Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm surprised there are so few people using Darkglare. Honestly, it isn't -that- much behind Demonbolt on single target-- I actually prefer it for most boss fights. It seems like it's better than Demonbolt on any fight with multiple targets or has a lot of movement. It has as much health as a single dreadstalker, so it's also nice to have an additional demon for Thal'kiel's Consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    I'm surprised there are so few people using Darkglare. Honestly, it isn't -that- much behind Demonbolt on single target-- I actually prefer it for most boss fights. It seems like it's better than Demonbolt on any fight with multiple targets or has a lot of movement. It has as much health as a single dreadstalker, so it's also nice to have an additional demon for Thal'kiel's Consumption.
    I've been using it too and I feel pretty good about it. Best part is you can cast both Doom and Dankglare on the run. The other two choices might be better for ST but I love the flexibility of Dankglare.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    yes you need a lot of haste and to save your demonic calling proc lol my opener, pre demon bolt, doom,doomguard,empower,demon bolt(pray for DC proc),demon bolt,demon bolt,demon bolt, hand of gul'dan,dreadstalkers,empower,demon bolt demon bolt demon bolt, hog, empower, tkc lol
    My main question is..what is the proper way to handle not getting the demonic calling proc in this opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    yes you need a lot of haste and to save your demonic calling proc lol my opener, pre demon bolt, doom,doomguard,empower,demon bolt(pray for DC proc),demon bolt,demon bolt,demon bolt, hand of gul'dan,dreadstalkers,empower,demon bolt demon bolt demon bolt, hog, empower, tkc lol
    Sure I can imagine pulling this, but not with GoServ and Darkglare also jammed in there :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Has any actually managed to get off a TKC with 8(!) imps, 2 stalkers, GoServ, Doomguard AND Darkglare? Seems to me there's not enough time to do it.
    I dont think with current gear that its possible. I havent been very lucky with haste drops, atm i think i am at 19% haste (841ilvl). The best TKC i had was with demonic calling and conduit (which gave me back allmost a full hand of guldan), Doomguard, 2 felstalkers, and 12 imps, grimoire of synergy proc, around 1,6+smthing Million. i maybe could squize more in there but generally its better to go with the flow and get what you can. Many bosses have mechanics like going immune for a while or knockback effects.

On my first runs i was screwed many times, where i was trying to build the perfect TKC only to get knockbacked while i was casting it or boss getting immune. Knowledge of the fight is big and its better to summon a little less demons and actually pull off that TKC than getting screwed and then lose all your demons. The funniest so far was i think cordana..i got greedy from the procs i was getting and summoning more and more, start casting that tkc dreaming of over9000million crit...midway of the cast cordana disappears..when she appeared again, i had 0 shards, all demons gone etc.

About how to handle not getting demonic calling proc, imo cast dreadstalkers anyway (the only exception would be if i play with conduit and get many shards back so i can easily cast a full hand of guldan). I see dem. calling as a bonus, not as a requirement to cast dreadstalkers. (i could be wrong though)

If you are a TKC junky, check Nots past broadcasts on twitch (i think from monday?). Somewhere there on a boss there is a 10million crit
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-09-07 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    About how to handle not getting demonic calling proc, imo cast dreadstalkers anyway (the only exception would be if i play with conduit and get many shards back so i can easily cast a full hand of guldan). I see dem. calling as a bonus, not as a requirement to cast dreadstalkers. (i could be wrong though)
    Ah, the possibilities are a lot more complicated than that. I have 5 shards. No demonic calling.

1) Do I cast dreadstalkers, then empowerment, then demonbolt, then 4 shard hog, then empowerment, then try and get the best HoG I can fit with my haste before TKC?

2) Do I cast dreadstalkers, then HoG, then empowerment, and lose 1 imp and some empowerment on the dreadstalkers for a cast?

3) Do I cast HoG, then empowerment, then demonbolt, then dreadstalkers, then empowerment?

4) Do I cast HoG, then demonbolt, then dreadstalkers, then empowerment?

Basically, do I sacrifice any part of my normal priority for a bigger TKC/saving an empowerment cast under any circumstances, is the question I'm asking? (Normal priority would be option 1)

EDIT: Since demonbolt and thal'kiel's benefit from more demons being out, the answer could be "yes, break your priority if you have both" or "yes, break your priority if you have demonbolt talented at all, thal'kiels off cooldown or not" or "no, never break your priority" or "only break above certain stat threshhold"
    Last edited by Olloth; 2016-09-07 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olloth View Post
    Ah, the possibilities are a lot more complicated than that. I have 5 shards. No demonic calling.

1) Do I cast dreadstalkers, then empowerment, then demonbolt, then 4 shard hog, then empowerment, then try and get the best HoG I can fit with my haste before TKC?

2) Do I cast dreadstalkers, then HoG, then empowerment, and lose 1 imp and some empowerment on the dreadstalkers for a cast?

3) Do I cast HoG, then empowerment, then demonbolt, then dreadstalkers, then empowerment?

4) Do I cast HoG, then demonbolt, then dreadstalkers, then empowerment?

