used to always love druid but now it feels incredibly weak with potato hots.

What I do like now though is MW. Just as mobile as druid (if not more mobile tbh) but does not feel as weak. I can definitely save people and myself, troll with extreme mobility and plenty of ways to deal with interrupts and melees. I also like that I can spam heals and drain my mana for big numbers, which isn't a big deal in BGs as you can just roll away and drink for a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I hate healing on the immobile healers atm. Sitting ducks at the mercy of other people's skill or stupidity. I used to always love druid but now it feels incredibly weak with potato hots.

What I do like now though is MW. Just as mobile as druid (if not more mobile tbh) but does not feel as weak. I can definitely save people and myself, troll with extreme mobility and plenty of ways to deal with interrupts and melees. I also like that I can spam heals and drain my mana for big numbers, which isn't a big deal in BGs as you can just roll away and drink for a few seconds.
    Yea I may reroll. Unfortunately I'll be way behind since leveling artifacts are not alt friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by EsteSeceta View Post
    Guys you miss that resto who tanked a rogue for 20 minutes in arena? It's gone and it won't come back; it's like it should have been for a long time )) just reroll, there are so many other classes, dont be retarded, learn to accept changes!
    Accept changes like rogues having a spammable teleport as their main attack? Or demon hunters dealing half their damage from 30 yards away? No thanks, those are design decisions that are too dumb to adapt to.

Well isn't that a brilliant solution. All healers should just reroll to melee dps.

I don't know how you don't see this as a problem you shouldn't have to reroll just because something is broken I've played since early BC and I can say so far this pvp situation is the least amount of fun I've had especially as a healer

Deleted
    paladin is strong as usual, my resto druid seems shitty though, dying in rogues stunlock is outdated design that was widely considered to be retarded, hence it was "fixed" in the past...now its back for some reason

also my healing seems to be kinda low

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    paladin is strong as usual, my resto druid seems shitty though, dying in rogues stunlock is outdated design that was widely considered to be retarded, hence it was "fixed" in the past...now its back for some reason

also my healing seems to be kinda low
    Can confirm, resto druid is ass. You can try to cheese it by going the almost insta-cast healing touch spec but then you will just oom really fast

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Can confirm, resto druid is ass. You can try to cheese it by going the almost insta-cast healing touch spec but then you will just oom really fast
    After rdruids enjoying being one of the most OP pvp healing specs in the games for years, you'll excuse me if I do not shed a tear for your current conundrum.

A well geared/played priest or monk can do well in both BGs and arena... and a lot of the changes that are a nuisance for healers are even more problematic for a DPS whom, without a healer, has a high probability of dying in a 4 sec stun.

I am having a blast playing my MW monk in random bgs. I switched from WW because I feel like I can actually carry hard my team with it.

It has both great healing and survivability. Have no problem keeping people up, and surviving melee gangbangs. My MW can easily facetank most not great dpsers, if they are good or 2-3 I just start to kite with the crazy ass mobility this class got, since I don't even need to cast my shit, RM and EM are both instant cast and SM is just castable on the move and not possible to interrupt either.

I was kinda worried about pvp healing in legion because I kept reading people saying healers just die to 1 dpser and not being able to keep people up.

I dunno that maybe is what is it like for immobile healers that have to cast healing, I feel like if I had to cast my Enveloping Mist I would be in a world of hurt due to interrupts were it not instant cast due to a pvp talent.