Basically, do I sacrifice any part of my normal priority for a bigger TKC/saving an empowerment cast under any circumstances, is the question I'm asking? (Normal priority would be option 1)

EDIT: Since demonbolt and thal'kiel's benefit from more demons being out, the answer could be "yes, break your priority if you have both" or "yes, break your priority if you have demonbolt talented at all, thal'kiels off cooldown or not" or "no, never break your priority" or "only break above certain stat threshhold"
    1 or 2 in that scenario.

Should give similar results in the long run. 1 Imp is worth approx 25k damage at 835 ilvl for TKC but not casting Dreadstalkers off CD regardless of DC or not is worth more than 25k damage over the course of the fight (Dreadbite alone - the first thing that Dreadstalkers 'cast' when summoned - is more than 25k damage).

Deleted
    I've been thinking about doing demo on boss and other on trash. The question I have is that is it possible to swap specs in mythic plus? prefer a sourced anwser.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    1 or 2 in that scenario.

Should give similar results in the long run. 1 Imp is worth approx 25k damage at 835 ilvl for TKC but not casting Dreadstalkers off CD regardless of DC or not is worth more than 25k damage over the course of the fight (Dreadbite alone - the first thing that Dreadstalkers 'cast' when summoned - is more than 25k damage).
    Thanks, I'll probably go with 2 for simplicity sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 or 2 in that scenario.

If I had a fresh Synergy procced, I'd imagine scenario 2 would be better?
    I was about to ask the same question but seems like Olloth had beat me to the punch!

Also while I'm quoting you Woz any chance you know how to get Synergy proc to show for your Felguard on your WeakAura profile?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chookchan View Post
    If I had a fresh Synergy procced, I'd imagine scenario 2 would be better?
    I was about to ask the same question but seems like Olloth had beat me to the punch!

Also while I'm quoting you Woz any chance you know how to get Synergy proc to show for your Felguard on your WeakAura profile?
    Yeah, #2 would be better in that situation for sure.

Just copy the player one and change the trigger from Player to Pet and it'll work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, #2 would be better in that situation for sure.

Just copy the player one and change the trigger from Player to Pet and it'll work.
    Cheers!
    /10char
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

So, is the expendables really that good? Doesn't it only really amount to like a 10 percent increase to your felguard's damage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    So, is the expendables really that good? Doesn't it only really amount to like a 10 percent increase to your felguard's damage?
    For felguard yes, its like a permanent 10% increase, but all your summons are getting buffed. For example if you cast Hand of gul'dan and implode the previous imps your new imps get buffed. Or if you use darkglaire for aoe and spam implosions, darkglaire gets buffed.

Also as note to Not: The guide, at the artifact trait section says 15% dmg increase

[QUOTE=theblackharvest;42248471Also as note to Not: The guide, at the artifact trait section says 15% dmg increase[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will be fixed in a bit.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if "Doom, Doubled" still has a 25% chance to double? Or did it got nerfed or so?
    Also, how do we know its 25%? It only says: Doom has a chance to deal double damage.
    I hate blizz for not saying the % on some skills...
    Last edited by mmoc2e5f81c6e9; 2016-09-09 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    For felguard yes, its like a permanent 10% increase, but all your summons are getting buffed. For example if you cast Hand of gul'dan and implode the previous imps your new imps get buffed. Or if you use darkglaire for aoe and spam implosions, darkglaire gets buffed.

Also as note to Not: The guide, at the artifact trait section says 15% dmg increase
    Yeah but the buffs it would give to say imps for example would only be 4%. 4% to all your imps sure, but still only 4%. I'm just wondering if it would be more worth it to grab stolen power or doom doubled first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvondria View Post
    Does anyone know if "Doom, Doubled" still has a 25% chance to double? Or did it got nerfed or so?
    Also, how do we know its 25%? It only says: Doom has a chance to deal double damage.
    I hate blizz for not saying the % on some skills...
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=218572/doom-doubled

25%

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    Yeah but the buffs it would give to say imps for example would only be 4%. 4% to all your imps sure, but still only 4%. I'm just wondering if it would be more worth it to grab stolen power or doom doubled first.
    No, Expendables is better than both of those traits.

I'm surprised no one is talking about the upcoming hotfix here yet. starting with 3 sould shards is certainly a step in the right direction. It's looking like demo's ST is already pretty solid and will only get better with more haste (not to mention we synergize so well with lust/heroism). So anyway I was wondering what people's thoughts on what our openner would be. Pre case demo bolt, doom, doomguard, dreadstalkers, empower and then so forth? What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by janzy View Post
    I'm surprised no one is talking about the upcoming hotfix here yet. starting with 3 sould shards is certainly a step in the right direction. It's looking like demo's ST is already pretty solid and will only get better with more haste (not to mention we synergize so well with lust/heroism). So anyway I was wondering what people's thoughts on what our openner would be. Pre case demo bolt, doom, doomguard, dreadstalkers, empower and then so forth? What are your thoughts?
    I'm more concerned with the increased pet duration. I think we need it badly, but our target switching probs will probably be pulled out into the sun.

Worth.